cheerios's Content

There have been 224 items by cheerios (Search limited from 12-May 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#340590 August nerf; IL??

Posted by cheerios on 21 July 2014 - 12:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Where you located in illinois? I cant make it to mayhem, but maybe to another war.

His profile says Peoria, IL. That's why I said an hour from the Bradley campus, it's a landmark that almost everybody knows in Peoria.

#290772 Guns Guns Guns!

Posted by cheerios on 12 December 2010 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

A rainbow pump from Ryan is one of the best investments you'll ever make (Nerf wise). You're never need a new primary.

#340577 August nerf; IL??

Posted by cheerios on 20 July 2014 - 08:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I know it's not yet August, but we are having a war in Bloomington (1 hour from the Bradley Campus) next weekend.

Mayhem 3.5 July 26th

#284644 Quick Question About Big Blasts

Posted by cheerios on 02 September 2010 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

The box should say something along the lines of "Blasts missiles 30' " if it's a lever trigger. Also my lever trigger BBBB box said 2005 on it.

#281437 The Stitchmanta

Posted by cheerios on 27 July 2010 - 11:18 PM in Homemades

It's very... uh beautiful.

#347440 Taobao Longshot Shotgun Grip by F10555

Posted by cheerios on 25 June 2015 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

I might be able to do something similar to this, and most likely better.

Now I need to find a Longshot.

If you want to hook me up with one of them when you're done you can have one of my Longshots.

#337513 Big Bad Bow Mods

Posted by cheerios on 16 March 2014 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

Just do Beaver's Big Bad Bow mod found here.

It's simple, clean, and effective.

#294452 Write-up: Dart Tag Furyfire Modification

Posted by cheerios on 13 February 2011 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

Uh, I believe you have the pictures of the spring mixed up.

#336375 Splitfire

Posted by cheerios on 07 January 2014 - 12:41 AM in General Nerf

-major reliability issues

They are pretty notorious for leaking, typically out of the front of the tank. They are back pressure tanks. All the internals are connected together so you can't exactly replace individual parts, so, if you tank leaks and you cant fix it your screwed.

-what one would cost stock and modded today

I've sold my last 3 stock for between $40 and $30. Not sure if that's really the going rate, but it's what I felt like they should be worth.

-likes/dislikes about them in general (handle being comfy, usability, ease of modding, etc.)

They are easy to mod, you should check out some of the guides in the Modifications Directory. The handle isn't exactly comfortable, but isn't uncomfortable either; it falls into the comfort category of the plusbow for me. They are as easy to use as any other singled air gun; However getting the tanks to fire at different times takes some getting used to.

#338537 May 4 Central Illinois War

Posted by cheerios on 28 April 2014 - 06:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I will try to be there.

#339494 Barrel fittings

Posted by cheerios on 11 June 2014 - 08:26 PM in Darts and Barrels

Additionally there is schedule 80 PVC, which is hard to find in some hardware stores., and honestly impractical.

How is Sch. 80 PVC impractical? It is a close enough fit to PETG, eliminates the need to nest your barrel material, and is sold in Menards, Ace, (some)Home Depots, and Lowes.

#338919 Rainbow Pump Bullpup Pistol/Carbine Concept

Posted by cheerios on 13 May 2014 - 05:10 PM in Homemades

How awkward is it to prime a blaster like that when it has large spring loads? I was thinking of doing something like this but determined that the force would be awkwardly distributed and would cause priming to become too uncomfortable for practical war use. Have you noticed any discomfort while priming this repeatedly like you would in a war situation?

#305052 Amazon foam

Posted by cheerios on 26 September 2011 - 10:12 PM in General Nerf

The CL Laurence foam I bought in the past was closer to 5/8, which depending on your barrel wouldn't be to good.

#350060 Nerf Modification Companies

Posted by cheerios on 19 December 2015 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

Xplorer sells premodded blasters on their website but they're rather expensive and you'll have to pay shipping from Singapore. http://www.xplorersg.com

#334241 AT3K mod questions

Posted by cheerios on 24 September 2013 - 08:25 AM in Modifications

Follow Ryan201821's overhaul guide. 12" PETG barrels work really well, 10" would also work fine. There's no need for a PSI gauge just keep the number of pumps below 5-6, or install an over pressure relief valve if you are worried about blowing up your tank.

#262607 Plusbow Is Worth?

Posted by cheerios on 21 January 2010 - 04:04 PM in Off Topic

How much is a +bow usually worth?

I'm sorry of this is in the wrong forum but I just didn't want to clutter the trading forum or anything.

I have seen them go for anywhere between $110 and $150.

#299100 Marshmallow Blaster

Posted by cheerios on 31 May 2011 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

Your explenation of a OPRV is not correct; I believe you are trying to explain the dump valve. The OPRV is what stops the tank from building up to much pressure so your tank doesn't blow up.

#311906 orange mcmaster foam

Posted by cheerios on 26 February 2012 - 05:17 PM in Homemades

The orange foam doesn't work good for darts, it's too rubbery and has too much friction.

#289239 Warthog Help

Posted by cheerios on 28 November 2010 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

Take the water gun spring out and put in the stock one, it's stopping you from reaching the catch notch.

#331635 The Purple Catch

Posted by cheerios on 06 July 2013 - 05:46 PM in Homemades

I made one of Ryan's new extension spring blasters using one of the first Purple handles created. It has work reliably for nearly 300 shots, and it is much easier to install than a regular rainbow catch.
Posted Image

#261681 Nerf Recon Light Mod?

Posted by cheerios on 13 January 2010 - 04:43 PM in Modifications

Change the color of the light? I'm pretty sure you can't unless you open the light and change the bulb, beside for that im pretty sure you can't.

#340569 Brassed Flywheels

Posted by cheerios on 20 July 2014 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

Can you actually post your results in a text form? As cool as videos are (they really aren't); text and pictures allows everyone to view the information you want to show us.

#281086 Illinois Foam Fest 4

Posted by cheerios on 23 July 2010 - 09:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.
And noodle ILFF2 was "still creepy".
I'll help host if you want me to.

#335155 Directory of Homemade Nerf Gun Build Guides

Posted by cheerios on 02 November 2013 - 09:29 PM in Homemades

Carbon has been pretty busy lately so I'm taking over the Directory for him. Please don't post in the thread. Here's the original directory thread by Carbon for posterity.

The Nerfhaven Homemade Directory is the repository of past completed projects of the Haven. Use it as a resource to see whats been accomplished before, to find new (or old) techniques, or to get inspiration for your next project. PM me if your homemade isn't in the directory or if certain links aren't working. PM Aeromech if your writeup doesn't appear here within a week of posting.

This post will be updated as new projects are added to the forum.

Helpful Threads for Building Homemade Blasters
Read the first three threads before building your first homemade.
General Reference Thread
So You Want To Build A Homemade?
Guide to Machining Plastics by Captain Slug
Guide to Solvent Welding Plastics

Just click the "show" button near the spoiler bar to see that version of the directory.

Administration Picks

Spoiler

Write-Ups

Sorted by Priming Styles
Spoiler