UpperHand's Content

There have been 149 items by UpperHand (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#191006 Over-hand Cocking Mechanism

Posted by UpperHand on 20 November 2008 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

I'm a little confused. What is this supposed to do? Is it purely cosmetic?

#190930 Is A Realistic loser Rifle Possible?

Posted by UpperHand on 20 November 2008 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

Of course with the above improvements and maybe a little cosmetics (camo, gillie, real scope, laser aiming etc.) this could a major breakthrough for nerf losing. (in my opinion)

Thanks,
Nerfchild

Wait, really? Ummm, a real scope? Do you know how much nerf darts drop in flight? A scope would simply make it accurate for 1 distance. If you are a shitty shooter and want an aiming system, use Carrtoons ladder sight: http://nerfhaven.com...hl=Ladder Sight. I sincerely hope that helps.

#190536 Brass Barrel Replacement

Posted by UpperHand on 18 November 2008 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

9/16" is loose in schedule 40, I don't know about schedule 80 though.

#190447 Call Of Duty 5: World At War

Posted by UpperHand on 18 November 2008 - 07:46 AM in Off Topic

Its actually just Call of Duty: World At War

It is NOT call of duty 5.

Activision does not own the rights to make the number titled COD games. Infinity Ward does.

This game is a straight up COD4 with a WWII skin. The open online demo was fun for a while, but tanks are pretty dumb, and basically its the same thing. Not that this is bad, but I just don't think it is original at all. I must say the flamethrowers and dogs are pretty cool though.

I'd agree with most of what he said here. The perks are pretty much the same, which is stupid. It isn't entirely 4 wih a WWII makeover, because all of the weapons are different, which makes a huge difference. In COD 4 it was like "hmm, should I get this machine gun or this machine gun?" There wasn't a whole lot of variety out there. Plus losing sucked. But in world at war theres rifles, losers, machine guns, etc. and there's actually variety. Plus the maps are different.

#190101 Stupid Freking Screw

Posted by UpperHand on 16 November 2008 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

Forsaken Angel said a while back that if you pour a little lighter fluid on it then it will eat away at the plastic around the screw. The entire article is here: http://nerfhaven.com...stripped screws
Hope that helps.

#190091 Homemade Help

Posted by UpperHand on 16 November 2008 - 06:31 PM in Homemades

For taggers you wouldn't use PVC, but 1/2" CPVC. 1/2" PVC has a much larger inner diameter. As for a coupler, it slips over the size pipe it's labeled as. For example, a 1" coupler would go over 1" PVC.

#190054 Catapult

Posted by UpperHand on 16 November 2008 - 04:14 PM in Off Topic

The one problem I see with the basketball nets is the forward motion to launch the ball. When you release, the forward motion could rip the snowball apart.

I feel that a canvas pouch would be more useful. In fact, a 3-man slingshot meant for propelling water balloons would work great. Here is the link to order one:

3-Man Slingshot

The range on the one listed above is even longer than your homemade design. They even have multiple options for range if you search the site. Simply buy one of these, hook it up to your rig and there you go. I do feel though that a snowball fried from that distance could be very dangerous. Getting hit by that thing could cause some really serious injuries, especially if you get a headshot.

I suppose that could work. I could also just line the inside of the nets with some fabric or something. I got the idea from this site: http://www.siege-eng...ndPouches.shtml
Also, I would plan to launch things bigger than snowballs, for a fort "wall breaking effect." The canvas couldn't launch anything that big. I might line the inside of the basketball hoop with some canvas from an old army tent as they did on the website or something. They launch pumpkins so they don' have to worry about the projectile breaking apart :P . Thanks for the ideas so far everyone.
Any new ideas are certainly welcome!!

#190051 Catapult

Posted by UpperHand on 16 November 2008 - 03:45 PM in Off Topic

Leather.

This is what I was thinking initally, but after doing some "research" online, I am thinking of buying 2 basketball nets and weaving them together. The elastic could then pull on multiple cords, not just one area.

#190038 Catapult

Posted by UpperHand on 16 November 2008 - 02:51 PM in Off Topic

I put it in off topic because I have no intention of hurling nerf grenades. The chance of you actually hitting someone with said grenade would be minimal. Besides, they would be so impractical at ANY war because you are never that far away from the target.

