Nerf Gra's Content

There have been 88 items by Nerf Gra (Search limited from 29-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#301181 Hunter mod writeup

Posted by Nerf Gra on 08 July 2011 - 10:35 AM in Modifications

Not that I think this blaster fits anyone's hands but simply taking off the back of the bolt and leaving it off helps a whole hell of a lot. and it serves no purpose to begin with so there is no reason to have it.

#301170 Modular Air Blaster System

Posted by Nerf Gra on 08 July 2011 - 12:55 AM in Homemades

I love what your doing with air power. Keep it up

#300996 The Homemade Cobra

Posted by Nerf Gra on 04 July 2011 - 04:36 PM in Homemades

the blowgun lets out the air slower than I'd hoped

Most air guns or blow guns are meant to blow air at high velocity so they have restrictions and shaped nozzles to facilitate that. Often times they are rated in cfm/m @ a certain psi. Perhaps if you look around you might be able to find one that lets the air go a little faster. I could be talking out of my ass but just trying to be helpful.

This thing is pretty awesome though. I am totes interested in a smaller version.

#300480 Aluminum AT2K Tank

Posted by Nerf Gra on 24 June 2011 - 09:27 PM in Homemades

I will also probably want one of these.

#300441 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by Nerf Gra on 24 June 2011 - 12:36 AM in General Nerf

This post is adapted from a thread I posted on the Revolution as a cry for help. It got closed in about 3min. Who'd have thought I'd get so slapped down on that forum? Abuse? That's what I come here for. If my post breaks any rules so be it Ill take my licks but I digress on to my point.

I am very excited about all of these and the upcoming projects giving so much potential to all of these blasters. Effectively breathing back into the blaster a life of relevance. Now obviously with all the REclones that have come out you would imagine that it would be very easy for them to make kits for all or most of the current blaster line up and you would be very correct. Yet I found something to be missing from that list....

The Deploy. Possibly one of the coolest most hilarious and awesome blasters Nerf has made in a while. As much of a novelty as anything else. It was the only N-Strike blaster that I bought purely because of what it was and could do. It was/is wacky and fun and a shinning example of what Nerf is all about. The only bad part about this blaster is is less than stellar performance and (unless your Rogue) its lack of potential. So you can imagine my excitement when I found the group of people Orange Mod Works who were bringing back from obscurity these reverse PT blasters. I thought surely they won't leave out the Deploy that most beloved of transformers blasters. So I searched and searched and couldn't find any evidence that they were going to make such a kit. So I posted on their Facebook page asking them if they had any plans to make one. Sadly their reply was a dull "no". But they did give me some hope. They stated in the response that if 50 people respond to my facebook posting that they would develop and produce kits for the Deploy.

So I am sending this cry, this fleeting plea for help. Please if you care about the Deploy as I do, if it captured your heart like it did mine, if you don't to see if go by the wayside as these new kits come out and bring back to life all these other blasters then I ask you to make yourself heard say it loud say it proud. Get on Facebook and respond to this post and let them know that you want the Deploy to have a fighting chance.

#297004 Warthog Time

Posted by Nerf Gra on 01 April 2011 - 12:10 PM in Modifications

^ It really should. Like I said 1-1.5 layers of etape and it is a perfect fit in the arrow shooter barrel on a BBB.

Back on topic. As I said before Rogue Im glad your back to posting original mods. You have been missed.

#297003 Ads?

Posted by Nerf Gra on 01 April 2011 - 11:22 AM in Site Feedback

I think if anything that annoying little pop up message from VACC is the April fools joke. If it is I say well done old chap you've had your laugh now take it down cause its annoying the every living shit out of me. Also did anyone else notice Langley and Captain Slugs profiles are gone now??

#296993 Warthog Time

Posted by Nerf Gra on 31 March 2011 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

I love using deploy scopes as barrels. I did this in a BBB, had to use a ramrod which is lame but it was pure magic.

#296955 Ads?

Posted by Nerf Gra on 31 March 2011 - 11:07 AM in Site Feedback

^had the same problem just now. Also still have ads.

