Photo

Found Some Old Nerf Style Guns

5 replies to this topic

#1 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:17 PM

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should get a couple nerf-style guns I just found at an old Kmart (going out of business). They still have a Big Salvo and an XXL Ultimator? It's possible I got the names messed up but can anyone tell me if they're worth buying to collect (do you like them)? Thanks.

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:32 PM

Big Salvo is an awesome blaster, definately get one ( It's not old btw ). The ultimator could sell/trade nicely so you may wanna pick one of those up too.

#3 Enigma

Enigma

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:47 PM

The Big Salvo is a nice primary, pretty hardy and easy to repair if screwed up. I'm currently in the process of resurrecting one that died on its first mod.
Some people say I'm horrible, but in reality, I have the heart of a little boy... in a jar on my desk.

#4 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

XXL bazooka is what I think you're talking about. Get it and sell it for $30+ on ebay.

#5 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:38 PM

Thanks, I'm sure it was the xxl bazooka like Viper said.

Please excuse me for changing the topic, but does anyone know about the Big Salvo's pump valves or something that messes them up when modding? I have read a few write-ups that say not to hold it up and down when cutting the restrictors. But I have seen other write-ups doing just that. Can anyone give me a heads-up of what not to do? Thanks.

#6 Enigma

Enigma

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:20 PM

Are you speaking of the valves in the tanks? Or do you speak of the trigger, or the overpump release valve? You've got me somewhat confused with the pump valves. If you're talking about the tank valves, they are considerably less fragile then most nerf brand tank valves, but if you get small chunks of plastic or dust in the barrels and they make it to the tank, it can cause the valve not to reseat right.
Some people say I'm horrible, but in reality, I have the heart of a little boy... in a jar on my desk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users