#190036 Catapult

Posted by UpperHand on 16 November 2008 - 02:45 PM in Off Topic

I just recently finished a beast of a snowball catapult. It's 8 feet tall by 8 feet long and goes about 200 yards (with a baseball). It uses surgical tubing for the power, and has steel and rubber wheels mounted into the base for help with easy mobility. I had a question about the pouch, or what actually holds the snowballs. I tried jeans at first but over a week of firing they tore. I need a good material for the pouch that will stand up to a cold, wet, New England winter, but won't tear with the high tension of the tubing. Any ideas? Help would be appreciated, and I'll post pictures of the monster below:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#189950 A Teaser

Posted by UpperHand on 16 November 2008 - 08:57 AM in Homemades

Rork you bastard. Right as I'm finishing a rifle that looks just like this, you come and post this up! Nice work though. Looks really clean. The system that you prime it with looks really nice.

#189948 Glue Gun Clogging...

Posted by UpperHand on 16 November 2008 - 08:54 AM in General Nerf

Sometimes they break if you leave them on for too long. This has happened to me (I'm an idiot) twice. This could've been the problem.

#189557 Bungee Cords On A Nitefinder

Posted by UpperHand on 13 November 2008 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

Yeah, the second one works better. But 8 bucks for shipping? Just go to an REI near you or an outdoor store, I'm sure they'll have it there.

#189037 Buzzbee Big Blast Trigger Repair?

Posted by UpperHand on 11 November 2008 - 01:55 PM in Modifications

http://nerfhaven.com...broken plastics

#187258 Modding Materials

Posted by UpperHand on 03 November 2008 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

By the time it takes you to tell the haven that you want a gun with less screws than the nightfire you could have basically removed "ALL" of the screws.

#186870 Omfgz!... Nerf Clothes!?!?

Posted by UpperHand on 01 November 2008 - 05:31 PM in General Nerf

If you want nerf related clothes just buy the nerfhaven shirt! (If they're still available.)
-Upperhand

#186563 Big Bad Bow

Posted by UpperHand on 30 October 2008 - 08:43 PM in Modifications

BBBs have a problem with plunger heads breaking, here is a fix.

This could be, but I kind of doubt it because I can't hear anything rattling around inside and it hasn't lost so much power to the point it can't shoot. It just lost a reasonable amount (20-30 feet).

#186545 Big Bad Bow

Posted by UpperHand on 30 October 2008 - 08:10 PM in Modifications

I did a mod to my big bad bow a while ago, the big bad sexy mod. It worked great for a while, but recently has lost a lot of power. It doesn't shoot nearly as hard as it used to, and the gust of air coming out isn't as much as it used to be. To answer the first couple of questions straight up: No I didn't lube the plunger with anything, and I didn't stretch out the spring. Any ideas? Thanks in advance,

-Upperhand

#186542 Practicality Of Paper Products In Nerf

Posted by UpperHand on 30 October 2008 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

You forgot one:

Nerfing

Good idea and a replacement.

-Lynx

I dunno if this is what you were trying to say, but this would be a good last minute back up at a war. A great quick fix or something.

#186523 Practicality Of Paper Products In Nerf

Posted by UpperHand on 30 October 2008 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

You'd need to find a way to protect the paper (better than you did for the titan). A good thing about the paper barrels is that you could get a perfect fit on your darts.
Pros:
• Lightweight
• Affordable
• "custom" fit for your darts
Cons:
• If it gets wet...
• Crumpled
• Putting in the darts at the top might scrunch the paper
• Not breech capable

I'd find a better way of reinforcing it. Nice idea though.
-Upperhand

#186323 Possible Mod To A Marshmallow Gun

Posted by UpperHand on 29 October 2008 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

Looks like its got potential, plus it looks like it would look cool with a proper paint job. B)

-Upperhand

#186238 Ebay Failure

Posted by UpperHand on 29 October 2008 - 12:52 PM in General Nerf

I saw that gun as well, and I really liked the paintjob. Its a nice change from the usual, "I wanna be badass and paint my guns forest camo so I blend in, BITCH!" I'd also lower the buy it now price, 30 bucks is a little pricey. If not, just throw it up on ebay again and it'll probably get sold. Nice work.

#186235 New Rapid Fire 20

Posted by UpperHand on 29 October 2008 - 12:39 PM in General Nerf

Has the price gone down from the ones they are selling online? At Toys R Us? They are priced at about 50-60 bucks, which is kind of ridiculous.

-Upperhand

#185905 Trifinder

Posted by UpperHand on 27 October 2008 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

Thats dope. I would advise trying to get a tad more power out of it though, or else it's a little too similar to the maverick. Easily one of my favorite NF mods, other than a NF rifle on here a few weeks ago.

#184671 Big Bad Bow Cocking Problems

Posted by UpperHand on 20 October 2008 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

On the side of the purple tube (if I remember correctly) are 2 orange "catch" pieces. They could either be broken or have the spring missing so that they dont catch. Or they are just broken. It sounds like they might be just broken because I accidentally took out the springs and it caught very weakly, and would fire if bumped.

