Razor Zing Shot

Part Ultimator. Part Koosh Vortex...

6 replies to this topic

#1 Wild Boys

Wild Boys

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

Ok, I saw something on the internet about this gun from NerfPalace. I found and read stats on this gun a while ago, and realised they were at my local Toys'R'Us store a few months ago. After reading about this thing I was amazed. I went today and yes they still had two left, and at only £4.99 - $9.99 I couldn't resist buying one. Here is where you can read about it.

So, what is this gun? Well, its basically a Kossh Vortex and Ultimator cross. It is made by a company called Razor. It has superb range and pretty good accuracy. The rings that come with the gun, called "Zing Rings" are basically a massive version of Koosh Vortex rings made of of foam with a bit of green plastic on the end. These are actually very accurate like said before, and go very far.

Its got a pretty nice colour too of yellow and green with a bit of dark blue at the back, and looks and is very simple. The front of the gun is mostly hard foam and at the back is solid plastic.

Using this gun is pretty easy, you load the ring in to the green bit of solid foam, pull back the blue handle and twist it a bit at the end, then you let go, and whoosh! Surprisngly, thanks to the streamlined "Zing Rings" the accuracy of this gun is very good, and the range literally is 120ft or more! And that's flat!

My overall view of this gun is very positive. Its Rate Of Fire is pretty poor and the gun itself is still pretty impractical for a war, but the fact of the matter is this is one of the funnest and cheapest things to use and have fun with. Its so simply built and will last a while. For £4.99 - $9.99 this is totally worth your money. If you see one, buy it! Me and my mate had laods of fun with it. Its basically a cheaper version of the Ultimator. Supposedly giving out better performance stats. However, this can't really be verified until my Ultimator comes, although it looks like the Zing Shot does perform better, is more practical and easy to use. All in all they are probably both fun though in their own right!

Now here are some pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right, now a fair few people may have seen this before, or think some of the stuff I'm saying is bulls#!t, and that's fine, as in some cases I've not really proved how good this is. Tomorrow, when the weather is better (its raining badly now), I am going to do a video of this and measure its range accurately to give you a better idea.

I'll report more later.
BTCC For The Win!

#2 pat 1st Lt

pat 1st Lt

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

Sounds really fun to play around with, but not at all practical, like you said.

It'd like to get my hands on one of these things... It gives me some interesting ideas. Maybe you'll find something remarkably similar in the Home-mades section in a couple weeks.

I understand that you hold the blue handle to fire it, but what do you do with your other hand? Where do you hold it? I think it'd make more sense if we had a picture of someone holding it, or even just a size comparison to some other guns, so we know where the most likley handholds would be.

EDIT: Now that I clicked on your link and saw that picture of it alongside the Ultimator, I understand how large this thing really is.

This uses rubber bands for power, right? Huh... This really gives me some cool ideas.

Great find, man.

Sincereley,
Pat

Edited by {SF3G}pat 2nd Lt., 22 July 2006 - 05:18 PM.

QUOTE(euphemism) View Post
QUOTE(Pat) View Post

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

#3 Carrtoon

Carrtoon

• Contributors
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:20 PM

Apparently there are refill packs:

Zing Shot video

Are you the first kid on your block to get one?
When beauty breaks the spell of pain
The bludgeoned heart shall burst in vain
But not when love be pointed king
And truth shall Thee forever reign

#4 Wild Boys

Wild Boys

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:01 AM

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I am the first kid on my block to get one of these. I'm not sure if anyone else will, I'm just happy I got one.

As for holding and using it. You basically use your left hand to pull and then twist on the blue thin plastic semi circle which is behind where the ring is stored, while your use your right hand to hold the handle. I'll see if I can get a picture of this.

The gun doesn't use rubber bands, it uses these two stretchy tubes that are elastic/rubber band like. Although from that site it looks like you could probably mod it to shoot further with rubber bands or something.

The weather is looking good at the moment, so if I have time, I'll get a video in to show.

:P

Edited by Wild Boys, 23 July 2006 - 06:16 AM.

BTCC For The Win!

#5 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:51 AM

That would be surical tubing. You can get it a lowes for 1.44 per foot. I got 4 feet of it to make a water balloon slingshot but never got around to it.

#6 Wild Boys

Wild Boys

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:56 AM

The big moment is here, I have the video of it firing. I took two videos, the first one wasn't as good, as the ring went a bit low, but still went pretty far. The second video is much better, and shows its range more, the ring from where it was fired almost hit my old conservatory window (which it has done before).

Anyway, here they are.

Video 1
http://s4.photobucke...nt=MVI_2550.flv

Video 2
http://s4.photobucke...nt=MVI_2551.flv

Enjoy! :P

Edited by Wild Boys, 23 July 2006 - 11:56 AM.

BTCC For The Win!

#7 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:49 PM

Those are fun guns, my friend as a few of those. Good stock long range weapons I stood on top of a tree fort and shot people with it. It is in fact pretty accurate. I was able to hit my friend a couple times with it.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users