Photo

The Perfect Bbb Mod?

6 replies to this topic

#1 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:08 PM

I will be getting a new BBB soon,(just bought it off eBay for 12.50.) and was wondering what is a good mod for it. I have heard many mods but yet there is none of them on Nerf Haven. Should I…
-nest it with 17/30(2.5 inches) with a 7 inch long piece of 9/16 then internal band mod it… Also the 9/16 will have pvc over it and there will be a pvc coupler over the 17/30 piece.

please give me ALL of your suggestions!

<Blink>

Edited by blink_182, 20 September 2004 - 05:19 PM.

New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:34 PM

Sell the BBB to the next sap who wants one. The gun isnt that great or reliable.

#3 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:39 PM

I'm currently working on a clip design for it. Essentially it's this clip with an action. I plan attach a piece of dowel from the rear of the BBB to the barrel. When you pull back to cock the gun, the barrel is pulled back overtop of the shell. When you push the back of the BBB foward to catch the catch mechanism the barrel is pushed foward, allowing a shell to fall in. The only action I would need is to eject the shells, a single handle.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#4 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:46 PM

Hooray! Somebody's using my desigh for another gun! This or any other magazine feeding action should work great because of how the BBB cocks. I'm anxious to see how your project works out, hunter!
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#5 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:30 AM

DO NOT internam band it for it just screw it up. The barrel you mentioned should work out perfectly though.

#6 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:52 AM

Yeah I wouldn't reccomend internal banding either, but the nested brass would probably work nicely.
Webmaster of Ultima Nerf

#7 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 02:28 PM

Ok so I won’t internal band it. But why? From what I heard you can get some really good ranges with it. (If I do internal band it I will also add support [similar to those of a crossbow]) but I will either do my nest or the one that vb3k did. Anything else I should know about it. Thanks again for everyone’s help!

<Blink>

Edited by blink_182, 21 September 2004 - 05:24 PM.

New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users