Broken Guns Need Help!

crossbow and bbb broken.........

4 replies to this topic

#1 shortydrummer21

shortydrummer21

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:07 PM

My crossbows plunger broke and i'm trying to fix it. I tried to use super glue and 2-ton epoxy neither have worked so i need some new ideas. also the grip of my bbb broke off and i have no way to figure how to even start to fix it. so any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

shortydrummer21

#2 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:34 PM

So your plunger's ripped? That's pretty common when you mod it. I'd recomend something with greater elasticity like silicone or masking tape on the back of it. Happened to mine too.

#3 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:20 PM

Is it a broken plunger shaft?
If it is, go to home depot and get a thin metal rod, like I did, of use a coat hanger. Cut the metal to be as long as the entire shaft. Then cut whatever plastic might be in your way of filling the entire side of the shaft with plumber’s goop. Then do just that. Squeeze a whole line down the side and fill the small track halfway full or so with goop. Then place the coat hanger in the goop. I doubled that up, with he only single piece of wire being below the catch notch. Do that to the other side as well. And here's the hard part, seriously. Let it sit for at least a week. That may sound crazy, but it's the sort of thing you don't want to do twice, and with the large quantities of goop, it will take that long to really cure. I'll post pics of minetomorrow just to make it clear.
-jlego out
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#4 shortydrummer21

shortydrummer21

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:07 AM

ok i think i get it. thanks! any ideas about the bbb? the grip with the trigger is the one that broke off so it is curently useless until that is fixed. thanks anyway!

shortydrummer21

#5 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:36 PM

no clue about the BBB. Post pics or something, worst case senario, you could ship it to me and i could do what i could to fix it. Pics would work though.
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users