Photo

Longshot Trouble

7 replies to this topic

#1 Falcon 702

Falcon 702

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

My Longshot is completely stock except for the fact that the jam door was removed. Yet half the time i use it, it sends darts about 10 feet spinning and/or in a strange direction. I have noticed the foam near the tip of my streamlined darts is getting eaten away. Does anyone have any advice? I have never heard of this happening before.

Edited by Falcon 702, 25 April 2009 - 12:51 AM.

#2 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:54 AM

That's what Longshots do. They jam.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#3 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:55 AM

It might be your streamlines. The small holes in the tips often cause fishtailing. Not much you can do but take the AR's out and use stefans or fill the dome with hotglue or BBs.

Or, you could just cut the tips off the darts, making them flat-tipped.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#4 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

It sounds like your darts are catching on something. Check your barrel to see if there is any extra plastic sticking out because one of my guns had that problem.

#5 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:56 AM

My Longshot is completely stock except for the fact that the jam door was removed. Yet half the time i use it, it sends darts about 10 feet spinning and/or in a strange direction. I have noticed the foam near the tip of my streamlined darts is getting eaten away. Does anyone have any advice? I have never heard of this happening before.

Streamlines are like that, always go in random directions. I assume that the back of the dart is being eaten away:

Check your barrel to see if there is any extra plastic sticking out because one of my guns had that problem.

Turn it upside down, cock it and only put it halfway forwards again, look through where the magazine goes at the orange barrel part and check if it has any weird nubby things (my LS did), sand them off.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#6 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

If Longshots were toasters, theey would jam the bread for you.
Thats it. I know that'll be added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole

#7 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Hey, you just jacked my sig and put an LS joke into it! Nice anyway, though. This happened to mine before I modified it, too. THey were getting caught in the black piece that holds the darts in. Personally, I think the easiest thing to do would be to mod the gun to fire stefans. No problems with those.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 14 2009, 07:50 PM) View Post

Heresy. Nothing beats pink flamingos.

#8 Falcon 702

Falcon 702

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

Thank you for all the input! I'm sure they all are a factor in the guns performance, especially the black piece that nudges the dart farther into the bolt. I'll just modify it, maybe Angel breech. Thanks again!

Edited by Falcon 702, 25 April 2009 - 03:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users