Norther of Heaven's Content

There have been 337 items by Norther of Heaven (Search limited from 29-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#211111 Homemade Nerf Sword!

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 10 February 2009 - 02:52 PM in Homemades

The fuck was the point of the video..?

#209695 T.i.m. (the Incredible Machine)

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 05 February 2009 - 11:30 AM in Homemades

Thanks, Falcon.
Ah, reminiscing of days past with only a 10-year-old's nerf gun, duct tape, and a caffeine-driven imagination.

#209156 Maxblitz

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 03 February 2009 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

Meh, i'd prefer such a bulky weapon as the LB integrated into a more bulky/longer gun than the Maxshot, but it looks very functional regardless. Cool mod.

#208515 T.i.m. (the Incredible Machine)

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 01 February 2009 - 01:28 AM in Homemades

I made a speedloader-type barrel..switch-er. Thing.

Just take a look.
Posted Image

Its got 1/2" PVC for megas and 1/2" CPVC nested in 1/2" Thin-Walled PVC for micros.
Posted Image

I'd say it completes the gun. And the letters on the side look pretty nice on it if i do say so myself.
Posted Image

This way i don't need to carry around a whole 'nother barrel if i want to switch ammo types. Once the clip is emptied out, if i have the other ammo type at my disposal i just switch them. Easy.

#208171 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 31 January 2009 - 10:49 AM in General Nerf

Thank you for all your incredible contributions to the NIC. I hope you find your calling in the Navy.

#208116 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 31 January 2009 - 01:28 AM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

T.I.M. :o

#207780 T.i.m. (the Incredible Machine)

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 29 January 2009 - 10:23 PM in Homemades

Dude, not worthy of The Incredible Machine's name. That game was THE SHIT. Don't agree? Play it, try to beat it without any hints, guides or cheats. Then, after failing, suck my left nut.

But a sweet ass mod it is. That thing has great range, a good ROF, good accuracy (just looking at the box...), and it will probably be banned at most wars...

Well i couldn't think of anything else to call it.
Fuckin yeah ive done that. When i was 7. STILL my favorite PC game of all time. Nothing beats it. Fuck Portal.
Anyways, thanks for the comment.

Not being a gamer, I'm just going to pretend it's named after me... But really, this is ferociously cool. Makes me want to start messing around with pneumatics again. My only quibble is that I wouldn't have used a 2k shell, but it looks interesting. How's the push-button trigger treating you?

Its working very well. It wasn't hard to make at all. And its very comfortable.

#207560 T.i.m. (the Incredible Machine)

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 29 January 2009 - 11:03 AM in Homemades

Excellent job. That is amazing. Why do you think the megas got farther? (Besides the obvious size difference) Anyways, incredible job. I may just have to make one myself.
-iMod

Because they have 3x as much weight in them as the micros do.

#207557 T.i.m. (the Incredible Machine)

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 29 January 2009 - 10:45 AM in Homemades

4. The Trigger Mech.
Due to my inexperience with homemade air guns, this is what i was going to originally use for a release valve. The Magstrike's.
Posted Image

Thanks to some research, and the help from Imaseoulman and CaptainSlug, i came to the conclusion that i'd either have to make my own or find a release valve with better air flow. I ended up making one from the design of CS's Dchap-1. I modified it slightly, using smaller pieces, a different angle, and with a bolt rather than rods.

Pretty simple, just make like so:
Posted Image

But before you screw everything together take a 1/4 drill bit and drill a hole as STRAIGHT as you can at the top of a 1/2" PVC Elbow. Fit the screw through the hole, fit a short piece of 1/2" PVC on the coupler running parallel with the bolt, fit the 1/2" PVC into the 1" to 1/2" PVC Plug, Screw on one nut, fit the (trimmed to fit the hole for the 1/2") rubber washer onto the bolt, put on the 5/16 washer and center it onto the bolt, and fasten another nut.

Once that is on, fit the 1" PVC Plug into one of the 1" "T" couplers with PVC Cement and screw in the 1/2" ID Vynal barbed connector to the 1/2" threaded part of the "T". And before you put the piece with the bolt into the "T", put a spring that'll make a good seal into the "T" and line it up with the washer on the bolt.
Posted Image

If you have any questions about the valve, just check out Slug's original.

