Big Bad Bow Cocking Problems

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_evan24221_*

Guest_evan24221_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

I have always loved my bbb, but recently I have had to hold it back until I fire it, otherwise, it will just resume uncocked position. Please tell me if you've got any ideas, I opened it up and took a look around, but couldn't find anything wrong. So if you've got any ideas, tell met. Thanks.

#2 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

It sounds to me like your catch has broken, or the spring isn't strong enough. Have you replaced the spring at all?

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#3 Guest_fadinglight4_*

Guest_fadinglight4_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

I think if you have used it a lot the cache is wrecked. And I also think this is not that bad. Now it is like a real bow. And as long as it still shoots like normal then this is not that big of a problem.

#4 Guest_evan24221_*

Guest_evan24221_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

thanks, I haven't been up with the nerf stuff for about a year, except for the occasional firing of my favorite guns. What does the catch look like? where is it is it the orange thing that is attached to the trigger that allows the plunger to fly foreward when cocked? thanks

-Evan-

#5 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

On the side of the purple tube (if I remember correctly) are 2 orange "catch" pieces. They could either be broken or have the spring missing so that they dont catch. Or they are just broken. It sounds like they might be just broken because I accidentally took out the springs and it caught very weakly, and would fire if bumped.

-Upperhand
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#6 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

I have always loved my bbb, but recently I have had to hold it back until I fire it, otherwise, it will just resume uncocked position. Please tell me if you've got any ideas, I opened it up and took a look around, but couldn't find anything wrong. So if you've got any ideas, tell met. Thanks.

I lost my spring to the catch, so I just hold the orange catches down and prime it like a shotgun.

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 20 October 2008 - 07:17 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#7 Guest_evan24221_*

Guest_evan24221_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

Thank you all, I took them out (stupid me) because they seemed pointless and annoyed me for some reason. luckily, after a half of a year, i didnt lose them

#8 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

Yep, you must have those orange pieces on either side of the gun in place, and with their springs for it to function right. I made the exact same mistake you made a while ago. It was a while before I figured out that those seemingly useless orange nubs were important!
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#9 Guest_evan24221_*

Guest_evan24221_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

crap, i lost one of em', will it work with just one? if not, what do you think I could use instead ( like make something)? thanks

-Evan-

#10 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

Try it and tell us how it worked, with proper grammar this time, per the Code of Conduct (top left).
Teehee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users