Photo

Modding Materials

12 replies to this topic

#1 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

Hi guys. I was just wondering, which nerf gun is the easiest to mod and customize? Well, other than that I have never modded a gun before and I want to know where I can get them. Well, the guns that i have and can mod are the LS, BBB, Maverick, and the Sharpshooter II.
Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
VindictivePancake~ "i've seen hot 10 year olds" - T2heavy
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#2 bamblack2000

bamblack2000

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:31 PM

Buy a nitefinder and start from there. If you start too hard you will never get it. Work your way up. Start with simple air restritor removals and change to barrel replacements. Add in some springs and you will get better ranges

#3 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

I'll consider that, but originally I wanted to start with a strikefire since it doesn't have all those wires and screws holding down the barrel.
Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#4 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

The wires really don't get in the way at all. Besides what screws holding down the barrel are you talking about? There are 2 little ones holding in the plunger but if that is a deal breaker for you then you probably should not mod.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#5 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

There are 2 little ones holding in the plunger but if that is a deal breaker for you then you probably should not mod.

Those screws aren't a big deal for me, I just don't want to mod a gun that wastes time on screws.
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:48 PM

This thread is strike 2 for you nrg.
I hate you.

#7 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:16 PM

By the time it takes you to tell the haven that you want a gun with less screws than the nightfire you could have basically removed "ALL" of the screws.
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#8 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

Just get a damn nitefinder. They're 6 DOLLARS for crying out loud. If you somehow manage to fuck up unscrewing the gun, just buy another.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#9 s3an967

s3an967

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:48 PM

I agree with you Norther-Of-Haven they are cheap
Watch this- I can tip-toe while you take a piss.

#10 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:21 PM

Those screws aren't a big deal for me, I just don't want to mod a gun that wastes time on screws.

Congrats you just made my sig. ...EDIT-damnit Sptlip beat me to it.

Dude seriously this is a modding forum. modding requires at its most basic taking some screws out of a gun. Thats generally ALWAYS going to be step 1. Get over it.

Heres an idea for you. Since we don't know what level of lazyness you are working with, you should just sift thru the modifications directory and see what mods work for you and the level of effort you are willing to put forth.

Tho I fear even that would require a small amount effort on your part. But I will make the first step easy for ya.

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150

Edited by Blacksunshine, 03 November 2008 - 07:37 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#11 Eclipse

Eclipse

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

I agree that a Nite Finder is a good idea. If that doesn't work, you can always try a Mav. But if you don't want to deal with screws, then you shouldn't be modding nerf at all.

P.S. How much do you want for the SSII or the BBB?

Edited by Eclipse, 03 November 2008 - 08:36 PM.

#12 nook

nook

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

Mod your BBB by adding PVC coupler at the front, you Won't even have to do anything with screws.

Edited by nook, 03 November 2008 - 08:44 PM.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

If the gun is innaccurate, make a longer barrel.
If the bullet doesn't come out of the barrel, get a new gun.

#13 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

Mod your BBB by adding PVC coupler at the front, you Won't even have to do anything with screws.

All I know for that is to cut the front off. After that, I have no idea of what to do next.

Eclipse:Actually I won't be selling any of my guns because the SSII is my farthest ranged gun(about 50 ft flat) and I am planning to paint and mod my BBB.
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users