Then epoxy the valve onto the left shell so that the head of the bolt can be comfortably pressed when the gun is held.
Posted Image

5. Once thats all finished just hook up all the tubing and you should be ready to go in terms of it holding and releasing air pressure. I put some zip ties on the barbed connectors to make the tubing stay on for good, just to be sure.
Posted Image

The rest of the 1/2" PVC pieces can result in a inline clip. Its been done 1,000s of times so i'll spare you the details.
Which brings me to an interesting little tidbit about this gun.

My seal on the release valve is not 100% air-tight. maybe about 90-95%. Real bad, huh? Not so fast..
Since while i pump there is air pressure leaking out at a slow rate, pressure builds up past the valve. Since i have an inline clip installed, all that i need is to pump as many times as i need, drop a stefan into the barrel via the clip, and as it makes that ever-so-tiny seal to the barrel the pressure from the leak advances the round even further into the barrel as if i had pushed it in myself.

The finished product:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

No completely official ranges yet, but today i got these (albeit light rain and headwind)
Micros-
10 Pumps: 70-85FT
20 Pumps: not tested

Megas-
10 Pumps: ~120FT
20 Pumps: not tested

Posted Image
Darker Stefan: 10 Pumps
Lighter Stefan: 20 Pumps

I might make a video depending on if i have the time, and i'm not so experienced with video editing.

(Off topic, did anyone ever play TIM?)

Q's? C's? F's?

#207555 T.i.m. (the Incredible Machine)

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 29 January 2009 - 10:43 AM in Homemades

250th post.. how convenient!

I believe i got the idea for this from playing the latest Call of Duty game with a friend a few weeks ago. The Nazi Zombies mode kicked ass, and it gave you access to a gun that was a laser gun of some sort. I liked the feel of it. I had an empty AT2K shell lying around and i thought i'd use it in my next gun and that i'd try to make it look like the gun from the game. This is not what the final product turned out to be, however. But unlike my previous endeavors, i decided to make my first homemade.

Materials Needed:
- 1x AT2K shell
- 1x Magstrike Pump (or equivalent)

- ~1' of 1" PVC
- ~1' of 1/2" Thin Wall PVC
- Your choice barrel material (And whichever size wall PVC that it could be nested in)
- 1x 1" PVC Endcap
- 2x 1" to Threaded 1/2" PVC "T"
- 2x 1" PVC Elbow
- 1x 1" PVC Plug
- 1x 1" to 1/2" PVC Plug
- 1x 1/2" PVC Elbow (Slip x Threaded is what I used, doesn't matter)
- 2x 1/2" PVC Elbow (Coupler x Slip)
- 1x 1/2" PVC "T"
- 1x 1/2" PVC Plug
- 1x 1/2" Threaded PVC Plug

- 1/2" ID X/X" OD Vynal Tubing
- 2x 1/2" Male Threaded Nylon (or Brass) Barbed Connectors for ^
- 1/4" ID X/X" OD Vynal Tubing
- 2x Nylon (or Brass) Barbed Connectors for ^ (1x 1/2" Threaded Elbow piece & 1x 1/4" Threaded Male Connector)

- 1x 1/4" Bolt 4-5" long
- 1x 1/4" ID Rubber Washer
- 1x 5/16 Washer
- 2x 1/4" Nuts (with the plastic on one side so its a tighter fit)
- A Thin-Gauged, Medium-Length Spring

- Hot Glue
- Plumber's Goop
- 2-Ton Clear Weld Epoxy (Or equivalent)
- PVC Cement
- Silicone Grease

- Screwdrivers, PVC Cutters, Vice Grips, 1/4" Ratchet, Rounded File or Dremel, Etc.

---------------------
1. The Shell
Make cuts on the inside of the shell to make room for the pump. Also cut a circle in the back of the AT2K's ..thing. This:
Posted Image

Make sure that a 1" to Threaded 1/2" PVC "T" can fit inside it when you're done dremeling it out.

2. The Pump
I first made room for the Magstrike Pump. I would've used another, possibly non-Nerf pump for this gun but it just fit so well i had to use it.
Posted Image

It should stick out to about here.
Posted Image

The "endcap" for the pump should be epoxied on to the end of the pump, after the pump is plugged and lubed up.
Posted Image

The check valve end of the pump needs everything cut off so it just leaves a hole, like so.
Posted Image

After that, take the 1/4" Threaded Male Barber Connector for the 1/4" ID Tubing and epoxy it on so you have a new connector for the pump.

