Jangadance's Content

There have been 620 items by Jangadance (Search limited from 20-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#96611 Anyone Ever See This Gun Before?

Posted by Jangadance on 15 December 2006 - 03:33 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, looks like it works like the Chainblazer / Rototrack then.

Except the hawt alternating dual barrel system. That's fun, wonder if you could replace the spring and get some sort of respectable range out of it... maybe short CPVC 1/2" barrel replacements like you'd do in an old school Nerf chain?

#96610 Like That Scene In Lord Of The Rings

Posted by Jangadance on 15 December 2006 - 03:28 PM in News

Yeah, helpful admin functions like "remembering one's own password".

Haha, just giving you shit Talio, good to see you back on the forums. As Gandalf would say, ""I come back to you at the turning of the tide!"

#96305 Anyone Ever See This Gun Before?

Posted by Jangadance on 11 December 2006 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Instead of their being a trigger, you just pull the handle back to fire, then push it forward to rotate the barrels and reprime the gun.

Sounds more like a Chainblazer / Rototrack to me... is there a spring that powers it or is it pnuematic? Orange?

#96124 Maxshot Questions

Posted by Jangadance on 08 December 2006 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

You can just put a dab of hot glue in those 2 spots (one on each side of the case) it works just as well as putting a piece of plastic in there. When hot glue hardens, it's practically plastic anyways. It's just to hold the trigger on an axis so you can depress it enough to fire the gun. Definately make sure the cocking arm is down when you pull the trigger though...

Reinforcing any part of that beast is gonna be a full scale effort. The plunger tube is often the first part to break, as the spring pulverizes it with the pounding it recieves. Sometimes the gun just explodes and breaks in half, but I'm not sure how you'd prevent such a catastrophe. Enjoy your MS (Magstrike doesn't deserve the title, it's a PC remake dammit).

-_-

#94337 Jangadance's Armory: Video

Posted by Jangadance on 13 November 2006 - 05:52 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the feedback, fellows.

Not planning on selling anything (yet) but I'll probably sell to the Minnesota fellows first because I hate shipping and other extraneous efforts like getting an eBay sellers license. Well, my roommate finally decided to throw this un-edited video on Google so that's why I'm posting, there's other things I'd like to share but we'll see if I get around to it.

P.S. Pulsators melt faces, I have like 4.

#94280 Jangadance's Armory: Video

Posted by Jangadance on 12 November 2006 - 08:43 PM in General Nerf

http://video.google....311907293311762

JANGADANCE'S NERF ARMORY

There's a video my roommate took a year ago or something, they came back with me to Minneapolis during a college break to see my arsenal, and he brought his camera so we improvised a little introduction. We kept the camera rolling so there's some other tid-bits such as:
  • hanging out in my basement
  • innapropriate use of hot glue
  • firing one of my mods I haven't posted yet, my Razorbeast bolt-action rifle
  • witty quips
  • a NERF brand hat

#90176 Request: Supermaxx 250 Internals

Posted by Jangadance on 22 September 2006 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

#87956 Another Mn Nerf War

Posted by Jangadance on 21 August 2006 - 05:25 AM in Nerf Wars

No problem, me and Carrtoon will talk once he moves into his dorm and then online we'll all plot out a good weekend for a Minnesota war, and we'll grab EVERYONE. Sounds like a no-go for Monday.

#87830 Another Mn Nerf War

Posted by Jangadance on 19 August 2006 - 04:51 PM in Nerf Wars

What's new, all? Any word on Monday working for anyone else?

#87781 Another Mn Nerf War

Posted by Jangadance on 18 August 2006 - 03:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I suppose it's late notice, but I only found out recently...

I'll be back in the Twin Cities tomorrow (Sunday) if I can manage, staying until Monday or Tuesday. Let me know if anyone will be up for some MN Nerf.

#87162 Apoc 2006 Recap

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2006 - 04:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I remember who Matt was. He kept asking me how the video looked.

To answer your question Matt, it looks great.

Nooo, EVIL cut off all his lustrous, beautiful hair! Now the Nerf Community has no one to look up to for their hair rolemodel!

