done

10 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image

Im sorry if the image link didnt show up or isnt a link at all. This is my first time trying to post a pic, so bear with me. Anyway, if it did show up, this is my single barreled airtech2000 shotgun. The single barrel has a coupling glued behind the stup on the airtank and the 8 inch barrel slides in there. The outer 1 and a half inch barrel is just to make it look more shotgunish. Then I glued on extra stefan holders. And yay, this shotgun also doubles as a long range single shot gun! Yaaaaaay! It gets ranges like any other single barreled airtech 2000 gets but I just made it look neat so I thought I'd post it.

Ompa Edit: I fixed your tags for you, go ahead and check it out for future reference.

Edited by ompa, 18 May 2006 - 10:07 PM.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#2 warx

warx

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:54 PM

Sorry if this is naive, but what exactly makes it a shotgun, rather than a regular AT2k?
The perfect signature does not exsist.

#3 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:04 PM

Nothing exept the fact that I use it to shove multiple dart into and when I fire, it splits the shots, like a shotgun.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#4 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

Is it actually 12-gauge, as in 1/12lb stefans?
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#5 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

Nothing exept the fact that I use it to shove multiple dart into and when I fire, it splits the shots, like a shotgun.

A shotgun is just a type of gun, rounds that spread like that are a buckshot. Shotguns can fire slugs too...

But anyway, cute mod, it does have that shotgun flare to it with that barrel. Does the wider barrel fit snug in the AT2K? You ought to try and paint it if you get a chance.

-DA

#6 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:47 PM

I think if you recut the dart holders and made them all the same size and sanded down the larger piece of pvc so it looks straight it would greatly enhance the look of the blaster. Also what is that icky black stuff all over the blaster?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#7 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:04 PM

Haha. No, this gun only fires stefans (damnit!). And this should answer two of the questions I've had. The black junk on it is what remains of my last paint job. It turned out horrable because I dont know how to paint an object. And I didn't have much time to make the ammo holders even, my little 3 year old brother was home and I had the glue gun on inside (I cut outside). And as for the PVC fitting snug, it fits perfectly onto the seconed set of rings, I dont know what to call them, when looking into the case. Any more questions?

Edit:If I sanded down the wider barrel, then it's angle would not be the same as the firing barrel inside and my aim would be compleatly off. Like I said, this gun wasn't ment for looks, exept for the extra barrel and the ammo holders. I am focusing on getting a good primary now rather than making a sweet looking gun. I'll make somthing like boltsniper is doing in like hmmm........maby 400 years or so?

Edited by Nerfnewbie, 18 May 2006 - 07:18 PM.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#8 Arcanum

Arcanum

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:33 PM

To me it looks more like the Maxim Gun then it does a shotty.

Posted Image
Universtiy of Illinois Fighting Illini

#9 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

The correct term would be 'Buckshot' -The idea of stuffing multiple darts down a barrel.- Shotgun doesn't equal mulitple shots. It has its choice of a slug, which is used to blast down doors; And buckshot, the muli-shot system your going for. And ANY long barreled Nerf gun can do that.

This has been brought tp you by,
MY boredom

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:22 PM

That's coming from the King of buckshot, by the way. Seijin, I HATE (with a CAPITAL "H") your freaking LBB's...

Anyway, I've never seen someone put such a large piece of PVC on their 2k. It looks pretty neat, actually...

It's certainly unique! And at a war, you'll NEVER mix up your singled 2k with anybopdy else's singled 2k (because they're EVERYWHERE these days...)

Nice job!
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#11 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:54 AM

[quote]And at a war, you'll NEVER mix up your singled 2k with anybopdy else's[quote]

That was actualy part of the reason I did this. Everyone wants to be a sharpshooter and is getting single guns, thinking they're going to pick off people at one hundred feet. I was sick of it, so I gave my gun a more close-range flare. And Falcon, I would just like to take this chance to congradulate you on your split-tech. Also Seijin, what did you do to your LBBs?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users