Viper's Content

There have been 471 items by Viper (Search limited from 16-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#48667 New Here

Posted by Viper on 04 March 2005 - 02:41 PM in Off Topic

I've found spiral porting to be at least marginally effective. On ballistas making the ballista spin adds a great deal to the accuracy.

#48911 Check Out A Few Of My Co2 Guns

Posted by Viper on 06 March 2005 - 06:53 PM in Homemades

go to "co2 guns" I have one up for auction on ebay that ends in less than 24 hours.

#46409 20 Shot Powerclip Idea

Posted by Viper on 23 January 2005 - 12:36 AM in Modifications

I was wondering about that, I suppose the seal is stronger than I thought. Well thanks guys.

#46399 20 Shot Powerclip Idea

Posted by Viper on 22 January 2005 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

Many of you familiar with the powerclip know that half the air is wasted on each shot. Why not merely drill a hole for air to come out the other hole and use PETG as the barrel material? Thirst, no air would be taken from the other barrel, at least I don't think since it has those 2 holes at the end and only 1 lines up with the barrel ata time.

#45472 What Is A Chronograph

Posted by Viper on 05 January 2005 - 02:29 PM in General Nerf

They make some you can shoot through to see what the velocity is when the projectile exits the barrel. So basically a paintball velocity tester is a chronograph, but not the other way around.

#48928 Check Out A Few Of My Co2 Guns

Posted by Viper on 06 March 2005 - 10:26 PM in Homemades

Ya I was going to do that eventually, but I didn't ahve enough time to reduce file sizes. or images. I had it done for the first gun.

#38989 Broken Guns Need Help!

Posted by Viper on 14 October 2004 - 10:34 PM in Modifications

So your plunger's ripped? That's pretty common when you mod it. I'd recomend something with greater elasticity like silicone or masking tape on the back of it. Happened to mine too.

#62668 Thoughts On The New Xm8 Assault Rifle?

Posted by Viper on 28 August 2005 - 05:26 PM in Off Topic

The XM8 appears to be a great rifle in its ability to be quickly converted to just about any type of weapon. The recoil shouldn't be bad and the weapon itself is quite light. They do say that it's ability to fire high volumes of rounds is unproven and that the saw does well in that area. The barrels can be removed quickly as just about any other part of the weapon can from its modular design.

Through all these neat features still lies a clone of a G36, basically the design itself is no engineering marvel from the respect that there is still a firing pin and it is still gas operated. I read on NHQ from boltsniper stating that the AR has better accuracy because of its gas piston? I just want to hear people's thoughts on the possible switch.

#61960 Lubricant

Posted by Viper on 15 August 2005 - 12:33 AM in Homemades

Use airsoft silicone lubricant. Most other types come with acetone and some other material that eats rubber and plastic.

#62676 Thoughts On The New Xm8 Assault Rifle?

Posted by Viper on 28 August 2005 - 06:55 PM in Off Topic

The rifle itself is deisgned by HKUSA. Its still foreign, but I wouldn't think we'd risk our nations sovereinty by choosing the XM8 the M4. Isn't this system supposed to be easier to maintain vs. the M4? I suppose the M4 already has these capabilites considering that we have commando,loser, and support variations of the M4. Now what would you think of the military switching to .308 for their main rifles vs the .223 Remington? I read the reasoning for such a hot, flat shooting caliber but with the M4 a three shot burst/semi rifle only, do we still need that ability to carry more .223 than .308?

#46411 Need For Nerf Publishing Forum

Posted by Viper on 23 January 2005 - 12:44 AM in General Nerf

I meant something similiar to your idea cxwq, so as to avoid redundancy the same mod over and over and avoid those little pseudoscience nuances like liquitron gauge mod, or the rifling mod. nerfevolved is just kinda dead, submitting content would not be dissamiliar to leaving a corpse a $500 bill and rose. :)

#68170 Good Platform For Cluster Pc's?