3. The Airtank
I had planned on this being small and compact, but it turns out the way i made it works better.
Take some of the 1" PVC and measure how much it takes to fit two couplers together. For me they measured to be ~2".
Posted Image

Make 3 of them. Not sure why i made four.
Posted Image

Then fit some of the 1/4" ID Vynal Tubing onto the 1/2" Threaded Elbow Connector for its size. Take that (not pictured correctly) , the 2 Elbow connectors, the 1" to 1/2" Threaded "T", one of the connectors for the 1/2" ID Vynal tubing, the 1" PVC endcap, the 1/2" Threaded PVC Plug, the pieces you cut, and some PVC Cement and lets put this bad boy together.
Posted Image

Once its finished drying, put it in the shell like so and make sure its a good fit.
Posted Image

Hot glue it into place once you find the sweet spot.

So far the gun should look like so:
Posted Image

#207205 Longshot Tactical

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 28 January 2009 - 12:38 PM in Modifications

Awesome, You should've intergreted a Ball launcher for a Grenade Launcher. The LS is so much like an M16, you should call it the SOPMOD M4

Don't necro old threads, it clogs our tubes and makes things messy, blah blah blah.

#207098 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 27 January 2009 - 11:28 PM in Modifications

Very nice, i'm really starting to like the PAS.

#206475 Best $1 I Spent This Week At The Dollar Store

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 25 January 2009 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

Way to improvise!

#205612 The Terrorstorm. A Hornet Product.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 January 2009 - 10:35 AM in Modifications

Can you fix the pictures?

#205585 "hellcat"

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 23 January 2009 - 01:33 AM in Modifications

That PJ is SICK. I'll definitely dry-brush my next gun.

#205565 Paint Job Modding Pictures

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

I'd take my own advice if i were you.

whoa, hold up. What did I screw up on now?

You just seem like one of those members who always end up getting banned. Just my opinion.

#205499 Categorizing Mods And Homemades.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 08:33 PM in General Nerf

It's simple. Is more of the finished product made from scratch? Or is most of it altered, reinforced, or otherwise customized?

If you made most of the functioning components from scratch, then it's no longer the blaster you bought. While often times the shell is required for the components to function, the shell doesn't make it a particular blaster. The internals do.

I have to agree. You're right.

#205484 Paint Job Modding Pictures

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 08:10 PM in Modifications

They have changed the COPA laws, SO now you can be under 13. But it's still u to the Admins to Decide his fate

I'd take my own advice if i were you.

#205476 Paint Job Modding Pictures

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

Nevermind.

#205368 Star Wars Rebel Trooper Blaster

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 01:07 PM in Modifications

I've tried using a stock dart's foam as cushion for the plunger head and i can tell you unless you have it on there very well it's not going to stay on for very long. Good mod, though.

#205358 Categorizing Mods And Homemades.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 11:19 AM in General Nerf

Nevermind.

#205325 Categorizing Mods And Homemades.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 05:05 AM in General Nerf

Now if only i could get a Mod in here to help settle this . . .

#205322 The Longshot Contract.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 04:25 AM in Modifications

I hold high respect for Angel, no matter what he ends up coming out with.

#205321 Categorizing Mods And Homemades.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 22 January 2009 - 04:19 AM in General Nerf

If a gun which is using (some) homemade internals but uses a few (stock) parts and is fitted into a stock shell, is it considered a mod or a homemade?

I'm talking about a gun i'm currently working on, the trigger mech. as well as the air tank are homemade. However the pump and shell for the gun come from store-bought guns. I'm a little confused as to how such a project would be categorized.

I'd like to think that its a homemade, but isn't the shell a big piece of what separates mods from homemades?

#205203 Recon Experiment

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 January 2009 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

What exactly did you mean by Adding E-Tape to increase spring power?

The only thing i can think of that you could improve is the seal on the reverse plunger with e-tape under the O-ring, but is that even possible without asking for the tube to get deformed?

