HOTH's Content

There have been 308 items by HOTH (Search limited from 11-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#243789 Guess The Amount.

Posted by HOTH on 25 July 2009 - 02:39 AM in Off Topic

My guess will be $75.50

#243792 Big Bad Bow And Airtek 2000 Integration

Posted by HOTH on 25 July 2009 - 03:10 AM in Modifications

Very nice! Love the look, I need to try this with my spare guns. Looks great with the paint job, and should be very effective. Pops :P

#243793 Dart Tag Blaster Overhaul

Posted by HOTH on 25 July 2009 - 03:24 AM in Modifications

Very nicely done! Extremely innovative. like it alot

#243794 Pretty And Removable Pump-action Recon Mod

Posted by HOTH on 25 July 2009 - 03:29 AM in Modifications

I was planing something like that as well, only I was going to do it more like Slug's LS foregrip. I think your idea is great though! It saves resources. Nice mod and write-up

#243798 Good Longshot Catch Reinforcement Idea

Posted by HOTH on 25 July 2009 - 04:54 AM in Modifications

Hey guys,
Thought of something interesting to reinforce the LS catch mech while trying to sleep. Do think this has been done, it is pretty unique, so here goes:

Measure the distance between the catch mech and the exact opposite spot on the other shell. Then, cut a dowel or piece of pvc about half a centimeter shorter than the measurement you just took, and glue some felt on one end. Then, glue that piece of dowel or pvc with the felt exactly opposite the catch mech on the left shell. The dowel or pvc will keep the mech pressed down, while the felt allows the mech to be sided up, as usual. This will hopefully help my problems with the catch mech popping up when the gun is being primed with a bbb/ls spring combo. Then, to reinforce it even more, do the standard catch spring addition, adding two ballpoint pen springs to the catch. Hopefully, after this, the catch will be invincible! :)

Sorry that there are no pics, I have not tried this out myself yet. When I do, pics will be on the way!
Also, be sure to keep checking for my two new longshot and titan mods, they are going to be sick when I finish them tomorrow!

Let me know what you think, and seriously, be honest, I really wanna know!

-HOTH

#243902 Good Longshot Catch Reinforcement Idea

Posted by HOTH on 25 July 2009 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

Has anyone even had their catch break yet...?

it would not be used to prevent the catch from breaking, it would be used to prevent the catch from coming off it's track while the gun was primed back when using stronger, or multiple, springs.

#243955 Lanard Sawed-off Handcannon

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 12:55 AM in General Nerf

Springer, I assume?

wouldn't one assume so? due to the spring in the pics...

#243958 The Rogue "sereph"

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:08 AM in Modifications

man, I really like this. I am also working on my LS/Titan integration at the moment (literally, i am hot gluing something at this very moment). Mine is styled a little differently, so I can't wait to get it on the forums. Again, very nice mod. I especially love the ability to attach almost anything to the LS, due to the rail.

I wish you the very best of luck in the competition! (wait, are results revealed yet?)

#243959 Good Longshot Catch Reinforcement Idea

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:13 AM in Modifications

the only LS catch issue I have is that it is a weak design with very little actual catch space, so it often will slip and misfire.

yah, thats what I am trying to prevent, and I'm actually pretty confident about it.

#243960 Rear Loading New Style 1500

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:15 AM in Modifications

I love it man, can't wait to whip out the ol' tool box and give a shot.

#243961 Rork's Big Bad Bow Overhaul

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:17 AM in Modifications

Very good mod, not to mention, extremely clean as well. As spodd asked, ranges? I am assuming they are pretty beastly, though.

#243962 Cpvc Longshot

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

I really like cpvc'd longshots, especially yours. I am in the process of modding one of my longshots, and was planning on galaxy's cpvd'd LS, but now I might rethink ^_^

#243963 Titan Rifle Rocket

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:25 AM in Modifications

sweet, can't wait to make some. Got some bone stock Titans laying around somewhere....

#243964 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:28 AM in Modifications

That is pure sex. Keep up the good work man

#243965 Stefan Help.

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:32 AM in General Nerf

I use 1/2'' cpvc from OSH, and my 1/2'' stefans fit amazingly. So, try going to OSH nest time, might help. Also, this may help your tip problem: Try making stefans with air soft bbs. They work beautifully for me.

