Lubricant

4 replies to this topic

#1 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

Just wondering, as I couldn't find silicone grease: will lithium grease corrode rubber if I'm using it as a lubricant between brass and rubber o-rings? Keeping in mind that the brass is used as a trigger pin (meaning that the o-rings will be sliding constantly), I'd like to know if lithium grease is an acceptable substitute to silicone grease. Thanks.

AA
Indiana '11

#2 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:06 AM

I found this topic when I was searching on yahoo for where to buy silicone grease it might help

http://www.airsoftca...php/t-2517.html

Im also looking for alternatives to silicone grease (I have no idea where to get it)

Edited by scientology, 14 August 2005 - 12:09 AM.

#3 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:53 AM

I use a silicone spray, I found it near the wd-40. Check the ingredients on it for petroleum products.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#4 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:33 AM

Use airsoft silicone lubricant. Most other types come with acetone and some other material that eats rubber and plastic.

#5 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:40 PM

I would imagine that paint ball gun lube would also work well because it is designed to not eat rubber and handle a lot of abuse/extreme conditions.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users