Posted by Viper on 23 November 2005 - 09:09 PM in Off Topic

What is a computer deal right now or server deal for like 5-10 pc's for folding@home? Of course I'd love to get a quad core G5 or an intel itanium computer, but I want the best bang fro the buck.

#46402 Need For Nerf Publishing Forum

Posted by Viper on 22 January 2005 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

I know it seems to take forever to get a few mods up and the same with basic reviews etc. Why doesn't nerfhaven just use stickies or some sort of decentralized publishing to take care of this? There are a ton of great "satellite" nerf sites that all seem to have interesting "bits" but its annoying to have to try 1 nerf site for an RF20 turret mod, then another for an rf20 spring mod etc.

#60188 Homemade Vortex Rings

Posted by Viper on 25 July 2005 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

The reason the vortex ring gets so much distance is because of the bournelli effect where the air is moving faster over the outside of the ring than the inside. That effect mightbe hard to achieve and make it stable and even.

#44016 How Exactly Are Zero Darts Effective

Posted by Viper on 14 December 2004 - 03:42 PM in Homemades

Thank you for clearing that up. Actually, the onlyu place I can get .5 nominals is online, none of the local stores sell it. I suppose that they also work well in a porting configuration in which the bottom of the barrel fits much tighter than the top.

#57049 Found Some Old Nerf Style Guns

Posted by Viper on 09 June 2005 - 01:49 PM in General Nerf

XXL bazooka is what I think you're talking about. Get it and sell it for $30+ on ebay.

#52693 New Double Shot Mod!

Posted by Viper on 17 April 2005 - 03:24 PM in Modifications

Next time try to post pics and give a less tangential description. The admins on this site really hate when you forget to use capitalization and proper punctuation. Interesting though.

#49613 Cheap Brass

Posted by Viper on 14 March 2005 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

I'd be interested.

#59850 Larami

Posted by Viper on 21 July 2005 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

Is it a pistol(sm500) or a rifle(SM5000). There were 2 small soldiers guns and both are pretty rare, especially the SM500.

#57649 History Behind Nerf Design

Posted by Viper on 16 June 2005 - 05:14 PM in General Nerf

Not that it matters, but we already discussed this awhile back. Interesting reminder and if you want to you can check out his unreleased designs via freepatentsonline, I have all the patent numbers listed on "my other site"

#43922 How Exactly Are Zero Darts Effective

Posted by Viper on 13 December 2004 - 07:04 AM in Homemades

That's what I was reading,so I guess its more for those who don't have brass or materials w/ .51-.57 nominals to work with.

#38653 Look At How Big Nerf Is!

Posted by Viper on 09 October 2004 - 09:35 AM in General Nerf

i should email them about nerfcenter.com. C'mon pc max range 25ft?

#38501 Look At How Big Nerf Is!

Posted by Viper on 06 October 2004 - 11:39 PM in General Nerf

The ranges are a little off too. U guys should check out the site by the leftist pacifist lionlamb clones talking of how violent these toys are.

#38498 Look At How Big Nerf Is!

Posted by Viper on 06 October 2004 - 11:28 PM in General Nerf

nerf officeweirdo hippie

#39961 Nba Title?

Posted by Viper on 26 October 2004 - 10:03 PM in Off Topic

Okay, sorry not aware of these rules. Bust seriously all you basketball fans, who is gonna win it? I'm saying Indiana, but detroit has me thinking they can take it.

#39866 Nba Title?

Posted by Viper on 26 October 2004 - 02:39 PM in Off Topic

U guys think the pistons will repeat?

#43892 How Exactly Are Zero Darts Effective

Posted by Viper on 12 December 2004 - 09:21 PM in Homemades

I was curious if anyone knows what makes zero darts more effective than regular darts. In my experience they are quite the opposite of more effective than regular stefans.

#37716 New Powerclip

Posted by Viper on 23 September 2004 - 10:21 PM in General Nerf

That makes two of us, I've heard rumors but no more. Good question duce :wacko:

#37556 The Perfect Bbb Mod?

Posted by Viper on 21 September 2004 - 12:30 AM in Modifications

DO NOT internam band it for it just screw it up. The barrel you mentioned should work out perfectly though.

