First, I started with the Battle Pistol.
I dissassembled the gun and took out all the internals. I took a Dremel tool and Dremeled the front two rings on the inside of the casing to fit 3/4" PVC. Note, 3/4" PVC is the only thing I had available.
Here is my "bull barrel." It's 1/2" CPVC nested in 3/4"PVC. I cut a 4-inch piece of 1/2" CPVC. Then, I cut a 3.5 inch piece of 3/4" PVC. I wrapped the CPVC in electrical tape. Next, I took a mallet and tapped it into the 3/4" PVC. I then wrapped the 3/4" PVC in electrical tape. Finally, I Dremeled a hole in the plunger tube the size of the 1/2" CPVC and hot glued the new barrel to the plunger tube. I wrapped the back portion of the barrel and the top portion of the plunger tube in electrical tape for additional strength. You can see a better side view of the plunger tube/barrel below.
Here, I took off the plunger assembly and replaced the dinky stock spring with a more powerful spring from a broken Sharpshooter 2.
Here are the internals with the new bull barrel installed.
Here are my two Defender T3 Battle Pistols. Note, that the top Battle Pistol has a longer barrel than the bottom one. This is so that this pistol can fit into the arrow launcher. The bottom pistol is used as a pistol only.
Now to the arrow launcher*. This launcher has the biggest spring I have ever seen (save the Bow n' Arrow). I know people have put this spring into a Crossbow and have gotten great results. I stretched the spring a little bit, first off. Then, I sawed off most of the stock barrel. I then added a 3" piece of 1/2" CPVC to the barrel and wrapped it in electrical tape. Not pictured is the surgical rubber I use to boost the performance. Note, on top of the launcher where the handle used to be is now a sight. See the next section for further details. * (I know this mod has been done before, so I am not taking credit)
What I did here was Dremel off all the handle components. I then Dremeled off the front section of the Armor Shot ammo holder (the front sloped part) and Dremeled a square in that piece. Next, I took the plastic sight out of a Bow N' Arrow and went over the reticle with a fine tipped pen. I then mounted the sight onto the Armor Shot piece to give me my sight. This thing was a pleasant surprise, as I found it to be an accurate device.
See the next post for the rest of the mod...
Edited by Starbuck, 11 July 2005 - 11:11 PM.