Photo

The Mave

6 replies to this topic

#1 Zakary

Zakary

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:29 AM

Hey guys. been a long time since i've been on here. Awhile ago i was into nerf, i love opening stuff up and modifying it. I honestly don't have much experience with anything, but if you can tell me how to do it or give me guidlines on how to do it, i can do it :). Anyways, i feel like getting in to modding and stuff again. Anyways, i used to mod my guns using online tutorials and stuff, but today i made a really unique gun out of the maverick. I named it the Mave, i think you will find out why from the pictures below ;). It took me about 1 hour to open it up, modify it and then put it all together. Materials used: A maverick, a saw, some scissors, 4 pounds of hot glue :D. Anyways, i might paint it, i am not sure though. It is basically a really rough prototype, and if i get another chance to mod another maverick, i will try to makke it better looking lol. anyways, check it out:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The range averages out to be about 27-35 feet, not the best, but decent for a secondary. I basically sawed off some of the barrel, converted it to a single shot, and then made an ammo holder out of the back end of the cylinder. So yeah, its pretty cool. It is a prototype, so i didn't really expect it to look okay, it turned out acceptable considering  it only took an hour. Also,  i took no measurements whatsoever, i just eyed it and cut :D.

I hope i can continue to contribute to this forum, its an honor to converse with the worlds best nerfers!

#2 Niteshot

Niteshot

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

It looks like something I did with a maverick a while back. Good job.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 7 2010, 10:31 AM) View Post

For the love of fuck. The next person who announces that they are using something in their signature, ever, is banned. I fucking hate you.

#3 Inferno Falcon

Inferno Falcon

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:26 PM

Pretty good for a first writeup. Perhaps you could consider replacing the plunger o ring if maximum seal is your goal.

#4 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

Welcome to the Haven, Zakary. A shortened name for a shortened blaster, keep the mods coming, and capitalize your 'I's and you should have no problem here.

#5 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

Isn't 27-35 ft about average for a standard modded Maverick anyway? Doesn't this just cut down the RoF by a ton?

I would have thought singling it would increase the range considerably. Either way, inventive mod.

#6 Nerf Gra

Nerf Gra

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

It might if he were to use stephans and maybe a bit of brass.
QUOTE(VelveetaAvenger @ Dec 6 2010, 12:14 AM) View Post

Maybe there's no Mcmaster, but you could make the first coconut airtank.

#7 iDrag0m1r

iDrag0m1r

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

He's using a stock barrel. and no spring/penny upgrade, so 27-35 is about all he can possibly get.
I AM JUNIOR!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users