Vincent's Content

There have been 72 items by Vincent (Search limited from 29-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#268092 Arizona War

Posted by Vincent on 04 March 2010 - 11:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe? News to me. Too far of a drive for my tastes.

#268071 My Belt Blaster

Posted by Vincent on 04 March 2010 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Sweet. I always think of belt blasters as the most legitimate electric blaster.

Just to clarify, the Belt Blaster itself does not use electricity.

#268067 Snapbow Mk. V

Posted by Vincent on 04 March 2010 - 08:37 PM in Homemades

What I was suggesting is that they make PVC fittings design to fit on the inside so that you don't have to mess around with e-tape by buying the correct size parts. But I suppose they might be difficult to find or expensive.

That would work great, but I have never seen them, ever.

Here's one. Is this the type you meant?

#264987 Can You Attach A Firefly Clip To A Maverick

Posted by Vincent on 10 February 2010 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

Also keep in mind that the one turret rotates farther each shot than the other one. If you are going to replace all the internals of a maverick with a firefly, why keep the spring? Plus, I doubt the plunger tube would meet up correctly.

EDIT: alberty posted while I was writing.

#264254 Nb-1 Missle Blaster "modification"

Posted by Vincent on 03 February 2010 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

For the ranges you are getting, that barrel is way too long. Also, it would help to attach the barrel directly to the plunger tube. You might have to move some things around, but those should increase your ranges.

#263945 Magstrike Reassembly

Posted by Vincent on 31 January 2010 - 05:23 PM in Modifications

Submerge the internals in water and look for a trail of air bubbles coming out while you pump. There is your leak. Make sure to dry everything well, though.

#263166 Template Directory

Posted by Vincent on 25 January 2010 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

The file is set to grayscale. Try using this one instead.
Posted Image

#261031 Unknown Nerf Gun

Posted by Vincent on 06 January 2010 - 10:24 PM in General Nerf

I just went through all the possible ones on project nerf, it isn't listed. Do you think it's off-brand?

#261028 Unknown Nerf Gun

Posted by Vincent on 06 January 2010 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

Do both barrels fire, or only is only the top one functional?

#260626 Unknown Ancient Nerf Gun

Posted by Vincent on 03 January 2010 - 09:23 PM in General Nerf

It's the Switchfire 1996 edition.

#253306 Inline Clip Or Rscb

Posted by Vincent on 11 October 2009 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

Vincent, not true in most cases.

RSCB:
-more deadspace
-much less likely to shotgun darts
-won't protrude form the front of your gun a shit load
-will not work as well on low volume springers, too much deadspace
-work nicely with high volume springers

Inline:
-won't work with air guns except for those with low volumes (relative to air guns) in SOME cases. It'll just shotgun darts otherwise because air is moved so quickly.
-less deadspace
-work wonders on low volume springers
-will also work with higher volume springers, but RSCB's are more practical for these because of barrel length
-work with automatics because of their low volume and slower air release (than other air guns)

Moral of the story:
Automatics - Inline
Low Volume Springers - Inline
Most Air Guns - RSCB
High Volume Springers - RSCB / Inline

And about the signal launcher, an inline WILL not work. It will just shotgun the whole clip.

I was thinking of a different type of inline clip, I think. I have used some that have a dart and then another dart behind that and so on. I was referring to the one with four darts, then 4 behind that....

#253291 Hmmmm...

Posted by Vincent on 11 October 2009 - 07:50 PM in General Nerf

I wasn't able to find anything.

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7306

#253288 Inline Clip Or Rscb

Posted by Vincent on 11 October 2009 - 07:37 PM in General Nerf

Inline Clips:
The ranges are a bit lower because air has to fill up the entire space before even reaching the dart. It does jam less, however.

RSCB:
I have had problems with jamming and darts getting caught, but because air flows into the RSCB right next to the dart you get better ranges.

#244808 A Painting Question

Posted by Vincent on 30 July 2009 - 11:06 PM in General Nerf

Be sure that when you apply the clear coat, that it is a laquer clear coat (in the wood paints section) or game shop clear coats (used for sealing the paint on your figures). The Krylon "clear coat", even though it may say outdoor, will become tacky, sticky, and possibly wear off from hot, humid weather, or even you just holding it for a few minutes.

Also, a base coat of Krylon "primer" will make a nice surface for hand-painting. Sanding and vinyl dye will also work nicely.

One more thing- make sure the gun is clean when you paint it. You don't want to seal any debris to your blaster.

The sealer I'm using is for painting models, so that should work. Im using a plastic spray paint as a base coat because its all I have that adheres to plastic. It is quite clean, I just opened the box.

#244771 A Painting Question

Posted by Vincent on 30 July 2009 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

Ok, thanks. Its good to know I can do this. I think I'll start work on my Switchshot now.

