puggy's Content

There have been 104 items by puggy (Search limited from 11-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#96250 How To Make Smoke Bombs

Posted by puggy on 10 December 2006 - 08:28 PM in Off Topic

Stump remover is 99% ptassium nitrate so.....yeah, it works great. It usually takes around 20-30 minutes to get it to turn brown. You can get it to turn faster if you use higher heat but then you have a major risk of it catching and you can easily burn it which maked it's performance drop greatly.

#96243 How To Make Smoke Bombs

Posted by puggy on 10 December 2006 - 07:29 PM in Off Topic

Actually I got it from unitednuclear.com, their guide has clearer pictures than mine does.

#96239 How To Make Smoke Bombs

Posted by puggy on 10 December 2006 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

*** DICLAIMER*** I am not responsible for your actions, you should be aware at all times that these are dangerous if use incorrectly and may lead to injury or possibly even death! You are trying this at your own risk!***DISLAIMER***

Now that that's out of the way. This thread will tell you how to make smokebombs.

Materials Needed

Lighter
Stove
Large pot able to be put on the stove
Wooden Spoon
Sugar
Measuring Cup
Tree Stump Remover (can be found in Lowe's and Walmart in the garden section)(Potassium Nitrate/saltpeter will also work since it's the same thing)
Hammer

Optional
Fuse

Posted Image
Not all materials listed are in the picture.

How to make

Open your Stump Remover and put about 1 and 1 half cups of it in the measuring cup.
Posted Image

Now, add about a cup of sugar to it.
Posted Image

Now you want to pour the contents into the pot and stir it up good and even.

Than you put it on the stove and put it on Medium-High Heat.
Posted Image

Keep sturring the contents slowly every 30 seconds or so, if you stir it too fast some could go ove the edge of the pot and onto the stove and catch fire!

Over the next many minutes it will start to form clumps, this is what you want, keep sturring.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, once it gets peanut butter looking and thick like in the picture below take the pot off the stove and take it outside.
Posted Image

Now, take your spoon and scoop out several amal clumps onto the concrete or road or whatever. You could form them all into one huge clump also.
Posted Image
Now, if you have any fuse stick it in the clump while it's still hot, you don't have to use fuse but it's safer that way.

Now, wait about 30 minutes until the stuff is cool and give tham a small knock with a hammer and you will be able to pick them right up. Npw your ready to light them, just light the fuse if you have any but if you don't, hold the lighter up to the edge of the clump for about 10-20 seconds, it will catch fire, just have patienece.
Posted Image

Personally, lighting it all on fire at once is amazing and spectacular, the smoke cloud is huge! I definately reccomend doing that.

NOTE, don't try to cook an insane amount at once, we tried that and as I said it caught fire and we had to paint our walls, get a new stove, and replace the kichen floor.

Enjoy.

EDIT:Last 2 pics don't work for some reason, but just copy and paste them to see the smoke bomb in action!

Here's the last 2 pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Note that that was just one small lump of that stuff, all of it at once is so amazing though.

#96215 Nerf Emplacement Cannon 3

Posted by puggy on 10 December 2006 - 01:31 PM in Homemades

You do realize that the piston valve will most certainly blow out your waits unless you use rigid projectiles? You may want to consider if you really need all that power. I'd personally stick with a modded sprinkler valve. Also, how big are you planning to build the chamber?

-Butt

Yeah, if your making this gun how big I think your going to make it, that piston valve will blow the shit out af a nerf rocket. You will definately need to think about a sabot, unless your using like 20-30 psi for your shots. How big is the chamber?

#96195 Ghetto Homemade Bb Machine Gun

Posted by puggy on 10 December 2006 - 12:08 AM in Off Topic

Sorry for the crappy post, I was in a hurry and was not in a thinking mood. I apologize. Like I said before, really cool. nice design. One question though... How good does it feel in your hands?

Meiser5---B)

It feels pretty good, not the best though, the fire extinguisher is scratched and it scrapes up may hands a little, the trigger could be a tad longer also.

#96170 Ghetto Homemade Bb Machine Gun

Posted by puggy on 09 December 2006 - 05:17 PM in Off Topic

For shits and giggles.

