Possible Mod To A Marshmallow Gun

15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rixon_*

Guest_Rixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hi all, Rixon here. Dumpster and I have been planning to mod a old marshmallow with a tribarrel breach. It has a air tank about 6 inches long, and a inch circumference. the opv opens at about 30+ pumps. It has a sticking trigger pin at the moment, but that can be fixed. There is a small removable plastic barrel with a breach that seems to be the size of a large marshmallow, and it is rifling. Dumpster and I just though about taking a quad barrel out of a 2k and putting it on, any ideas on how we should hold or mold it into place?

Does anybody have suggestions on what to do?

#2 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

Nice to see you are validated. I would use epoxy putty. This stuff dries like steel, as I believe dumpster knows. Do not use it if it is holding the two halves of the gun together, it will be un openable. Also, cut as much of the stock barrel off before you glue/putty the turret in, because the closer your turret is to the air source, the better the ranges. I would also replace the pump with a more efficient one (I love RF20 pumps) because 30 pumps is insane, and impractical at a war, as you probably saw at HbH.
Hope this helps, welcome to NH.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#3 Guest_Rixon_*

Guest_Rixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Nice to see you are validated. I would use epoxy putty. This stuff dries like steel, as I believe dumpster knows. Do not use it if it is holding the two halves of the gun together, it will be un openable. Also, cut as much of the stock barrel off before you glue/putty the turret in, because the closer your turret is to the air source, the better the ranges. I would also replace the pump with a more efficient one (I love RF20 pumps) because 30 pumps is insane, and impractical at a war, as you probably saw at HbH.
Hope this helps, welcome to NH.

Alright thanks, We wont use the plastic breach. And Thank you whoever validated me, Or asked for me to be validated.

Here are photo's of the gun.
Posted Image
Barrel off and air tank out.
Posted Image
Air tank.
Posted Image
Body with out barrel and air tank.
Posted Image
Barrel.
Posted Image
Gun with barrel and air tank.

Edited by Rixon, 29 October 2008 - 05:35 PM.

#4 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

That's why I told you to bring it over to my place, Steve.

I have everything we need to turn this into a raping beast!
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#5 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

Looks like its got potential, plus it looks like it would look cool with a proper paint job. B)

-Upperhand
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#6 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

I modded a marshmallow gun simmilar, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#7 futureseal

futureseal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

I believe g-force posted a mod about this. I've shot it, and its pretty good, but there are lots of obvious improvements that can still be made.

Linkage
~~GamesRadar~~
Those of you who’ve never known the pain of hamster loss, just remember, your family doesn’t love you and there is no God.

LIVE Gamertag: CitrusyLimeO9. Its the letter o.

#8 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:34 AM

I believe g-force posted a mod about this. I've shot it, and its pretty good, but there are lots of obvious improvements that can still be made.

Linkage

The barrel on that thing is WAY too short to be used for the air output of this beast. I'm talking three 1' barrels to make it a shotgun. I have to order more PETG, but I'll get right to work on it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#9 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

Linkage

The barrel on that thing is WAY too short to be used for the air output of this beast. I'm talking three 1' barrels to make it a shotgun. I have to order more PETG, but I'll get right to work on it.

I have a better idea. I will just do a mod similar to my 2k'd sgsl
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#10 Guest_Rixon_*

Guest_Rixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:46 PM

Linkage

Cool idea but this topic is somewhat old, So just PM me.

#11 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:57 PM

Linkage

Cool idea but this topic is somewhat old, So just PM me.

It's only 13 days old! And don't backseat moderate if your not much older than that post.

Chubbs

#12 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:06 PM

It's only 13 days old! And don't backseat moderate if your not much older than that post.

At least he goes to wars.

Besides, he wasn't posting about turning a Vulcan into a useless Model Magic alligator. We actually have a GOOD mod for this.

I still don't approve of the fact that he posted a concept thread. I told him it was a bad idea. If you want to argue further, PM me.

#13 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

Besides, he wasn't posting about turning a Vulcan into a useless Model Magic alligator. We actually have a GOOD mod for this.

I still don't approve of the fact that he posted a concept thread. I told him it was a bad idea. If you want to argue further, PM me.

Shutup. It's exactly the same as my mod but with a longer barrel. I was short on cpvc.

Chubbs

#14 Guest_Rixon_*

Guest_Rixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:29 AM

Shutup. It's exactly the same as my mod but with a longer barrel. I was short on cpvc.

Don't pick a fight G-force. This thread was to get suggestions for dumpster and I, not you to act like a dick to us.

#15 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

Steve, you don't understand. Concept threads are looked down upon here. I told you I could handle it, but you didn't listen. I'll mod it myself.

PS. G-Force, you're an idiot. What part of "PM me" did you not understand?

Could someone please close this thread? G-Force is a waste of my time and I don't think anyone wants to see this on front page anymore.

Edited by deaddumpster, 27 November 2008 - 11:27 AM.

#16 Guest_Rixon_*

Guest_Rixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:35 PM

Steve, you don't understand. Concept threads are looked down upon here. I told you I could handle it, but you didn't listen. I'll mod it myself.

PS. G-Force, you're an idiot. What part of "PM me" did you not understand?

Could someone please close this thread? G-Force is a waste of my time and I don't think anyone wants to see this on front page anymore.

Agreed, I would like this locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users