Airsoft999's Content

There have been 242 items by Airsoft999 (Search limited from 30-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65924 Nerf Drive-by

Posted by Airsoft999 on 16 October 2005 - 01:11 PM in Nerf Wars

In the Meadowvale clan wars. 2 players will killed in Nerf drive bys(sp?)

The first was taken out while camping someones house. He was hiding to close the curb. The cars speed slowed down at the right time. Two rapid fires hanging out the front passenger window and the rear right passenger window. 40 darts later he had no chance.

The other player taken out was walking to work and again walking to close to the curb and my team just pulled up beside her and out pops the rapid fire. I think my team didnt even keep going they just pulled up beside her and stopped but indeed another quality hit.

That was disturbing until I realized what you actually meant.

#38544 My Site.

Posted by Airsoft999 on 07 October 2004 - 05:34 PM in Off Topic

Did you join NERFhaven just to "brag" about your I'mtheonlyonewhopostsandithasnothingtodowithnerfHOME website?

#47869 Motorized Ballzooka

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 February 2005 - 06:32 PM in General Nerf

The MBZ cocks? Do you mean that the gears aren't flinging the ball? That's right. Flinging. Not shooting.

#59073 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by Airsoft999 on 11 July 2005 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

I have that exact gun. It is a very effective mod. You'll need a 12 inch tight barrel (17/32 brass for me) Pm me.

#36350 Homemade Breech Questions

Posted by Airsoft999 on 03 September 2004 - 07:27 PM in General Nerf

Correct me if im rong

That was wrong :P .

I believe that is correct, although I, as well, am a little confused with breach loading.

#34385 Ebay

Posted by Airsoft999 on 19 August 2004 - 12:20 AM in Off Topic

It must be two friends working together...
One starts the bidding, and the other always raises the price- until the high bid is reasonable.. Ya know, it's nuckin' futz how much that ass paid.

#39664 Clip Friendly Dart

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 October 2004 - 08:16 PM in General Nerf

Wait- these darts are better? Wow...
Wondering: do you prefer this over the Quad barreled?

#39662 Clip Friendly Dart

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 October 2004 - 08:13 PM in General Nerf

Total congrats. I guess in a Titan, the 10 feet differential won't matter :lol: . And the better ROF must be sweet.

#34653 Ipod's Dirty Secret

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 August 2004 - 06:50 PM in Off Topic

I still the iRiver PMP-120 is better... even though it hasen't been released yet :nugget:.
Handier.

#34650 Ipod's Dirty Secret

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 August 2004 - 06:44 PM in Off Topic

You could try this:http://store.yahoo.com/planetminidisc/pmp-120.html. You can download music files onto it from anywhere! You don't need a PC (no, not powerclip). Heh.

#34714 Ipod's Dirty Secret

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 August 2004 - 11:49 PM in Off Topic

Awhile ago in PC Magazine, they gave a tutorial on how to replace the battery yourself.. I'll see if i can find it and get a scan of it..

Yeah, I saw that... pm me and I can give you the scan.

#39260 Titan Lite...

Posted by Airsoft999 on 19 October 2004 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

Great idea, J_cobbers. I'm trying that too, with an added homemade stock. Also, I'll be using a different pump, either my broken BF's or my broken RF20's. I dunno, the pump just seems so pitiful.

#32370 Holy Shit... And Out Of A Off Brand Gun!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 26 July 2004 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

Your best bet is to find them at TRU, theyre $10.

THIRS

Not having a good spelling day, are ye?

THe bazooka looks great. Time to waste some gift cards.

#45291 Mavrics

Posted by Airsoft999 on 01 January 2005 - 02:01 PM in General Nerf

I can answer some questions too, and possibly sell a few "mavrics".

#39256 Pvc Or Brass Barrels

Posted by Airsoft999 on 19 October 2004 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

Use the search feature on the front page and do some reseach. But generally PVC/CPVC is better on sping guns to allow pressure to build up before the dart fires. Brass is better for pump guns b/c it has lower friction and the pressure is highest when it is released, thus does not need to build behind the dart.

I'd disagree. Nested brass is better on spring guns.

And physique- I did a brass mod with around 2 months ago. Search ompa's mod- I posted it there. Also, 16 inches is needed for optimal performance- you said you used like 8 inches- losing lotsa range.

#45083 At 2000 Single Barrel

Posted by Airsoft999 on 29 December 2004 - 03:33 PM in Modifications

nerfnewbie, here are your options. Make a single barrelled breech, and get 100 feet, but be limited to losing. Or, you could quad-barrel it, and it can be a loser and trooper weapon. Or you could do good ol' Lefty (Southpaw)'s double AT2K or AT3K and AT2K integration.