#243966 Ironman Tank Integration

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:36 AM in Modifications

That's pretty. I like the cleanliness. Props for you

#243967 Ls Front Gun Mod

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:40 AM in Modifications

very, very cool way to replace the barrel. Bit of a strong trigger pull there, eh' mate?

#243969 The 'real' Longshot [cpvc Coupler]

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 01:47 AM in Modifications

My personal favorite LS mod. Congrats and props. Working on this at the moment. Just to clarify, the piece of cpvc inserted into the chamber is only used to stabilize the coupler, then is removed after the coupler is glued on firmly? Am I correct on that assumption?

#243976 My Pump Action Longshot

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 03:48 AM in Modifications

Very nice and clean. I can imagine, for me atleast, the foregrip would be very comfy and easy. Nice mod

#243978 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 03:56 AM in Modifications

Muwahaha. Excellent. I have begun my crusade for a primary weapon, and the LS is well on its way to being that.

As a side note, I know that TIG did a mod so that the LS's clip would accept Stefans in a friendly manner, but is there any way to make it so that both gun and clip accept stock taggers?

If not, is there any particular recommended method of modifying taggers so that they fit?

Sorry about the swift inquiry, but I have a birthday party on Sunday, and I desperately need to mod my LS so that it can beat the crap out of the competition. Expect to see me at several SoCal Nerf-Offs. :w00t:

Thank you, Sir Piney, for the gift of this thread. *Boweth*

First post, by the way. Expect to see more, and hello all.

I shall become the modificationator. I have ambitious plans for making some truly BAMF guns. ^_^

for your tagged inquiry, try galaxy's cpvc' mod ( look for it in the directory) but replace every cpvc' with PVC. might be worth a shot

#244014 Lanard Clip Shot Fast And Furious

Posted by HOTH on 26 July 2009 - 12:39 PM in General Nerf

God, the body sooo resembles a Big Salvo

#254448 Jlego's Hybrid Breech System (somewhat Picture Heavy)

Posted by HOTH on 24 October 2009 - 03:47 PM in Darts and Barrels

Awesome, just awesome. How do ranges compare to a standard barrel, or even a simple brass or petg breech?

#255155 Baff #2 In Fremont

Posted by HOTH on 01 November 2009 - 11:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Can I please be put down as a maybe? Thanks all. This will hopefully be my first war with the new crossbow :D

#255215 Crossbow Trigger Question

Posted by HOTH on 03 November 2009 - 03:33 AM in General Nerf

Hey everyone,
Had my crossbow's guts scattered around my area today, and now, the trigger has seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Do any of you plastic savvy beasts have any replacement xbow trigger ideas? I have a TON of polycarbonate, so thats not an issue. Help is appreciated :)

#255236 Crossbow Trigger Question

Posted by HOTH on 03 November 2009 - 05:42 PM in General Nerf

Thanks everyone. I now have my idea from Draconis, so I think that I ca manage on my own :). Let this die

#255263 Baff #2 In Fremont

Posted by HOTH on 03 November 2009 - 10:54 PM in Nerf Wars

sorry for DP, but xXJakeJaganXx on youtube would also like to attend. I do hope this is alright, he contacted me and he is fine with all the dates. He is a definite.

#255271 Baff #2 In Fremont

Posted by HOTH on 04 November 2009 - 10:30 AM in Nerf Wars

sorry for DP, but xXJakeJaganXx on youtube would also like to attend. I do hope this is alright, he contacted me and he is fine with all the dates. He is a definite.

Great, that is not an issue.

awesome, thank you.

#255346 Baff #2 In Fremont

Posted by HOTH on 04 November 2009 - 10:50 PM in Nerf Wars

It probably bears repeating. This is an open invitation. No matter how this information reaches you, if you want to come out and nerf with us, please do. It's always helpful to have a head-count, with some people "definite" and a few "maybe" but even if you are unable to let us know ahead of time, due to not being a full member here or whatever reason, you can still show up to nerf, we don't expect to be turning anyone away.

so, should I not let you guys know if anyone else wants to join? Should I just leave it alone here and tell them to come? I mean this in the nicest way possible. I could not really tell what you meant. And, there is an other guy who wants in.