-Upperhand

#184138 Maverick Help

Posted by UpperHand on 16 October 2008 - 05:01 PM in Modifications

What the fuck, you just asked this! I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say your computer glitched out.
EDIT-Not you bogboogalars

#184120 Nightfinder W/ Magazine

Posted by UpperHand on 16 October 2008 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

I love it, I always have loved successful breeches and magazines. Nice work.

EDIT- What did you make the magazine of?

#183796 L+l

Posted by UpperHand on 14 October 2008 - 08:19 PM in Homemades

Very nice, one of the better looking pistols I have ever seen, up there with Cartoons pistol. Looks comfortable as well.

#183776 Super Soaker Cps 1000 Mod Help

Posted by UpperHand on 14 October 2008 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

You probably already know this, but CPS stands for constant pressure system, allowing the water to be shot out in a stream. If you hook up a bigger bladder you might be able to get semi auto design.

#183714 Dyeing Fbr

Posted by UpperHand on 14 October 2008 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

Well, you wouldn't want white or black, just go to your local hardware store, I guarantee they'll have some warning neon spray paint. Orange will work well.

#183088 Nerf Gun Science Projects

Posted by UpperHand on 11 October 2008 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

Super-geek,
If you really are a super-geek then doesn't this line seem a little contradictory?
"Its called being a fucking retard and getting left back lol...anyway got any idea?"
Anyways, a Snap is pretty easy to make, and with all of the concepts, such as dead space, friction in the barrel,
draw length, I'm sure you could come up with a science project. Hell, if you are really a super geek you could post the amount of power a springer gets in relation to its draw length and spring strength, and post it up here. :P .

-Upperhand

#183086 Tsunami Scattergun

Posted by UpperHand on 11 October 2008 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

Cool, I always liked uber powerful guns (Titan, Big blast, ect) gone shotgun. I'd say to give it a sweet paintjob and it might look a little cooler though.

#182000 Hasbrotoyshop 20% Off And Free Shipping

Posted by UpperHand on 06 October 2008 - 04:35 PM in General Nerf

Wish you'd said this a week sooner, I just bought something from there.

#181077 Ls Front Gun Improvement?

Posted by UpperHand on 02 October 2008 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

You could add a new barrel, definitely. I wouldn't reccomend stretching out the spring, It will just make it last not as long. You could just buy a more powerful one and put it in. Also make the seal better by putting in some extra O-rings. For the spring I'd go here:
http://www.mcmaster.com/
The nice thing about Mcmaster is the shipping is actually pretty cheap (compared to Ebay).
-Upperhand

#181058 New Toy Lenard Bbb+ Tek10 Integration

Posted by UpperHand on 02 October 2008 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

Incredible. I have never seen this ever before but it is awesome!! Now for the painjob I suggest actually sticking with the LBB's paintjob and just doing that on the Tek 10. Incredible modification. It fits perfectly. Good job.

You are a Very Positive Person.

Haha, really! Nice mod. How do you fire the Tek 10?

#180916 Bbb Or Vulcan?

Posted by UpperHand on 01 October 2008 - 08:48 PM in General Nerf

I think the vulcan is a pretty sweet gun unmodded, but first: unless you are willing to do a real overhaul, it isn't worth modifying, Second, the 50 round chain mod makes the vulcan jam a ton unless you mod the motor as well, and third, a BBB is about 20 bucks cheaper... so...

#179703 The Access Bow

Posted by UpperHand on 26 September 2008 - 07:49 AM in Modifications

I think it looks sick with out anything on the rail. It's like an oversized pistol. How bad ass would it be if you had one in each hand! HELL YEAH!

#179206 Should I Host An Ma War?

Posted by UpperHand on 23 September 2008 - 08:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I live outside Boston, depending when (if its on the weekends or not) I might be able to come.

#178807 Snapbow = Superblaster

Posted by UpperHand on 22 September 2008 - 02:49 PM in General Nerf

One suggestion I have, other than stop bitching about the price, is for Rork. Revise it! I know Carbon revised the SNAP a ton before he decided to sell it. The SNAPbow has amazing performance but there are definitely some ways you could revise it to make it cheaper and easier to build.

I second that. The creation is amazing from what I hear, but there are ways you could make it better, smaller, cheaper, ect. Carbon also has made many different kinds of snaps, but I suppose that this is out of the question because it is supposed to be a blend of the snap and the plus-bow.

#178806 Nerfhq Is Down.. Again

Posted by UpperHand on 22 September 2008 - 02:45 PM in Off Topic

That site is pretty much the same thing as nerfhaven, but not as good. Pretty much anything you can find there you can find here. (Not saying you think it is better)

-Upperhand