#37888 Can You Do Anything To A Pulsator?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 27 September 2004 - 07:49 PM in Modifications

The point? If they are slightly longer, this means a larger ammo capacity, but get them too long, and it may kill the range.

Range? What range?

#45228 ... Whoa...

Posted by Airsoft999 on 31 December 2004 - 02:52 PM in Off Topic

Oh, and the best, NerfHome. That's what most people mean when they says "NH". :(

#40115 Self-pumping Fully Automatic Patent

Posted by Airsoft999 on 28 October 2004 - 03:44 PM in General Nerf

That is amazing!! I like how the turret isn't at the very top of the gun.... But I still see a pump, wouldn't it have to be internal to be self pumping?  Otherwise people would run around with pumps going in and out of their guns, and using them lethally... sweet.  The patent looks kewl, but it says it shoots fluid, when there is clearly a turret.  Maybe another switch shot gun?

I can think of other uses for a pump that automatically gose in and out... in and out... in and out.... :o

You mean for clotheslining people from hell?

Ohhhhhhh............... I get it............. B)

#40109 Self-pumping Fully Automatic Patent

Posted by Airsoft999 on 28 October 2004 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

That is amazing!! I like how the turret isn't at the very top of the gun.... But I still see a pump, wouldn't it have to be internal to be self pumping? Otherwise people would run around with pumps going in and out of their guns, and using them lethally... sweet. The patent looks kewl, but it says it shoots fluid, when there is clearly a turret. Maybe another switch shot gun?

#34251 N-strike Mod

Posted by Airsoft999 on 18 August 2004 - 04:54 AM in Modifications

To roughly quote someone from
long ago (airApache?)
N-Strike set- $40.00
1 foot of K+S Brass- $2.28
Variable Speed Dremel w/ multiple options- $70.00
12 hours of my time as I compile pictures and text- Fucking Priceless
There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's studing the mods on the site until you understand the terms, and look at the descriptive writing of the mods. (thats how I modded my Dt3 Arrow Shooter) 90 ft. flat

Yeah- so read the mods. Understand nesting, couplers, breech loading, etc.

#39670 Powerclip Question

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 October 2004 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

Okay, now my powerclip gets good ranges :( (for an automatic). Right now, my powerclip is getting 50 feet minimum with whistling micros. 20-30 feet with megas :( If I did add an external airtank would it increase range?

Micros and Megas both being used in one specific barrel... :lol:

#47689 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by Airsoft999 on 21 February 2005 - 10:30 AM in General Nerf

CX is right. It looks like a cocking gun. Now, will it have the new plunger technology?
Just wondering, though, this means that Hasbro defines that as a rapid fire gun- so the Maverick is also a rapid fire gun? And why would they just pretty much rerelease the Maverick for a tag kit- I would think they would use a different gun. Due to that, I think the cocking think could be a pump- I've seen the design on a Light Storm LS10- in fact, they look very alike.

#47631 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by Airsoft999 on 20 February 2005 - 12:25 PM in General Nerf

The other one sounds like a PC knockoff. But at least it looks slimmed-down this time. Hopefully they maybe put some more durable internals in this one. The REV-8 seems like it has potential, just remove the light and hopefully we'll have another good gun.

Then again,

Posted Image

Those look alot like slides for a cocker. If they are, can anyone say 10-shot cocking gun? Hell yeah.

If anyone does go to the toyfair, please confirm if it's a pump or cocking gun. You'd have my... ok you get the point, just someone do it- I doubt my parents would let me FLY somewhere to see a toy festival.

~ompa

I agree with the cocking mech thing, but there is a neckstrap attached to it, so it would be hard to cock. I thought it would be like an A-Storm, but there is a trigger. Hot damn.

#53390 Secret Shot Mod²

Posted by Airsoft999 on 24 April 2005 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

That's a nice mod, and it's very clean. Well done. Does it shoot both darts at the same time, or can you switch between the two barrels? That would be schweet.

Well the ammo-holder is clicked either up or sideways, allowing that certain barrel to shoot (as you probably know) but I think you can have it half-and-half, but it would be weak.

#35813 The Lnl

Posted by Airsoft999 on 29 August 2004 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

I, for one, like the SSII much more.
But the LnL's pimpin,!
And it's more compact for those who can't take a dremel to their NF to make it smaller...

...or to those that are too lazy to. :mellow:

#35873 The Lnl

Posted by Airsoft999 on 30 August 2004 - 01:51 PM in General Nerf

W00T! 100th post!
CX- don't post here again and make me look at your post count :blink:
Joselyn- try not to use AIM language, like lol. Use the smiley.
LDM- You have insulted me and the Sharpshooter II. I love it! And the case fits my hand like a charm.
Ompa- I've got extra plungers to many guns, if you want one. I'll give it cheap.

Advice to whatiam: Whatitis has already posted, so as CX said, don't post here.
Man, I forgot the SS1. That's nice too.

