Photo

Huge Review Effort

6 replies to this topic

#1 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:43 PM

've decided to start upa review database that starts where nerfcenter left off and adds a little to it. I have a chronograph which measures the velocity at which the gun shoots and plan to have either a simple modification at the bottom of my review page or links to various mods across the web. I will also include the relative value of the gun based on ebay auctions that are currently goinIg on. Any other ideas? Or any rare guns you guys want to inform me of that I need to buy and review?

Edited by Viper, 12 August 2004 - 10:05 PM.

#2 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 04:15 AM

I like the idea, but unless your willing to spend a lot of money on guns, you'll start running into problems pretty fast.
- You'll have to find people with guns that are new-ish
- A large number of these will probably be modded
- There's a limited number of people out there who will have NIB guns [yes, i have seen C's garage :P ]
- There will probably be a bit of variation between guns.

Anyway, this is me just giving my 2 cents. Honestly, the concept is great, you could have the gun information, with the bottom section devoted to a list of mods, each [if applicable] mentioning range or accuracy increases.

This thing would rock.

A lot of effort though, don't let me, or anyone else, stop you.

Go son.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:02 AM

He's right- the cost would be enormous. But hell, that'd be awesome if you could do something like that. I think the velocity and mods would be very nice, and possibly display the improvements after modding, as Taita said. Best of luck, it'd be awesome if you could do that.

~ompa

#4 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:21 AM

I have reviewed a ton of nerf guns. I have over 300 at my house. I'm missing only a few nerf and the matttel series. I have almost all of the larami series, all the koosh series.

Edited by Viper, 13 August 2004 - 11:24 AM.

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:24 AM

Did you say.... 300? :huh: I really have to see a picture of that arsenal... If you have all the guns already, go ahead and do it, It'd be awesome.

~ompa

#6 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

That's a lot of Nerf guns.

#7 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

Jeez, I wish I had 300. You should do it but it will very time consuming probaly.
Im a Sharp Shooter YE HAAAA

HAHAHA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users