Arcanum's Content

There have been 93 items by Arcanum (Search limited from 17-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#57347 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Arcanum on 12 June 2005 - 03:50 PM in General Nerf

I'm not saying I've done anything revolutionary here at nerfhaven, but I thought this would be a cool idea.
In this thread you will share your favorite contribution to the Nerf Internet Community.
For example, Groove may say Death By Foam. It can be a comic strip, modificaton, specified post...anything!

So I guess I'll start off by posting a link to my Blast Bazooka Mod
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=4379
This is my favorite because someone actually tried it and got great results.

#57381 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Arcanum on 12 June 2005 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

I mean things that the poster has done, my apoliges. I wasn't clear there.

#57349 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Arcanum on 12 June 2005 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

I'm saying pick your favorite one halfling

#57386 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Arcanum on 12 June 2005 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Wow AA, can you just post in the thread and leave it alone. Of course I wasn't trying to advertise my mod, that'd would be rather impm like. Nerfhaven is about auxillary, so what. I'm not trying to see who can one up the last person. I'm just starting a thread asking what you're favorite contribution is. Who honestly cares that much? geez...

#57442 Your Favorite Nic Contribution

Posted by Arcanum on 13 June 2005 - 04:24 PM in General Nerf

I just wish I was around when some of these websites were in their prime...
(nerf net, nerf online, nerf center, etc.)

#55115 What Is Better And Where Can I Buy It?

Posted by Arcanum on 17 May 2005 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

If you don't find it right away don't give up, mine was hidden behind some other stuff on the shelf

#89840 War Movie

Posted by Arcanum on 16 September 2006 - 07:20 PM in Off Topic

comment it or something

We always have a lot of fun doing shit like this.

p.s. I'm the kid who gets popped in the head at the beginning

#90033 War Movie

Posted by Arcanum on 19 September 2006 - 03:03 PM in Off Topic

Are you all ameatures, or do you have like a professional photagrapher? That was really good, well at least the first minute, my computer stopped loading there.

All created with a sony digital camecorder and edited on Windows Movie Maker by me. I dont know if anyone plays Call of Duty, but that is where i got the gunfire and exploding shell audio from. The music is all taken from the matrix soundtrack as well.

Yeah we're proud of it.

#78644 The Tech-turret

Posted by Arcanum on 03 April 2006 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

I use to have that thing. I called it the "police pistol" because we always used it in cops and robbers with nerf and the cop got that gun. Pretty friggin good for a knockoff. All I did to it was cut out the air restrictor and it shot stock darts about 40 feet.

#54519 Sm1500 Paint Job

Posted by Arcanum on 09 May 2005 - 10:07 PM in Modifications

Alright well, this was my first time painting a nerf gun successfully with model paint, so cut me some slack. I put a regular sm1500 below it in this pic just for comparison...
For some reason the barrels look angled in this pic, the gun fires normal
Posted Image
Here is the glossy side...
Posted Image
Here is the dull side (splitfire style)...
Posted Image

This is just a cool dollar store pistol I found on Maui, Hawaii. I sawed out the air restrictors and believe it or not, it gets forty feet with yellow stock micros! I was blown away. Anyway here are some pics...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Worthy of a NF integration?

#56200 Sm1500 Battle Rifle

Posted by Arcanum on 31 May 2005 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

Actually, it isn't. I know it looks like that, and it was originally at a different angle so it wasn't upside down, but it functions better this way. There is a small plastic peg that slides perfectly under the back part of the 1500, so it works.

#56196 Sm1500 Battle Rifle

Posted by Arcanum on 31 May 2005 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

PLEASE READ: I have considered all of the criticism I will receive for this mod. The sm1500 is known for its rof, I am aware. Some of you may have seen my single barreled sm1500 in the mods section earlier. This is the same gun, but it needed constant repairs so I decided to re-mod it. And I have 7 sm1500s, two quad, one singled, four unmodified.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, who said guns have to be pretty? This is covered in masking tape as you can see. But it isn't all about appearance, it is performance. I can fairly easily hit a 3" by 6" target from 40 feet away...using a scope. Yes, I know scopes do nothing, but this one helps somewhat for indoor wars. I also added a stock with ammo holders from an earlier destroyed dart gun.

It can be loaded into the crayola or Copper Repair Pipe (see earlier thread). The CRP is a copper barrel that fits mega stefans and stock micros, can be found at menards.

Performance - Stock Micro: approx. 92' good accuracy
Mega Stefan: approx. 85' very good accuracy (for better
ranges a longer barrel is needed)
Micro Stefan: No range test, deadly accurate within 50'
(indoor wars)

#56206 Sm1500 Battle Rifle

Posted by Arcanum on 31 May 2005 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

I was going for comfort...after I saw the end result of tall that taping.