#296888 Eel Attack

Posted by Nerf Gra on 30 March 2011 - 10:38 AM in Modifications

Sounds good. That was my next question. Since you seem to do most of your mods in stages I was wondering what was up next

#296873 Eel Attack

Posted by Nerf Gra on 30 March 2011 - 01:36 AM in Modifications

...I guess I'll be "that guy" today. Ranges?

LOL...taking one for the team, eh? Healthy NF ranges, like 70-75'. Although ranges are pretty much the same,--this things ROF easily trumps a NF. That, plus having more loaded clips at the ready makes this old ass blaster still war capable.

Haha. Yeah we like to take turns around here everyone takes his licks and we move on. Today was just my day.

Thats pretty wicked though although I'm kinda inclined to agree with Rover. I'm not the biggest fan of etape seals but hell if it works it works and you can't argue with that ROF its enough to really surprise someone especially with the way that thing looks no one would expect that.

#296828 Eel Attack

Posted by Nerf Gra on 29 March 2011 - 02:52 PM in Modifications

...I guess I'll be "that guy" today. Ranges?

#296824 Eel Attack

Posted by Nerf Gra on 29 March 2011 - 02:05 PM in Modifications

It's good to see you back Rouge. I was sad and confused when you left. Good work as always. Talk about blast from the past gota love the old school blasters.

#296308 Swarmfire Ar Removal

Posted by Nerf Gra on 20 March 2011 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

This may convince me to buy one of these. Thanks for the report on the new blaster, can't wait for an update.

#296307 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Nerf Gra on 20 March 2011 - 03:24 PM in Darts and Barrels

If thats what Ben has been selling then its great foam with fantastic density and its pretty much spring fit in PETG and its too tight for CPVC (at least it is in my CPVC) Would probably be great in brass too.

#296148 Nerf Dart Tag Sharp Shot Modification

Posted by Nerf Gra on 17 March 2011 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

Can not believe your luck right now. 3$ you have got to be kidding me. Anyways I'm kinda sad to see an inverse plunger although we all knew it was going to be so. I really like that trigger design it looks like its a really smooth pull. About how big around is the plunger tube? Is it like Scout size? Can't wait to see what this thing does with some brass or PETG

#295859 Nuthead Darts

Posted by Nerf Gra on 12 March 2011 - 01:58 AM in Darts and Barrels

Originally I was going to try to drill into some sort of material with various bits but I couldn't find a bit that really made the shape that I was looking for. And I was hard presses to find a suitable material to make the mold out of. However now that this article has been posted I have had a brainwave and will attempt to use acorn nuts to make a mold in some sort of mold making material i haven't figured out what its going to be yet though. I work a lot and work has been super crazy recently leaving me nearly useless afterwards so I haven't been able to work on this in a while but I will certainly try to get back on the band wagon here. I will report back with results.

#295835 Nuthead Darts

Posted by Nerf Gra on 11 March 2011 - 08:28 PM in Darts and Barrels

I am also attempting to make dart heads with Sugru hopefully it turns out well cause it seems promising.

#295530 Fomas

Posted by Nerf Gra on 07 March 2011 - 08:17 PM in Homemades

Back on topic. I really like this blaster in its simplicity and effectiveness. I especaily like the stock you made it just looks so clean and well made. What sizes did you use and what did you use to blend the joints like that? It may just be the slight blur in the pictures but it looks like you used something to blend around the pipes at the joints almost like it was welded. Either way it looks awesome and hella functional.

#294918 Serious Arrowstorm Improvements

Posted by Nerf Gra on 22 February 2011 - 01:04 PM in Modifications

This is dead sexy. Well done good and noble sir.

#294869 How To Add Mega To A Mega Missile.

Posted by Nerf Gra on 21 February 2011 - 09:30 PM in Modifications

Thats fantastic. A bit of a semi-noob question but where are you finding these things I haven't seen them anywhere.

#294867 How To Add Mega To A Mega Missile.

Posted by Nerf Gra on 21 February 2011 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

While reading this I somehow managed to miss the part where you said "Build the OPRV assembly as shown in the SVT4B thread". Needless to say I was very confused for a few minutes. However now I have seen the light and it is indeed bright. This is a nice write up and I can't wait to see its final rendition. I do have one question though. What pump are you using and about how many times are you pumping it?