#37252 Air Tanks And Psi

Posted by Viper on 15 September 2004 - 08:32 PM in Homemades

That's true, what cxwq said for the most part, but if you mod a squirt gun you'll find that it has a large airtank that ends up being beneficial because it has a relatively slow air release system by which air can get behind the dart. With a long barrel, you can use this air release mech to put constant pressure behind the dart, making it go very far. As far as porting goes, if it fishtails I'd try putting a ring of ports around the area close to the valve on the barrel, and it that doesn't work, use a muzzle break like porting system or spiral porting. Spiral porting makes the dart spin a little making it more accurate usually as long as your precise with measurements.

#33859 Huge Review Effort

Posted by Viper on 12 August 2004 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

've decided to start upa review database that starts where nerfcenter left off and adds a little to it. I have a chronograph which measures the velocity at which the gun shoots and plan to have either a simple modification at the bottom of my review page or links to various mods across the web. I will also include the relative value of the gun based on ebay auctions that are currently goinIg on. Any other ideas? Or any rare guns you guys want to inform me of that I need to buy and review?

#33894 Huge Review Effort

Posted by Viper on 13 August 2004 - 11:21 AM in General Nerf

I have reviewed a ton of nerf guns. I have over 300 at my house. I'm missing only a few nerf and the matttel series. I have almost all of the larami series, all the koosh series.

#59110 Defender T3 Mod (full Write Up And Pics)

Posted by Viper on 11 July 2005 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Very thorough starbuck, that's the best mod/review of the DT3 to date easily. The Dt3 arrow launcher has far more mod potential than the BBB and many other toys that people still seem to prefer.

#42624 Pc Idea

Posted by Viper on 27 November 2004 - 12:08 AM in Modifications

A few people have made a loser variation of the powerclip, with very good ranges. Really though there are at least 10 other guns that can match a single shot powerclip.

#40324 Turret Gun

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 01:09 AM in Homemades

Sounds like it would be unique and accomplishable. I'll try ot get a diagrpahm of a past air-pressure powered pump gun.

#40322 At3k Clip

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 12:57 AM in Modifications

Yes, it either would not work or simply wouldn't be worth it. Only clips work effectively in this setup. Turrets, like the RF20 are simply easier to leave on that nto insert and expect it to hold correctly. Just as a hint: NEVER DO A RF20 TURRET MOD

#33495 Ballistas Or Arrows

Posted by Viper on 08 August 2004 - 01:18 AM in General Nerf

I don't know about that (ballista's superior to nerf arrows) I can get max ranges better out of my nerf arrows if I mod my crossbow a specific way than I can out of stefans if I mod it specifically for them. Overall, stefans are far easier to maintain and simply find, but arrows hold their own. If you have a slow release mechasim or a long plunger tube(crossbow) compared to EAB,which has a short fat one, arrows are almost the optimal choice.

#40340 At3k Clip

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 11:13 AM in Modifications

Its a great idea,but I found it to be very impractical and not worth doing. Its an opinion, deal with it.

#40539 Koosh Tornado's Origins

Posted by Viper on 01 November 2004 - 11:23 PM in General Nerf

The mad hornet had a "stinger meter" that kids could poke their eye out on is why it had a late release. I found the hydro harpoon crossbow patent though. The gatlin storm was just run over by the airjet series which had more sales promise. There are literally a ton of guns like these. I've seen patents for pump-powered ballguns and clip fed systems as well as voice activated head sets and get this, remote controlled turrets for firing nerf darts.

#40469 Koosh Tornado's Origins

Posted by Viper on 01 November 2004 - 02:13 PM in General Nerf

I just found out a little fact as I was searching through the tornado's patent references. It is actually designed off a non-lethal form of crowd control and military training air foil design. Later on a guy came up with a flexible airfoil ring design and the projectile launcher was designed from there. There are some designs with holes in it to reduce turbulence at certain points around the ring, thereby increasing accuracy and range. (mods anyone?) Firestorm patent # is 6079398