This is the breech as it was before.
And the underside. The only difference from what I did before is that the 9/16" brass by the breech is a lot longer before it hits the 17/32" brass, about 2" (the length of my darts). It works well pump style, but the problem was how to attach something to that pipe clamp. The clamp and the endcap were key.
One inch thinwall to the rescue. I cut a rectangle in some PVC with would allow the clamp to sit inside it. The other part of the equation that I don't show here is the .25" section of endcap that I cut off to act as a guide. That section sits on the breech between the breech opening and the pipe clamp opening, and I installed it after putting on the thinwall.
One the hole was in place, I used two lengths of heavy ziptie going across the hole to press against the pipe clamp and keep it solid. I glued it in place.
Here's how the breech looks when open.
And closed. I made the 1" long enough so that it comes up to the end of the SNAP-1 PC. If I wanted to be cosmetic about it, I suppose I could drill a pattern of holes in the breech shroud and make it look like a Sterling. I could add the clip back on by cutting a hole in the shroud so it can pass by a clip. But for right now, it's a lot of fun to play with.
Edited by Carbon, 21 February 2008 - 10:02 PM.