Edit: Clearly if you put it in a MS shell you will use that one. but what are you using for the one in the original shell?

#293672 Mcmaster Carr 1/2" Cpvc Seaching

Posted by Nerf Gra on 31 January 2011 - 11:58 PM in Modifications

IF you have an ACE near by lots of times they do free shipping to local stores you just have to go pick it up. Thats how I get my brass.

#293671 Eagle Eye Cpvc Breech

Posted by Nerf Gra on 31 January 2011 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Very nice. This kinda makes me want my old eagle eye back.

Questions:

How do you operate the breach? Like do you just grab the front of it and pull or do you have a little tab on it somewhere?

How comfortable is this gun? From what I remember trying to tuck it into your shoulder was awkward and uncomfortable?

Chances on a part 2? Maybe spring replacement???

#293421 Stefan Machine

Posted by Nerf Gra on 27 January 2011 - 03:42 AM in Darts and Barrels

I would think that the hard part would be going from a coil of foam to straightened blanks. Possibly some way of automatically blowing on them with a heat gun or hair drier. I think it would be easier and it would eliminate some unnecessary complexity by making 2 different machines. One to make blanks from a roll of foam and a second ne that you would load with striaghted blanks and other materials. Over all I think it would be a very interesting project.

#293137 Hornet Tank Problems

Posted by Nerf Gra on 20 January 2011 - 12:42 AM in Modifications

Fair enough. I don't have a ton of experience with air power guns (a shame I know) but at this point I'm open all input as I am working on a project myself.

#293135 Hornet Tank Problems

Posted by Nerf Gra on 19 January 2011 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

...assuming you keep the lines between the tanks and the blast button as short as possible. Also worth considering is modifying the fill/vent nozzle on the tanks to be wider, and use a wider ID tubing....

Excuse my ignorance but I was under the impression that the reason for keeping the tubes between the blast button and tank as short as possible was so it fired the tank fast due to there being less volume between the tank and blast button. If that is true then it would seem to me what you said is self contradicting. Shorter tubes=less volume but greater ID= more volume.

They way I thought it worked was based on pressure differential. Basically all the blast button has to do is relieve a small amount of pressure to fire the tank. So it would stand to reason that the less volume there is between the tank and blast button the less air would have to be moved in order to reduce pressure enough to fire tanks and as I said earlier: Shorter tube=less volume and if that is true then. Less volume=faster pressure release: Faster pressure release= faster valve opening: Faster valve opening= More air to fire the shot.

#293101 Hornet Tank Problems

Posted by Nerf Gra on 19 January 2011 - 12:51 AM in Modifications

Check out the second post in this thread. There inst much detail about it but its pretty straight forward and I'm sure you could make something like that. Plus its all but inline with the tube so it wouldn't take up much space.

Is there a good way to effectively fire 2 hornet tanks with one blast button without loosing too much range?

#292998 The Mave

Posted by Nerf Gra on 17 January 2011 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

It might if he were to use stephans and maybe a bit of brass.

#292982 Urb (ultimate Rapid Blast) Mods. [updated]

Posted by Nerf Gra on 16 January 2011 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

To quote Angel from the "Ultimate Raider" thread.

I was expecting something a little more "Ultimate".

Well, I didn't pck the name of the blaster. Ultimate Rapid Blast is how its on the box.

Sorry this wasn't meant to be a slam on you but on BuzzBee. My apologies

#292976 Urb (ultimate Rapid Blast) Mods. [updated]

Posted by Nerf Gra on 16 January 2011 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

To quote Angel from the "Ultimate Raider" thread.

I was expecting something a little more "Ultimate".

#292665 Homemade Magstrike Piston And Write-up

Posted by Nerf Gra on 11 January 2011 - 09:15 PM in Homemades

What are you using for an air sorce? Do you use a MS bladder, home made bladder or something like a regulated air tank?

#292199 Homemade Magstrike Piston And Write-up

Posted by Nerf Gra on 03 January 2011 - 11:57 PM in Homemades

Simply beautiful I have been wanting for quite some time now to have a magstrike-like-system to fire a spring loaded clip gun. I was going to try and do this with an actual magstrike piston and a recon or something but what you have come up with is beyond brilliant.

