Ultimator Mods

2 replies to this topic

#1 Spider-Waffle

Spider-Waffle

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:20 AM

Has anyone modded the ultimator?

Also, is the ultimator the only spring powered nerf-type gun which wasn't designed to have the spring pulled back all at once?

Edited by Spider-Waffle, 14 February 2006 - 07:13 AM.

#2 Spider-Waffle

Spider-Waffle

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:24 AM

I thinking it'd be neat to mod it so you could pull back the spring all at once with some muscle, might require use of legs :) One of the problem with it's accuracy is that the missiles aren't of the best quality and fins aren't very straight, also with a blunt missile going that fast it's kind of like throwing a knuckle ball.

#3 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:15 AM

Nice double post.

No one mods the Ultimator to shoot smaller darts because that's not what the Ultimator is for... you use it if you want your enemies to think "wtf who just threw a shoe at me?" (GunnedDown) The ammo size is the key ingredient, not to mention the badass feel of the thing.

The Maximizer (little brother of the Mattel Ultimator) also used a racheting cocking system that was copied for use on the Max Shot. Interestingly, the Mattel blasters were the only 2 that I can think of that used an expansion spring rather than a compression spring to power it.

Posted Image

edit: just buy a $7 Super Soaker if you want to have to "pump" a big powerful gun to prime it. Just to satiate your curiosity, you could use a series of coupler reductors to fit PVC over the barrel. No, you CANNOT cut down the Ultimator barrel at all. The expansion spring stretches all the way from the tip of the barrel.

Edited by Jangadance, 18 February 2006 - 03:23 AM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users