#255357 Baff #2 In Fremont

Posted by HOTH on 05 November 2009 - 12:19 AM in Nerf Wars

ok, thank you just some bob. Thanks everyone. Also, I might be able to bring a friend, just need to ask him first. :D

#255667 Baff #2 In Fremont

Posted by HOTH on 08 November 2009 - 12:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Yay put me down as 9/10 of a definite. Bball tryouts were rescheduled. Is anyone bringing some stuff to sell im looking to get some petg, a pas (or a lanard one), Airtechs and Supermaxxes.

I have a modded lanard hand cannon i'll sell. I also just got 6 new old style 1500's. I'll bring one to sell. Maybe. :P

#255678 Baff #2 In Fremont

Posted by HOTH on 08 November 2009 - 12:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Yay put me down as 9/10 of a definite. Bball tryouts were rescheduled. Is anyone bringing some stuff to sell im looking to get some petg, a pas (or a lanard one), Airtechs and Supermaxxes.

I have a modded lanard hand cannon i'll sell. I also just got 6 new old style 1500's. I'll bring one to sell. Maybe. :P

Not extremely interested in the hand cannon mostly looking for the lanard shot gun or a Pas (unless of course the you could do a K9special on the hand cannon which is unlikely from the pics ive seen). Hmm.. old style 1.5k now thats something i wanna get.

ok, I will not bring the hand cannon but I will probably bring a stock old style 1500, we'll see.

#255798 Recon Cs-6 And Ertl Rapid Fire Shot Gun Mod

Posted by HOTH on 09 November 2009 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

That is very clean and it looks extremely functional. Props. Mad props. How does the size/weight compare to a standard blaster? and, 75 is pretty good for a recon's brass breech, isn't it? Generally, recon's angel breeches are pretty poor, correct? Awesome job, again.

#256199 Baff #2 In Fremont

Posted by HOTH on 13 November 2009 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Is any one planning on filming/ photographing this event?

#256745 Baff #3, December 12th Is Cancelled

Posted by HOTH on 18 November 2009 - 11:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in! There are a ton of places around there, but that coyote place looked pretty awesome to me. also, maybe we could try playing in the school at fischer park this time... just an idea.

#256842 Nitefinder Rifle Question

Posted by HOTH on 20 November 2009 - 02:24 AM in Modifications

Hi all,
I am building a Nitefinder Rifle, like k Barker's, but I first need to clarify something. For the plunger tube, should I use the same one as the plunger tube for a plusbow, only a tad shorter? Same dimensions and all? Also, if I were to use that plunger tube, what should I use to replace the plunger head with? Because there is no way in hell the stock head is fitting in there. Thanks in advanced.

#256845 Nitefinder Rifle Question

Posted by HOTH on 20 November 2009 - 10:10 AM in Modifications

Use 1" PETG from petco. It will fit the stock plunger tube pretty good. I believe that's what kbarker used.

Awesome, thanks man. Haha, I actually have to go to PETCO anyways already.

#256957 Baff #3, December 12th Is Cancelled

Posted by HOTH on 21 November 2009 - 07:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I was expecting a few more people to post here, but it looks like the 12th is set, and that the war will start at 11 a.m.?

Sounds great to me. i posted a thread on NerfRevolution as well, I will transfer any people from there to here.

#257001 My Nerf Website

Posted by HOTH on 22 November 2009 - 04:24 AM in Modifications

Agreeing with the other two replies, I must say that this should be in general nerf, not modifications

#257045 Nite Finder Barrel Measurements

Posted by HOTH on 22 November 2009 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

This question was probably answered by dude13, but, if you are going to coupler it, go with 3.5 inch barrels. I find those work the best.

#257611 Baff #3, December 12th Is Cancelled

Posted by HOTH on 30 November 2009 - 12:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I have a location suggestion, I checked the emails from the mailing list and I do not think that anyone has suggested this location quite yet, so I will:

Central Park, Fremont, CA

Official city link:

Fremont Official Webpage

also, No one really ever answered me with my dart question. I will admit, I am being ignorant, but, can someone just do a quick sum-up of what kind of darts to bring and what kinds not to bring? It would help a lot seeing as I have over 500 of one type, and I would be crushed if I showed and could not use them.

Thanks guys, see you on the 12th!

P.S:

Blue, I'm bringing the sneakshot, and it is hella good now, haha.