#292198 Longshot Mod Help

Posted by Nerf Gra on 03 January 2011 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

There is a modification directory. It has plenty of mods for the longshot. A quick search gave me this.
http://nerfhaven.com...85&hl=directory

Better yet start with this. http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7527

#291867 Nitefinder Draw Extension, Plunger Tube Replacement, Etc.

Posted by Nerf Gra on 30 December 2010 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

This mod has been done many times before, by now it's common knowledge now that 1" PETG works with nite-finders. Off the top of my head Banshee and Rogue come to mind as people who have done almost exactly what this write-up has done. However, I can't find any write-ups for the mod so this is good. I would suggest you put a screw through the pvc coupler and plunger tube for more durability than just the goop. The space behind the CPVC coupler is all deadspace too, it would help a little if you put in a stub of CPVC before you gooped. Thanks for making a write-up, there have been very few lately.

Just sayin....

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19195

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=20079&hl=

Good point, I didn't look in the integration section of the NF mods.

Yeah I had just looked at them the other day and I remembered at least one of them was in Banshee's sig. I seem to remember rogue doing one as well but I can't find it or for that matter any of his write ups they seem to all be gone??

On topic:
Question for OP. Does your plunger head bottom out on the coupler or does the handle hit the back of the shell? Do you worry about either place breaking?

#291666 Mod Get Togethers

Posted by Nerf Gra on 27 December 2010 - 09:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I think its a great idea. For one, not everyone can learn by just reading and copying from pictures especially with poorly written write ups and poorly taken pictures, which is uncommon for this site but has been known to happen. Also it would be good to show them techniques that are not easily or even ever shown or talked about. It could be something small that you wouldn’t even think of as being that important but it could be the difference between success and failure of the person as a modder. Some people have to literally be shown how to do something. It’s like when I learned to weld we had like 4 hours of class time learning theory and looking at pictures but that didn’t mean that I could just jump right into the shop and run a perfect bead, it took me till my instructor took us out and showed us how to hold the torch, how to hold the rod, when to dip it, when to add more heat, when to pull back a little. Furthermore I think that it would be a good opportunity to teach people WHY they do stuff not just how to do it. I find that the more educated someone is on the principles of something like this the better they will understand it and the easier it will be for them to innovate further. Frankly I think that there need to be more good modders who can do more than just copy what other people do. Hell if something like this is the difference between someone being happy and being fulfilled by the hobby versus them turning from it cause its to “hard” then I would say its worth it.

#291665 Nitefinder Draw Extension, Plunger Tube Replacement, Etc.

Posted by Nerf Gra on 27 December 2010 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

This mod has been done many times before, by now it's common knowledge now that 1" PETG works with nite-finders. Off the top of my head Banshee and Rogue come to mind as people who have done almost exactly what this write-up has done. However, I can't find any write-ups for the mod so this is good. I would suggest you put a screw through the pvc coupler and plunger tube for more durability than just the goop. The space behind the CPVC coupler is all deadspace too, it would help a little if you put in a stub of CPVC before you gooped. Thanks for making a write-up, there have been very few lately.

Just sayin....

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19195

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=20079&hl=

#291592 Christmas Stuff?

Posted by Nerf Gra on 26 December 2010 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Got a Cannon Reble T1i. So can I FINALY get good pictures so I can actually start some writeups.

#290640 Nxt Generation Crossbow

Posted by Nerf Gra on 11 December 2010 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

It is doubtful that the string has any sort of elastic qualities mostly the power probably comes from the arms of the crossbow. I had a similar toy when I was younger and it fired hard plasti darts that kind of looked like billiard darts with suction tips.(I think they might actually be laying around somewhere) It was amazingly fun to use and shot probably 50-60feet with surprising accuracy it was very close to being not a toy.

As far as mods go I don't see alot of potential but hey that's half the fun. It would be cool with some sort of "internals" replacement.

#290526 Spectre Rev-5 Mods

Posted by Nerf Gra on 09 December 2010 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

I literally just got up under it with a flat head screw driver and pryed around till it came off it's definitely not easy but do able