#96158 Ghetto Homemade Bb Machine Gun

Posted by puggy on 09 December 2006 - 02:57 PM in Off Topic

I finished my ghetto BBMG today. If you don't know what they are their homemade guns that shoot bbs at a high rate of speed. Their are two types of BBMG's, clod and vortex. Mine is a cloud since it's easier to make. Here's a link to more info on these because I don't want to spend an hour typing it out myself. http://www.spudfiles...=BB_machine_gun

The cloud chamber is a small nutmeg container. It can hold about 200 beads, since I don't have any metal or airsoft bbs, I used regular beads from the craft section. The barrel is just a straw. The air source is a fire extinguisher. It holds like a P90 and has the same handle like one I guess. It's small but powerful for it's size. Sadly, the bbs go about 70 ft. and then start taking sharp curve's every which way. I'm guessing it gets about 20-35 beads per second.
Since the fire extinguisher has a special nozzle, I can get about 7 full seconds of airflow on a single charge, that's enough to empty the chamber.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here's a video of where I shred paper to bits, remember, it's only paper so It was a pretty weak target.
Posted Image
(Click the image/video to go to the link)
I still had about half a chamber left of bbs and only used some of the air up. Here's how many bbs went into the target.
Posted Image

#95361 Nerf Emplacement Cannon Ii

Posted by puggy on 26 November 2006 - 03:50 PM in Homemades

What are you using for a valve? Looks like either a piston valve or a burst disk...

#94546 Holiday Raffle

Posted by puggy on 15 November 2006 - 07:53 PM in General Nerf

#93857 Over Under Cannon

Posted by puggy on 07 November 2006 - 06:16 PM in Off Topic

Finished an over under cannon. The chamber is one and a half feet of 2" pipe. Valve is 3/4" modded sprinkler valve. The barrel is 3/4" also. This thing is powerful. I filled it up with water and it violently jerked my arm back. It's loud too, I painted it black with a clear coat but the clear coat made it look like crap. It had a red dot cheap scope thing on it but it fell off .

There is really even no point in attempting to try to shoot a nerf dart out of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh yeah I have a video of it dry firing.

Sadly, it doesn't have a removable barrel. But 5/8" wooden dowel rods fit almost prfectly in it with a small layer of tape.

#91420 I'm Pissed

Posted by puggy on 07 October 2006 - 09:55 AM in Off Topic

My mom doesn't really give a damn about what I do as long as I don't hurt anyone. But my dad is always on my back. He checks every single little thing I do on this computer. He has probably read every little post I make. Whenever I get in trouble he tries to pin the sites I go to on me, like explosives and stuff. Hell, he knows more about Boltsniper than I do. I think it's pretty sick. I know that he will read this post sometime later today. I think I will save for a PSP and then get a wireless internet adapter put in my house. Then I'll access all the sites I want to! He won't be able to check because I can do whatever I want with my stuff. He won't be able to take it because it rightfully belongs to me, they always go by the rule "buy it with your own money and you can do whatever you want with it." Ha, I now know that I can win. Don't let your dad win, fight him every chance you can. Thats what I do. Oh, and don't hide stuff in your house, He WILL most likely find it. So, in conclusion, everyone's dad is weird in a sick kind of way, especially mine, don't let him win. Have a nice day.

#90442 Sprinkler Valve

Posted by puggy on 25 September 2006 - 05:24 AM in Homemades

Even if you did find a way to attach a Co2 tank to it. Most valves are rated only up to 125-140 psi. You'll blow it up in an instant. Plus Co2 makes PVC brittle because of it's extreme coldness.

Oh, throw that damn solenoid away. Modding it opens it a hell of a lot faster than the solenoid. If you mod it, you'll be happy you did. Jist ask DavidBowie about it.

Oh yeah, SpudFiles is teh uyber awesomeness site! So is BCvids.com, you can buy Golf Ball Barrels!

#90374 Sprinkler Valve

Posted by puggy on 24 September 2006 - 08:07 PM in Homemades

No, they don't.

#90362 Mythbusters

Posted by puggy on 24 September 2006 - 06:59 PM in General Nerf

We are not done with this topic. You have been around here long enough to know what happens when a topic like this is posted. You should think about it for a while, no dart has enough force to stop someone's heart. It would be interesting to see, but....no. Why don't you just email mythbusters and ask them before you come over here. You knew what was going to happen. You just want attention so that you can raise your self esteem. So.....chill out!

#89981 Feg

Posted by puggy on 18 September 2006 - 07:35 PM in Homemades

FEH (Fire Extingisher Gun).