#56470 Single-barrel At3k

Posted by Arcanum on 03 June 2005 - 03:51 PM in Modifications

::shrugs:: shoots good...

#56468 Single-barrel At3k

Posted by Arcanum on 03 June 2005 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

Ok shaggyman was at my house so here are the pics we took...

Posted Image
Posted Image

and then down here we took a picture of his lbb internals...
there is a leak (tested under water) when you pull out the plunger and I have no idea how to fix it
Posted Image

#54590 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by Arcanum on 10 May 2005 - 10:03 PM in General Nerf

Red Dragon
Posted Image
Single Brass sm1500
Posted Image
Single PVC sm1500
Posted Image
LBB pvc
Posted Image
Brass NF
Posted Image
Dollar Store Pistol
Posted Image

#55047 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by Arcanum on 16 May 2005 - 08:00 PM in General Nerf

Single Brass sm1500
Single PVC sm1500

Why in the hell did you single barrel your SM1500s?!?!

YOU MURDERER!

I have 3 quad barreled sm1500s
I have 4 more not moddified
Those are the same gun, my brass didn't work out as well and was removable, the pvc one is permanent and you can find the mod write up in modifications section.
Everyone thinks im wasting the gun but it fires stock darts and mega stefans like you can't imagine.

#53674 Shoring Up Aging Micro-darts

Posted by Arcanum on 27 April 2005 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

Thanks, I have some gorilla glue so I'll try it out.

#53639 Shoring Up Aging Micro-darts

Posted by Arcanum on 27 April 2005 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

I tried the straw idea on my stock darts and the first three shots were really quite impressive. The dart shot much straighter than before with about the same speed. Accuracy increase though.
However, after about three shots the straw just kept falling out and I can't find a safe way to get the straw in without leaving glue residue all over the dart (probably due to hot glue).
I don't have any plumbers goop though, so would epoxy be a good alternative?

#82042 Sawed Off 12gadge Airtech

Posted by Arcanum on 18 May 2006 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

To me it looks more like the Maxim Gun then it does a shotty.

Posted Image

#86115 Rpr Turned B.a.r. Finished Edition

Posted by Arcanum on 30 July 2006 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

Haha yeah it still sucks though.

25 feet stock

45 now
^
limited range due to longer barrel for appearance

#86140 Rpr Turned B.a.r. Finished Edition

Posted by Arcanum on 30 July 2006 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

All I was asying is leave nerf guns nerf guns.

It's his opinion...so if thats what he has to contribute so be it. Stop arguing.

#86113 Rpr Turned B.a.r. Finished Edition

Posted by Arcanum on 30 July 2006 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

My apologies for the second thread, but I thought this deserved its own. My first one was just discussion and photos on developmental stages and this is me actually putting it into play.

And so I give you...

The Buzzbee Rapid Fire Rifle
Posted Image

Turned Browning Automatic Rifle

Posted Image

And here is the photo Pat provided for comparison followed by own labels...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just realized I misplaced the handle in that it's over the clip instead of the forearm grip and I don't feel like refinishing everything tonight since I'm leaving for Hawaii tomorrow.
Maybe I'll see Piney :P

Thoughts, comments, anything of the like?

#60276 Rare Darts

Posted by Arcanum on 26 July 2005 - 06:55 PM in General Nerf

They aren't the original larami darts. They are regular stock micros with green foam and an orange tip. When i got my blue sm3000, I was like whoa laramis! But I was shafted.

#49628 Problem With 1/2inch Pvc

Posted by Arcanum on 14 March 2005 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

I didn't know where else to ask this, so I'm gonna ask it here. I'm thinking about modding my blast bazooka. I wish to try a nested brass barrel, this would be my first attempt at a mod like this, so i was thinking...I'm gonna put a small stub of 17/32 brass with coupler around it at the original barrel stub, then nest some 9/16 brass in 1/2" pvc. Do I want schd. 40 or schd. 80 for nested 9/16" because right now all i have is schd. 40...

#50088 Problem With 1/2inch Pvc

Posted by Arcanum on 20 March 2005 - 02:53 PM in Modifications

thanks J_cobbers, I simply sawed off the end cap thing so now it fires both rockets and darts, while my friend knew i had trouble gettin mine open so he tried to dreme...apparently it took like 20 minutes, this took about 30 seconds.

#49926 Problem With 1/2inch Pvc

Posted by Arcanum on 17 March 2005 - 10:30 PM in Modifications

sorry for the beastly amount of questions...my lbb doesn't seem to have that great of an air output when i fire the gun. Nothing like an at2k/sm1500 but im told they get awesome range. Will the air pressure increase from pvc or is mine just defective?

