N-strike Mod

write-up

13 replies to this topic

#1 cerealkiller

cerealkiller

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:18 PM

Hey i know that there's topics about all the N-stike mods, but since i am a nub that just started a month ago, i was wondering if anybody could give me a full write-up with all the materials you need and lots of pics so i can mod the N-stike myself. thanks alot :D
Kids in the captian crunch Cereal comercial:
"NERFITIZE ME CAPTIAN!!!"

#2 okto

okto

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:16 AM

have you tried to mod it at all yet? try doing it yourself. that's where new ideas come from.

#3 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:38 AM

please dont mind him, he is new and hes already broken 3 guns (at3k and 2 splitfires).
so hes definately right in askin before he touches anyting.

thats the last time i let this genius touch any discontinued guns.

#4 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:54 AM

To roughly quote someone from
long ago (airApache?)
N-Strike set- $40.00
1 foot of K+S Brass- $2.28
Variable Speed Dremel w/ multiple options- $70.00
12 hours of my time as I compile pictures and text- Fucking Priceless
There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's studing the mods on the site until you understand the terms, and look at the descriptive writing of the mods. (thats how I modded my Dt3 Arrow Shooter) 90 ft. flat

Yeah- so read the mods. Understand nesting, couplers, breech loading, etc.

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:49 AM

You (very roughly) quote me and attribute it to... AirApache?!

What's the fucking nerf world coming to?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:36 PM

You (very roughly) quote me and attribute it to... AirApache?!

What's the fucking nerf world coming to?

Bananas of course.

Now, for this N-Strike modification. I hope you realize, CK, that the line consists of three unique blasters. It's not just one big blaster.

When modifying it, I'd wait for more people to have their write-ups availible for you to use. Or, you could be different and start your own modifications.

The bottom line is that there are no real write-ups as of yet to give you an idea as to what you should expect to be doing.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:50 PM

The bottom line is that there are no real write-ups as of yet to give you an idea as to what you should expect to be doing.

*ahem*

Ok anyways, there's a Hornet mod in this very forum at the moment, and probably a scout modification to be coming within the next week. There's a Titan mod up on NHQ I believe, but it's not too detailed... Anyways, just experiment on your own and find what works best! I took one look at my hornet, thought about how much it cost, and just went "Ah fuck it." Grabbed the dremel, and started cutting. It's alot more satisfying to make your own mod and make it work than to follow someone else's. I use other people's mods just so I know where NOT to cut/drill or something.

~ompa

#8 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:56 PM

Just look at other mods and other related guns to get n-strike set ( BlastFire, SM5k, NF ) and then mod them your self. 99% of the time its just a simple barrel mod and release valve plugging.

For barrels materials you can only use what fits your darts. So fidn foam back rod/caulk saver and make some darts then take one with you and test fit the different pipeing materials ( pvc, cpvc, brass etc. ).

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:46 PM

If you dont attempt to mae origional mods, your never going to get better. Who wouldnt rather contribute to the people than reap the fruits of their efforts?

I can understand being hesitant about it when you just blew $40 on 3 plastic guns, which you cant buy seperatly. The gun hasnt been out for awhile, and only several people have them right now. Before you ask for a new writeup, wait some time for everyone to get one, because chances are the few people who have them now didnt do the mod you wanted, or didnt even do a mod writeup, so your best bet is to wait. Until my neglcted sotres start stocking them damnit.

THIRST
ko

#10 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:58 PM

We'll have mods up for all three in the very near future.

And they'll be written just for you because you're so fucking special.

#11 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:53 PM

Eh, I'm too lazy to get 8 inch barrels for my hornet, so I'll stick with 6 inch- 70-80 feet is good for me. Anyways, Cx, are you putting up all your mods? Because if not, I'll try to get a Scout mod done by the end of the week as well...

~ompa

#12 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:14 PM

I'm putting up your Hornet mod. For the other two, it depends on who gives me an excellent mod first. If I finish mine before I see a really good one then I'll post my own.

#13 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:18 PM

Shit, that gives me a really short timeframe to finish my Scout then... MOD AWAY!!!! By the way, I'm gluing on the last barrels on my Hornet, so pics will be up by the end of the day... I had to re-use barrels from my AT2k because I wanted to finish it, and my ACE takes weeks to restock brass... Luckily, I have 5 inches of 9/16 brass after this to do my Scout.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 18 August 2004 - 05:21 PM.

#14 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:47 AM

as for people advising to throw all shit to the wind and go for modding and trying new ideas. please realize that the ppl who do this are GOOD with tools and know what their doing, or at least can accurately visuallize the results.
I'm still considered a noob but i can say with some confidence that i can out-peform any mother fucker with power tools. especially a Dremel (ive got precision comming outta my ass) so i can do the mods with just the decriptions, most of the time without any of your decriptions.

so advising ppl to try new ideas when they have not the slightest idea of the difference between a drill bit and a grinding stone, the difference between 2 part epoxy and and gorillia snot, and whom dont have the slightest clue of what you mean when you say, "you have to bore out the barrel so you can nest the new one" ... is just not very smart on your part.

ppl like CK are not suposed to be jumpin into the N-strike as their first mod.

although now i might trust him since he has, by my meticlous standards, repaired the 3 guns i mentioned in an earlier reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users