#244764 A Painting Question

Posted by Vincent on 30 July 2009 - 07:47 PM in General Nerf

Well, I've only painted three guns before. They were all flat colors with spray paint. I've wanted to try painting some guns I had, and just had a quick question. Will acrylic paints work on plastic if I use a sealer on it afterwards? Thanks.

#243631 Guess The Amount.

Posted by Vincent on 24 July 2009 - 04:55 PM in Off Topic

37.78 CAD

#241684 The Fomebow - Extensive Bow And Arrow Makeover.

Posted by Vincent on 12 July 2009 - 11:36 PM in Modifications

I bought a BnA a while back and did some work to it. You said your seal was pretty good, but I would recommend putting something there to keep it that way. Also, I got about 80' ranges with a barrel that was way too tight for my darts and was 2' long. The back handle on mine is almost ready to come clean off, so I think a bit of reinforcement would help you out so that that doesnt happen. Nice bow, I'm glad to see someone uses one of these besides me.

#234819 The Deconstructor

Posted by Vincent on 07 June 2009 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

Add a stronger trigger spring. That will fix the problem if the problem is the extra weight.

#232897 Unusual Name Formats

Posted by Vincent on 27 May 2009 - 06:49 PM in Site Feedback

Italicized names are people who are currently responding. I believe it tells you what is special when you mouse over their name.

#231391 The Rogue "sereph"

Posted by Vincent on 19 May 2009 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

Quite nice, glad the tank I sold you got a good use. It might be easier to use, in my opinion, if you hooked up the firing pin to the priming handle of the lsfg.

#227187 Nerf War In Az?

Posted by Vincent on 29 April 2009 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Someone exists in Arizona! Banshee, bobbybilly60 and I all live in AZ, along with the members of the FAZCN (First Arizona Nerf Clan).

#226458 Ultrabright Led Integration

Posted by Vincent on 26 April 2009 - 11:27 PM in Modifications

Yes, but you give away your position. One of my friends did something similar to yours and we just shot at the light. He got hit within seconds. The other light gives away their positions without giving up yours.

Or they shoot listerine up there eye. B)

Cool modification anyway... nice use of dead space.

That was hilarious. I found the light useful in that it can be left on top of an obstacle and used to blind the other team. But if you have it on your person, it just gives you away. In terms of temporarily blinding the enemy, rigging a camera flash in the gun works well too, like a stronger firefly flash.

#226454 Big Bad Bow Problems

Posted by Vincent on 26 April 2009 - 11:16 PM in Modifications

I notice that one of the catches is missing. On the left? At the start of the video you can see it. I'm not sure that it matters, but you should probably have it in there for stability anyway. I'll crack open my BBB and see what could cause this when I get the chance.

#226396 Ultrabright Led Integration

Posted by Vincent on 26 April 2009 - 09:10 PM in Modifications

Yes, but you give away your position. One of my friends did something similar to yours and we just shot at the light. He got hit within seconds. The other light gives away their positions without giving up yours.

#226376 Ultrabright Led Integration

Posted by Vincent on 26 April 2009 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

My friend has an odd blacklightish thing he uses. It doesn't produce light but makes the color orange glow. Quite handy for seeing barrel tips, triggers and darts at night. It's actually quite practical.

#226263 Florida?

Posted by Vincent on 26 April 2009 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=16214&hl= A thread just like this was closed less than 2 hours ago. You can use the nerf war 2009 schedule to see if there are any wars planned. The pinned topic about planning wars can help you plan yours.

#226245 Question On Painting A Nerf Gun...

Posted by Vincent on 26 April 2009 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

Sand down the moving parts just a tad and then take it apart before painting. Make sure you only paint the shell, not the springs and such. And so long as you use the right technique, it won't be sticky.

#225981 To Double-post Or Not?

Posted by Vincent on 25 April 2009 - 10:54 PM in Off Topic

CoC says no. This seems extremely pointless. If you have something to say, edit your last post. If you do it on accident, we forgive you. Done.

#225722 Longshot Trouble

Posted by Vincent on 25 April 2009 - 12:02 PM in General Nerf

Hey, you just jacked my sig and put an LS joke into it! Nice anyway, though. This happened to mine before I modified it, too. THey were getting caught in the black piece that holds the darts in. Personally, I think the easiest thing to do would be to mod the gun to fire stefans. No problems with those.

#225210 Need Help With Modding A Tek 6

Posted by Vincent on 22 April 2009 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

Also, make surethat the seal where you joined the barrels to the turret are air tight. It may be the barrels' faults, as markers aren't good barrels, and the copper might not get a good seal. It could always just be a P.O.S. tek 6, too. I had one that got less than 5 feet stock, and since no modding of the firing mechanisms were done, you may have a really bad seal in the plunger, which would mean you need a better o-ring. A bit more information is necessary, including far it shot stock, the dimensions of the copper, and whether your marker barrel is ridged (I couldn't quite tell). Check the air coming out the barrel by holding your hand over it and dry firing. Now do the same with the turret removed. If there is a significant difference, you've got a bad seal either between the barrel and the turret or the turret and the plunger. If you do the same on a portion of the turret where there is no barrel, and it is about same amount of air as when fired without the turret, your barrels are leaking. If they are significantly different, it is a bad seal between the turret and the gun.