Although this is very simple it is very powerful and very effective.
Most credit goes to a guy over at spudfiles.com for this idea. I just remade it and put a barrel on it.
It is a cheap 7.00$ fire extinguisher I bought a walmart. This extinguisher has a screw on top so a schrader valve can be put in it. I put the schrader valve in it, screwed on the top and tested it to 90 PSI. It had a monster kick to it, but the guage didn't even budge. The guy on spudfiles said it could go to 200 psi. I got a bike pump and practically had to jump on the pump to move the pressure guage. But eventually it said "full." I'm guessing I got it up to around 150 psi. I'm guessing, I heard it was almost physically impossible to pump after 120 psi. Well, now I have a powerful air source, but what to do with it? I filled it up with water and it made a killer super soaker but it got boring after a while. So, I put a barrel on it an voila! A medium sized gun capable of 7 shots at around 90-100 ft. flat for each dart. Sometimes though I press down the button to long and waste air. ut This is all I would ever need in a war. But I don't go to wars.
Posted Image
Schrader Valve.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#89976 W19 Loser

Posted by puggy on 18 September 2006 - 07:06 PM in Homemades

Only 2 weeks. And that was because I only had to get a sprinkler valve. Well, the blowgun won't work because it is screwed up, but this friday I have to buy a pump so I will get another one.

#89953 W19 Loser

Posted by puggy on 18 September 2006 - 05:06 PM in Homemades

I can just point the gun up. The gun isn't that fragile, it's way stronger than it looks. All pipe are sch. 40 so I think they are good up to 400 PSI. The fittings aren't DWV, so their pressure rated. I think I'm safe for now.

#89936 W19 Loser

Posted by puggy on 18 September 2006 - 05:24 AM in Homemades

Yes, it's a one shot thing, that is a downside to it. It won't fit stefans. It will only fit stock micro's and mega stefans. Because I am too cheap to go out and buy stuff to make mega's. I am trying to find alternatives.
I might be able to get a titan mislle to go over 150 ft.

#89904 W19 Loser

Posted by puggy on 17 September 2006 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

Thats my basement!

When we first moved in it was really creepy because it was all ampty and the pipes were rusted and there was cobwebs, dead bugs. And the smell. It also had green and white mold everywhere.

#89895 W19 Loser

Posted by puggy on 17 September 2006 - 05:46 PM in Homemades

It's not crooked, it just looks that way in the pics. The gun isn't really used for nerf unless I can find a dart to withstand it's power.

Edit: What mask?

#89886 W19 Loser

Posted by puggy on 17 September 2006 - 05:08 PM in Homemades

Here is my W19 snip.er rifle. I uses a modded sprinkler valve. The chamber is 1" sch. 40 pvc. The stock is also part of the chamber. People say it's dangerous but I don't think it is. The range with stock micros is 10-15 ft. depending on the wind. This is because the gun literally rips the dart bodies in half. I will shoot anything that will fit down the barrel(marbles). I'm sure the range will be around 500-600 ft, because that's how much my ball valve gun gets. It has a 4 ft. long 1/2" sch. 40 barrel. The peice that spreads the chamber from the barrel is just a peice of wood. I painted it flat black. It looks pretty real now that the bipod is on it. Since the gun is heavy as hell I thought a bipod is necessary. There will be a scope that won't be for looks either, I actually plan on using it. I will be putting a scope, strap, silencer that works, and a grip to house the blowgun/trigger. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This thing is about 53 inches long, that's bigger than my kick ass spudzooka!!!
Posted Image

In the pics the barrel looks bent. It's not really.

Edit: haha, they changer snip.er into loser

#88101 My Version Of The Scar-n

Posted by puggy on 23 August 2006 - 05:30 AM in Homemades

You didn't use a AR15 spring for the main spring did you?

#88022 Double Shot Idea...no More Shells

Posted by puggy on 21 August 2006 - 08:27 PM in Modifications

I no longer have it but I know that the seals sucked so much. Put some more o rings on it, maybe some stronger springs? I put a zip ie on the thing, it pulled back nicely for about 20 tries, then It would snap and I would have to put a new one on.
The barrels where 3" long, 1/2" CPVC.
It might be the vinyl tubing, rip those tubes out and put a large diameter tubing in there.

#88005 Double Shot Idea...no More Shells

Posted by puggy on 21 August 2006 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

Is this what you mean?
Posted Image
I did that a long time ago, I don't know if it was the seal or whatever but the ranged still sucked ass (35-40ft.)

#87364 How Fast Can You Run A Mile?

Posted by puggy on 14 August 2006 - 05:05 AM in Off Topic

I haven't ran all summer. But I usually "jog" to my friends house thats about 1 1/2 miles away and it takes me about 11 minutes. But once I got 9.something on my stopwatch.

#87120 Sad Day

Posted by puggy on 11 August 2006 - 09:07 AM in General Nerf

My local target (45 minutes away) Has disappointed me twice at one time. I remember when I first went their a long time ago and I got the at2k twin packs and was very happy. Like 4 months later I go their with about 35 dollars. I was going to buy 3 twinpacks for an upcoming small war. I looked, looked, and looked some more. I didn't see them so I asked a guy where te nerf section was and he said they stopped carrying nerf a long time ago.