#49632 Problem With 1/2inch Pvc

Posted by Arcanum on 14 March 2005 - 09:40 PM in Modifications

One other question...will nested brass fire stock darts? If so, what kind will they shoot, only sonic darts, yellow stock, or airjet or all types? I know stefans will work but sometimes we don't use stefans for indoor wars

#54788 Potato Cannons

Posted by Arcanum on 13 May 2005 - 02:09 PM in Off Topic

My science project last year and this year focused on trebuchets. Last year I altered the counterweights and this year I altered the projectile. I just returned from the state science fair at University of Illinois and received a Silver Award for my project and report. My friend received two 500 dollar college bonds for her work on water purification, so people take this pretty seriously. If you want to look at some example plans to base yours off of, or simply purchase them, go to trebuchetstore.com and look at the science tennis ball trebuchet. I'll see if I can't get a link.

Edit: http://www.redstonep...t_catapult.html

#54637 Off Topic

Posted by Arcanum on 11 May 2005 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

Question, do nf's fire stock darts with the barrel post removed?

#61363 Nintendo Medley

Posted by Arcanum on 07 August 2005 - 12:52 PM in Off Topic

The last one is Final Fantasy! I'd know that tune ANYWHERE!

#55258 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by Arcanum on 19 May 2005 - 10:58 AM in Off Topic

I honestly don't think xbox will get off to a jump start until halo 3 hits shelves. Sure, Perfect Dark Zero looks like its gonna be popular, but it's just a space filler upper until Halo. I also heard ps3 and halo 3 come out the same day? I don't know. And what is this I hear about downloading games for the revolution, someone explain.

#55201 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by Arcanum on 18 May 2005 - 05:47 PM in Off Topic

That's not a controller port is it?. I thought it was a sensor for the wireless controllers. They might all be wireless...and it looks like they all connect to that one black panel sensor.

#50519 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by Arcanum on 25 March 2005 - 06:01 PM in General Nerf

Good question, but remember how some of the nerf team didn't even know what a crossbow was? I think it's gonna have the same look with a little bit of a change in the internals

#50528 Nested Brass Mods

Posted by Arcanum on 25 March 2005 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

Nice Idea, would that be possible to do an at2k?

#50509 Nested Brass Mods

Posted by Arcanum on 25 March 2005 - 01:54 PM in Modifications

Alright, thanks Talio, but since i already had a single barreled 1500 i decided to re work it. I'll see if i can't get pics up. Its crayola/pvc barreled.

#50521 Nested Brass Mods

Posted by Arcanum on 25 March 2005 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

Alright well, I'm gonna focus more on the crayola/pvc mods cuz im getting awesome results

#50512 Nested Brass Mods

Posted by Arcanum on 25 March 2005 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

I forgot to say, its a breech barrel. You could probably tell from reading the write up, but anyway, the pictures are sweet so as soon as i can get em up, you'll see how mine differs (not that much from falcons).

I also got those ranges without plugging the pump, because on my other one i broke the air tank. I would say this gun is just downright powerful.

#50539 Nested Brass Mods

Posted by Arcanum on 25 March 2005 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

Just stick brass barrels into the stock barrels?
Sorry, its just, I've never seen these before

#50494 Nested Brass Mods

Posted by Arcanum on 25 March 2005 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

Well I have been recently thinking about my guns, and my future use of stefans. I have seen the ranges on a nested brass gun and they look really good. My dream mod would be to have a 17/32" brass stub attached to the air tank with coupler around it, then have 9/16" nested in the pvc, so it would not only nest the brass but pvc as well for extra hold. I was just wondering if you guys had any input on which gun I should be modding. Also, how is it that a sm1500 has never been brassed?

Edit: I don't have the materials to brass right now and I got bored.
Anways, here is the Mod write up for a sm1500 i just did.

First, completely remove the turret after opening up the gun, you won't be needing it (Note: Only do this mod if you are willing to give up a nice turret gun or if you already have one)

Posted Image
Next, directly attach a cleaned out crayola barrel to the air tank.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Now slip on about 2 1/2" of schd. 40 pvc over the crayola and put some 1/2" coupler on it. Your crayola barrel should stick out about 1/2" from the coupler.

Posted Image
Load your dart, stefan or stock, into the crayola barrel.

Posted Image
Now just slap on a 5-6" barrel on the other end of the coupler. The crayola should fit in nicely. I just went outside and range tested, here are the results:

Stock Whistler Micro - 75' flat
loser Micro (stock body, stefan tip) - 90' flat
Unfortunately, I couldn't test my stefans because it just started snowing, I'm goin on spring break too, so I'll get back to you on the stefan range.
My estimate would be around 85-90 feet. This gun is sweet, even though the rof is crap compared to a quad barreled, its hella fun to shoot. A good primary.
Please Note: the coupler comes after the pvc because now it can shoot without the 5-6" barrel, very shotgun like. Then, when wanted, the barrel can be slapped on.