#225095 Titan Trigger Fix

Posted by Vincent on 22 April 2009 - 06:26 PM in Modifications

[img]http://www.freewebs.com/latomatinamtlaurel/photos/BillyNerftitan%20002.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.freewebs.com/latomatinamtlaurel/photos/BillyNerftitan%20004.jpg[/img]

#225094 The Cyclops

Posted by Vincent on 22 April 2009 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Nice mod. A good use for the laser area, and I like that you kept the ammo holders. Very few modifications do that. I do think the plunger rod may need to be reinforced though, because with higher pressures it might snap with the force required. I may be wrong, but just based on my use of the 2k and bbbb, that could happen. Nice, clean modification, though. I like it.

#224926 The Brass Snapper

Posted by Vincent on 21 April 2009 - 09:30 PM in Modifications

Great cosmetic work, just not sure it qualifies for its own thread. Still, the best gun I've ever seen that uses extra pieces to make it look better. Good little sidearm.

#224877 Halo Style Game At A Nerf War?

Posted by Vincent on 21 April 2009 - 08:08 PM in General Nerf

It would be hard to get everyone to follow the rules during a game like this. NOt so much because they are dishonest, but because it's pretty dang complex. A war with this would either have to be invite only to people who already knew the rules, or an open war where you spend a crapload of time explaining and demonstrating how to play. I've added some more complex rules, but they seem to disappear quite quickly if more than 1 or two new rules is put into place each war.

#224718 Maverick Troubles

Posted by Vincent on 21 April 2009 - 09:46 AM in Modifications

Does this mav take clips? Oh, no I guess not. Well then, I would take it back apart and make sure that you have the trigger hooked up properly. I have had some simliar problems with turret guns, and the most common problems were the trigger not being hooked back up correctly or the pieces of the turret being in the wrong place. Just to clarify: Does the turret rotate the same amount every time? Or does it not rotate as far as it should each time? Because those are separate problems.

#224711 Nerfers In Colorado?

Posted by Vincent on 21 April 2009 - 08:51 AM in General Nerf

This whole area is pretty barren. I believe AZ (where I am) only has three.

#224095 Streamlines + 9/16 Brass Breach

Posted by Vincent on 16 April 2009 - 10:51 PM in General Nerf

It's possible that they're loose, but it seems like a pretty good fit. In any case, it doesn't seem like that alone would explain the extremely erratic behavior of the darts - the spread of ranges is too big. Besides, my stefans have a smaller diameter than stock darts, and they work just fine.

It could explain the behavior, because the darts could have slightly different fits, which can make a big difference sometimes, especially if you have a longer barrel on it. As for the stefans, perhaps the head is bigger than the foam, which could create a nice seal. This could be it if the stefans aren't made well. However, I would recommend 17/32 brass, which is what I use. It seems to work quite well with most darts.

#224054 +pistol, By Splitlip

Posted by Vincent on 16 April 2009 - 08:39 PM in Homemades

I don't expect the average modder to be able to put the hours of tweaking in that it took to get this to where it is, so I have no intention to post a writeup. If someone on here was capable of making this, they wouldn't need one anyway.

Seriously people, it's the first paragraph. And if you want to make one, at least read a paragraph about it first.

#224032 The Foam Shot

Posted by Vincent on 16 April 2009 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

Nice job, might as well post because you keep saying its sad on how many post I have. Oh and I got a spring that I can give to you later... for a price.

Ok, but it has to be thinner than a mav spring. It's a pretty small plunger tube. I was working on the gun a bit more, and found that the air volume is so low, it's pretty difficult to add any more range I got via that. I think a brass barrel and stefans would make it better, but I can't think of much else. By the way, if you do buy one, just to be on the safe side, get a blue one. I managed to cut the blue one as I needed to, but the yellow one cracked. I put on blue tape, so it matches, and cut off the whole ammo holder/trigger guard area. I recommend it, as it is much easier to hold now, and the ammo holders don't actually hold nerf darts. If you go to Walgreen's, I wouldn't get the jet or foam missile launcher. Niether is very useful. The Missile launcher is actually worse quality even though it costs 4 bucks, and is essentially the same thing with a different barrel and a slightly stronger spring. The jet launcher has no dart shooting capacity, although it is fun with the jet.

EDIT: Post 42! Thanks for all the fish!

Pretty lengthy responce...
Thin as in width of the spring I assume and I have another spring that is small but strong.

Oh and I said nothing about buying the gun. ^_^

I know, I was just talking to the general public there.