#86740 Definatly Something...

Posted by puggy on 07 August 2006 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

Ooooohhhh, oooooohhhhhhh. I have that valve, you got it out of a soa max fusion defender super soaker or something similar. They are spring loaded and open instantly. They are almost as good as a sprinkler valve. That is a nice gun over all. I know that grip isn't too uncomfortable because the Defender super soaker has one just like it. You should put a schrader valve on there also. That way if you buy a co2 bike tire inflator. You can fill it almost instantly, because 100 pumps takes an insanley long amount of time. 20 takes a lot of time also.

#86577 Crossbow Adhesive?!

Posted by puggy on 05 August 2006 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

PVC cement might work?

#86234 Homemade Problems

Posted by puggy on 01 August 2006 - 07:14 AM in Homemades

You're building a bolt for the FAR!

I already have so your lucky.
[img]http://[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/puggy55/10a29377.jpg[/img][/img]
[img]http://[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/puggy55/3b430d29.jpg[/img][/img]
[img]http://[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/puggy55/0078de8f.jpg[/img][/img]

Don't use foam discs!!!!!

I had to rebuild the bolt using o-rings.
[img]http://[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f12/puggy55/193ee10d.jpg[/img][/img]

Sorry I can't be more detailed, I am going to the beach in 3, 2, 1,............out.

#86188 Friend Codes?

Posted by puggy on 31 July 2006 - 03:54 PM in Off Topic

Actually, the best place to find hundreds of codes is to go to http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/.

You can also find some cheap ass games on there.

#86079 Banding Magstrikes Bladder

Posted by puggy on 30 July 2006 - 02:00 PM in Modifications

Why not just cut up a bike inner-tube and put it on the bladder?

#85925 Cool Find

Posted by puggy on 28 July 2006 - 09:29 AM in General Nerf

I was looking through some google stuff and found this http://gadgetstv.com/tt460.html and thought it was cool. It says it shoots 150 feet. I am considering getting one and just wanted to let you folks know about it.

Those are on backyardartillery.com too. I was going to buy one then I backed out. It would hurt to be hit by a platic sawblade type thing though.

#85538 Razor Zing Shot

Posted by puggy on 23 July 2006 - 09:51 AM in General Nerf

That would be surical tubing. You can get it a lowes for 1.44 per foot. I got 4 feet of it to make a water balloon slingshot but never got around to it.

#85447 Zoom

Posted by puggy on 20 July 2006 - 11:47 PM in Off Topic

The games they made up (or were submitted, whatever) were so damned retarded.
Why did everything have to involve popsicle sticks or paper cups?

honestly?

So kids wouldn't hurt themselves. Zoom sucks! I hate that show. It was retarded and I can't believe parents let their kids watch that that shit. It would teach the kids to be kids and live with their moms till the're 40. They would be afraid of germs and knives and they'd still be virgins.

#84657 Damn Those French!

Posted by puggy on 10 July 2006 - 08:52 AM in Off Topic

You know, a game that is ended by pks is pretty damn lame. Anyways, why hate the french? Because it's the "in" thing to do? You can thank them for the invention of the restaurant!

Why hate the French you ask? Because they can't sing of course.

#84235 Halo 3

Posted by puggy on 02 July 2006 - 11:20 PM in Off Topic

It is also only for Xbox 360. What a bummer.

#84111 Congratulating Ninjz

Posted by puggy on 01 July 2006 - 01:18 PM in Off Topic

I'd personally like to congratulate Ninjz for still helping the newer members here at NH even though he is kind of out of nerf. He has stuck with it and is really helping some members. Congrats to you!

A whole thread, to what, "congratulate NinjZ?"

:huh:

I'm not sure what the intention is, but if you're trying to get him to sell cheap/ give you his X-bow, you'd have to do better than that. Like send some money to him. :lol:

This is a first in my five years on Nerf boards. Congrats!

-Piney-

I want his Xbow

You just did.

#84040 Still In Stores

Posted by puggy on 30 June 2006 - 10:34 AM in General Nerf

I still have the BBB in my toysrus but the BBB is a toysrus exclusive so maybe they ran out and have no more. That's the same with the rf20. My 2 local targets haven't had at2k's since I started nerfing. I have only had one at2k set. :(

#83935 Wally-mart

Posted by puggy on 28 June 2006 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

Yay! It says from up to 30 ft. away you can shoot your oponent. Stock NF ranges? I'm going to put one on layaway! (Not really).

#83906 New Site

Posted by puggy on 27 June 2006 - 05:57 PM in Off Topic

Edit: NerfMonkey is right. I am closing the site until it has some content.