The war sounds like it was a fuckin' blast, I definately need to be out there during one of those. Maybe we'll do a CARRpool sometime in the next year or two, from Minnesota. Nerf on, my East Coast bretheren...

#86696 If You Could Bring Back Any Nerf Gun

Posted by Jangadance on 07 August 2006 - 01:44 PM in General Nerf

How recently was the Perceptor released?

Posted Image

Anyways, I would re-release the Splitfire pistol, because that's just about the only gun I don't have. ;)

I'm guessing the 6-year rule is because those are the only guns Nerf still has the patent and/or molds for...

#86326 Another Mn Nerf War

Posted by Jangadance on 02 August 2006 - 03:42 PM in Nerf Wars

For now I am only going to ban one gun: the Titan

Thank god, at least I can bring my single barreled brass Big Bad Titan I got at Target.

Just kidding, I haven't got the single pack, or found it at Target, OR even modded my original N-Strike.

But, I'm down for a war, let me check my work schedule when I get back to Winona and I'll let you know. Carrtoon, what about you?

#86296 M.i.n.w.a.p.

Posted by Jangadance on 02 August 2006 - 03:24 AM in Nerf Wars

Never underestimate a well-orchestrated ballgun rush!

Looks like a fun war Piney, glad we're both getting our share of foam'ns. Good eats!

#85984 Final Details: No Spam/spano

Posted by Jangadance on 29 July 2006 - 04:17 AM in Nerf Wars

I guess we're leaving at 7:00 AM and I'm just thinking about sleeping now (4:15 AM).

Wish me luck I suppose...!

Carrtoon, I'll see you then.

#85915 Final Details: No Spam/spano

Posted by Jangadance on 28 July 2006 - 02:24 AM in Nerf Wars

Carrtoon has been so kind as to provide me a ride, so I'll be in the Twin Cities for the start of the war with him.

My friends will show up when they get done opening the store they work at, there should be 1-3 of them.

I'm pumped guys, glad we got this through.

#85613 Minnesota Nerf War: No Spam/spano

Posted by Jangadance on 24 July 2006 - 04:49 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna try to get a ride with Carrtoon up to the Twin Cities. I can have 1 or 2 friends in Minneapolis join in on the fun too.

#84252 Minnesota Nerf War: No Spam/spano

Posted by Jangadance on 03 July 2006 - 11:37 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll try to keep it on my calendar and bring 2-3 friends. Looks good.

#80917 Janga's New Halo 2 Video!

Posted by Jangadance on 27 April 2006 - 09:07 PM in Off Topic

http://csclub.winona...bs/videos/halo/

Posted Image

Go there, it's the computer science club website at my college. They are hosting it temporarily before the webmaster at www.halo2forum.com gets it online.

My new montage is the one titled "Gauss (with credits)". 'Skillz' is a friend of ours who has a few videos on the CS club server, and "No Bodies Real" is our old Warthog montage.

So go to that directory, download G4USS and tell me what you think!

(P.S. I'm the gunner, Nervous is the driver, and our other roommate daPILL is the passenger)

#78999 Angels Bbb

Posted by Jangadance on 06 April 2006 - 12:22 PM in Modifications

Me in my favorite mask shooting the BBB

Oh thank god, I felt really awkward because I was gonna post saying "nice mod, are you a monster?" That's a freaky ass mask. Is that your real hair too?

#78867 College, Etc.

Posted by Jangadance on 05 April 2006 - 03:57 PM in Off Topic

I've heard great stuff about Lawrence from my cousin, and also about Steven's Point from some good friends. Saint Mary's in Winona has a very good music production program, best one for a Minnesota college I believe. U of M is a good school, anyone who goes there and is ready for a big city rush will enjoy it... but as far as small state schools go, Winona is the best I've found and a great value.

I don't know what I want to do when I graduate, I still have rock star aspirations... great music by the way, Kirby. Hopefully I can catch you guys performing sometime.

#78837 College, Etc.

Posted by Jangadance on 05 April 2006 - 03:34 AM in Off Topic

Jangadance, do you have fellow nerfers in Winona? What are you majoring in?