#36405 Big Bad Bow Malfunction

Posted by Airsoft999 on 04 September 2004 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

Don't triple post. And if a stefan got lodged in the plunger tube, wouldn't it be logical to take the gun apart and take it out?

#28895 New York War? Ne1 Here?

Posted by Airsoft999 on 19 June 2004 - 04:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Rochester.

#37923 Woot! Another Record!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 28 September 2004 - 03:08 PM in Off Topic

Guests is people with accounts

... :unsure:

Well said Langley.

#37884 Woot! Another Record!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 27 September 2004 - 07:37 PM in Off Topic

Congrats, I just noticed that we set another all-time most people online record. Damn, this was the time I spent at the dinner table.

#37887 Woot! Another Record!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 27 September 2004 - 07:44 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, 36 guests, that is a lot. Could some of them possible be members that were too lazy to log in? I'll wait for CX on the final note on this.

Actually, the record is 55! And there are 53 right now! Wow...

Stupid fucking flood control.

#37935 Woot! Another Record!

Posted by Airsoft999 on 28 September 2004 - 05:07 PM in Off Topic

Sorry, CX, but the grammar... Sorry if that was dumb...

#34164 Rock, Paper, Saddam

Posted by Airsoft999 on 17 August 2004 - 08:51 AM in Off Topic

Tiger Hand always beats paper, but what does Pen Missle beat? Rock?

That was great. Not your quote- the whole thing.
BTW I'm really not sure...

But c'mon... CRY ME A RIVER :lol:

You know, maybe we should get CX to close this.
We're just repeating what he said.

#37693 New To Nh

Posted by Airsoft999 on 23 September 2004 - 03:28 PM in Off Topic

What's the gun at the bottom?

EDIT: Ohhhh.

#37815 New To Nh

Posted by Airsoft999 on 26 September 2004 - 05:16 PM in Off Topic

Just an idea, but you could add to the pump, so it'd be like a Blast Bazooka type gun.

#36472 Scout Or Nf

Posted by Airsoft999 on 05 September 2004 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

Watch your spelling. I can't wait for the N-Strike NF to come out. It is definately better.

#29439 Gun Remakes

Posted by Airsoft999 on 24 June 2004 - 02:22 PM in General Nerf

Just wondering

#51065 Big Bad Bow

Posted by Airsoft999 on 29 March 2005 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

Well, there are many possible mods. NOTE: All barrel materials mentioned are sold in different increments, but any barrel I mention, you'll want to buy with a 1/2" measurement, unless mentioned differently.

1.) Find a suitable barrel- you'll want about ten inches of whatever you need. If you are using stock micros, or mega stefans, use SCH40 PVC (found in most hardware stores) If you use micro stefans, use PETG, CPVC, SCH80 PVC, copper, or brass. If you use brass, nest 3.5 inches of 17/32" in 10 inches on 9/16" brass. Then, cut down/hollow out the barrel, and glue/stick your barrel onto the stub or push it into the original barrel. Then make sure it is airtight. Use a ramrod to load the dart.

2.) Cut down all but 1/2"-1" of the original barrel. Wrap the stub in tape, until a coupler fits snug on it. The coupler should be glued on airtight. Make sure the coupler fits the barrel material you choose to use, i.e. copper coupler for copper, PVC coupler for all PVC and brass, and CPVC coupler for CPVC. The barrel you choose to use should be the same as what I mentioned in mod 1. However, don't glue the barrel into the coupler- you WANT the barrel to be removable to increase ROF. To reload, take the barrel out of the coupler, and push the dart into the back of the barrel, and then put the barrel back in.
** For brass and a PVC coupler, put the brass inide some PVC so the PVC fits in the couper. Brass does not fit in a coupler by itself.

3.) Cut down the barrel like in mod 2. This mod is only for if you are using micro stefans or stock micros. Then, insert a hollowed out crayola marker in the stub for stock micros, or 4 inches of 17/32" brass in the stub for micro stefans. Make it airtight. Then glue a PVC coupler around the brass. Then make a barrel extension out of 10 inches of SCH40 PVC (stock micros) or 10 inches of 9/16" brass inside 6 inches of SCH40 PVC. To load, push your dart into the smaller constricted barrel (the marker) and then slide the barrel extension over the crayola or 17/32" brass and into the coupler.

4.) Make a breech, as shown in Zero's breech design in the Homemades section of this site.

I'd not recommend no. 1 for its slow reload, but the other three are all good choices. Pictures and more thorough directions can be found by searching around the forums and on Google. You can PM me if you have any more questions.

#48376 Sm 500 Mod

Posted by Airsoft999 on 01 March 2005 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

I would recommend raping your darts in tape.

I'd rather not. Monkey's right- brass and stefans should get more range.