There are a few guys here who would be interested, but not many serious modders or aficionados. I know that about 30 guys on my floor bought old model Nite Finders ($4 at Fleet Farm, woot!) to play Assassins with, but I'm not sure what sort of "war" I could scrap together. My major is Communication Studies with a Music minor. The campus is top notch, best I've found in Minnesota. Saint Mary's is a great school; a bit expensive, but to be honest I was hoping eventually I would take some classes over there.

Anyways, any other questions you guys can feel free to IM or PM me. Keep me posted on Nerf activities in the area too.

#78775 College, Etc.

Posted by Jangadance on 04 April 2006 - 07:29 PM in Off Topic

I'm finally moving into a house near campus this summer, I think I'll leave the majority of my Nerf stuff at my parents' place in Minneapolis though.

I go to www.winona.edu a Minnesota State college. It's a really great, small college town 2 hours south on the Mississippi. Literally, it's so close to Wisconsin that when I go running I run the bridge to Wisconsin and back. And on the back side of campus, there are these beautiful bluffs... hiking and climbing is a blast. Winona's biggest programs are Teaching and Nursing (Mayo Clinic in Rochester is about 30-45 mins away). Most importantly, it's about a 30/70 ratio of guys to girls. <_<

#78016 Semi-automatic 12 Shot Bbb

Posted by Jangadance on 29 March 2006 - 07:16 AM in Modifications

Back with the SSPB's taped to the side, I thought it was kind of jury-rigged but nonetheless progressive and inspiring. Your new, streamlined design is definately very sexy, a whole new way to think about clips. How easy is reloading that thing?

#77697 Pump Action Breech

Posted by Jangadance on 26 March 2006 - 04:36 PM in Homemades

Very good breech, I'm especially excited about attaching the pipe clamp to the brass, I couldn't think of a way to do that properly before seeing this pictorial.

#77600 That What I Love About High School Girls...

Posted by Jangadance on 25 March 2006 - 10:12 PM in Off Topic

Wow, blast from the past. How are things?

#77429 Farmageddon Planning Thread

Posted by Jangadance on 24 March 2006 - 05:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, set up a date and I'll try to get work off that day.

Sounds like fun.

#75199 What Gun Is This?

Posted by Jangadance on 04 March 2006 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

ALL the Supermaxx 3000's have wide pumps (which gives them too much surface area for the air pressure to push against) and weak pump handles. This blue version is possibly the worst case of this, but it is commonly agreed that Yellow > Blue > Green. If you don't know the difference, check out the Nerf Center reviews page.

Anyways, doesn't it say Supermaxx 3000 on the sticker on the yellow faux air tank?

#73430 Ultimator Mods

Posted by Jangadance on 18 February 2006 - 03:15 AM in Modifications

Nice double post.

No one mods the Ultimator to shoot smaller darts because that's not what the Ultimator is for... you use it if you want your enemies to think "wtf who just threw a shoe at me?" (GunnedDown) The ammo size is the key ingredient, not to mention the badass feel of the thing.

The Maximizer (little brother of the Mattel Ultimator) also used a racheting cocking system that was copied for use on the Max Shot. Interestingly, the Mattel blasters were the only 2 that I can think of that used an expansion spring rather than a compression spring to power it.

Posted Image

edit: just buy a $7 Super Soaker if you want to have to "pump" a big powerful gun to prime it. Just to satiate your curiosity, you could use a series of coupler reductors to fit PVC over the barrel. No, you CANNOT cut down the Ultimator barrel at all. The expansion spring stretches all the way from the tip of the barrel.

#72566 My Paratrooper Rifle

Posted by Jangadance on 07 February 2006 - 03:36 AM in Modifications

*Bzzzz* Definately an XP 105.

I don't know why people feel the need to wrap everything in tape, especially so unevenly. I'd almost rather see the holes that the water tanks used to attach to. Or, try cleanly salvaging plastic (with a dremel) from a different project and hot gluing it on. I do like the general SHAPE of the gun however.

To use your images on this forum, just click the "IMG" button when you're typing a post, and enter the URL in the window.

#72106 Sawtooth Mod: Big Clip

Posted by Jangadance on 02 February 2006 - 04:31 AM in Modifications

Next you'll need to coax even decent spring-pistol range out of that sucker, then I'll be pleased.

The Sawtooth has a small plunger tube and poor seals, not to mention the spring is mediocre at best. I hope you're getting good performance from it now, it looks good and the larger clip would make it more useful in battle.

#71993 Supermaxx 5000 "roadblocker"

Posted by Jangadance on 31 January 2006 - 01:30 PM in Modifications

Large ammo for the win... if you can manage to get a blaster to shoot it with decent range, it's worth it in my book. Just for the enjoyable sensation of thwumping someone with them. Nice looking SM5k too, good job Piney.

#71382 Plastidip Grips?

Posted by Jangadance on 21 January 2006 - 03:32 AM in Modifications

The Bondo that I use is mostly for repairing fiberglass, such as with autobody and snowboards. I've used it already for both of these, but it has universal applications. Its consistency is gloopy like peanut butter. I know it's real easy to apply, mold and sand and I've used it to seal holes cut in blaster cases from modding. I recommend it if you want a fairly cheap, simple product and you don't mind spending some time perfecting it.

#71250 Anyone Still Have Wing Commander 1?

Posted by Jangadance on 19 January 2006 - 03:54 PM in Off Topic

Wing Commander was the game that opened up my eyes to the wonders of non-console gaming. Although it felt like the only other thing out those days was the NES, I didn't realize I could enjoy a PC game so much. I don't remember the SNES port being very good, and I would have a hard time trying to get the old WC to run on these new computers. Good luck though, if you find a source post it. You could always buy it on eBay for a couple bucks.

edit: what a great excuse to break out those obsolete oldschool joysticks?

#71008 Janga's Halo 2 Warthog Montage

Posted by Jangadance on 14 January 2006 - 06:28 PM in Off Topic

Hey guys, here at college we've been doing not a whole lot of Nerf but a lot of gaming. This is me and my roommate Nervous Ninja's first video, displaying some cool clips from games where we ride around together in the hog, our speciality. It's 60 megs and I hope you like it. We decided to keep it on just the new levels Terminal and Relic for now, so I dubbed it Termanalic. Tell me what you think.

(right click save as if you want to watch it off your harddrive)

Posted Image

#70399 Lanard Discussion

Posted by Jangadance on 04 January 2006 - 05:44 AM in General Nerf

That is definately a remake of the Nerf Gyrostrike which came out fall of 2001. Nerf's patent must have run out or something, leaving the design open for other companies to use it to create their own products.

Image copyright TeamNC.

Posted Image

#69887 Nerfhaven In The Press!

Posted by Jangadance on 26 December 2005 - 04:29 PM in General Nerf

They picked the best/worst picture ever to dEffeminatet a Nerfer.

At least the pic he got was someone older than 15, no offense to the young'ns that probably flesh out a good chunk of the NIC. It's a good thing to emphasize that people of all ages can enjoy Nerfing. In any case, I'm still waiting for the SA goons to find this community.

Posted Image

#69811 Problems With Brass

Posted by Jangadance on 24 December 2005 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

Inner diameter... add 1/64" to get the OD, is that correct?

#69365 4b - The Bacon Bow (semi-automatic Bbb)

Posted by Jangadance on 16 December 2005 - 11:45 PM in Modifications

How can you aim at all with an opaque tower of darts right in front of your line of site?

Posted Image
It's even with the top of the blaster... you don't need to use the sights to aim a BBB anyhow.

I really like this mod, it was something I wanted to work on for my BBB - the brass of course is essential because it has such a thin wall size so that after 1 dart drops in, the bolt closes over the brass and seals it without pinching the next dart. I agree with Suave though, this general concept was working 3 years ago or so with the original release of the BBB... except that person was using a crude system of PVC and wooden rails attached to the back handle I think. Sending the metal rod into the internals to attach to the piece that moves was a great idea, probably the single thing I'm impressed most with if this works. Why did you say "use music wire in the future", PissBacon? Great work again. I too would like to see how durable this is when it all dries, range test it, and see a video of the mechanisms.

#69015 Unreal Tournament Motherfucker,

Posted by Jangadance on 11 December 2005 - 03:02 AM in Off Topic

Watching The Rock right now...

I've got UT2k4, will find the original UT if you want.