#205090 Noob With A Nf

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 January 2009 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

Let me give you some sound advice before anyone answers all your questions for you, "noob".
The best way to go about whatever you're trying to accomplish is to just try things out on your own. Don't go by what other people have done, don't go by what you think you're supposed to do, and don't expect everyone to give you all the answers to things. Go on and explore your creativity. Think up things that no ones ever tried before. Then you test it and see if it was worth it or not. If it was, good for you. If not, then think of it as learning from experience. This is the best way to start out, otherwise you'll end up like alot of members who only post re-posts of previously done mods that they just read the write up about and copied without innovating in any way. Okay, i'm done with my rant.

To answer your questions, just take out all the ARs if you really want 60 ft flat out of a NF. You could interlace more springs with the stock one, but i'd suggest just replacing it with an overall more powerful, single spring. A barrel replacement is not necessarily necessary on the NF if you're just going to use taggers and streamlines.

I just answered most if not all your questions to help you get started.
And use the damn search function, because we're not always as patient or generous as i just was.

First. I will. I know. But doing some successful basic modding FIRST might help one be able to do their own more "original mods." I am also not dumb enough to repost an unoriginal mod, i just want to make it.
By all the ar's great, but still confused on what the "second ar" would be?
why wouldnt barrel replacement help?

And I DID use the damn search function. That question list was immense before i wrote this, and i knocked out about 90% of it on my own.

I was not calling you dumb nor was i saying you were posting something unoriginal. I knew this was one of if not your first mod because you haven't even opened up the gun yet, and you yourself called yourself a Noob so don't get upset if people call you a Noob, Noob. Christ.

By ARs in GENERAL i mean ANYTHING that restricts airflow inside the gun. Take them ALL out.
A barrel replacement (in this case) wouldn't help much. Granted, it definitely wouldn't hurt, but the NF's stock barrel has a good fit on streamlines and taggers in the first place. Its not necessary unless you really want it. Micros, Taggers and basically any other stock dart will only go down barrels to a certain point because of their length before the head of the dart keeps it from going down any further. This excludes streamlines.

#205081 Noob With A Nf

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 21 January 2009 - 12:11 AM in Modifications

Let me give you some sound advice before anyone answers all your questions for you, "noob".
The best way to go about whatever you're trying to accomplish is to just try things out on your own. Don't go by what other people have done, don't go by what you think you're supposed to do, and don't expect everyone to give you all the answers to things. Go on and explore your creativity. Think up things that no ones ever tried before. Then you test it and see if it was worth it or not. If it was, good for you. If not, then think of it as learning from experience. This is the best way to start out, otherwise you'll end up like alot of members who only post re-posts of previously done mods that they just read the write up about and copied without innovating in any way. Okay, i'm done with my rant.

To answer your questions, just take out all the ARs if you really want 60 ft flat out of a NF. You could interlace more springs with the stock one, but i'd suggest just replacing it with an overall more powerful, single spring. A barrel replacement is not necessarily necessary on the NF if you're just going to use taggers and streamlines.

I just answered most if not all your questions to help you get started.
And use the damn search function, because we're not always as patient or generous as i just was.

#205069 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 January 2009 - 11:13 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

:mellow:

#205053 Powerline Bb Gun

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 20 January 2009 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

I recently obtained a Remmington TAC-1 Airsoft shotgun and i had an idea similar to yours.
Posted Image
But i thought that since its breech-loaded, it wouldn't get nearly the power-output that one would want when converting an Airsoft gun to a Nerf gun. But yours seems fine. Cool mod.

#204885 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 19 January 2009 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

I wish i hadn't given my Scorpion away. I like the barrel replacement idea, very creative.

#204539 Rifletech2000

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 18 January 2009 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

I'm sorry, but thats fugly. Ergonomics should always be one of your top priorities when it comes to pump guns.

#203776 New Innovative Maverick (sp?) Drop Clip! Now Its Finished.

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 16 January 2009 - 10:07 AM in Modifications

Yay, and let this be heard across the NIC...

SPEEDLOADERS ARE A WASTE OF TIME.
( At least the kind you're talking about. )

#203555 Modding Basics

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 15 January 2009 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

Just incase anyone wants their AT2K trigger to still function like it does stock, (sliding on the pump) you can use the orange "barrel" off the top of LSFG to put the trigger on. It fits it very nicely. Not sure how you could use this in any way, but its something to think about.

#203460 The Frankenfucker

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 January 2009 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

Thats awesome.
I've always wanted to do something like this, a gun with multiple air tanks. I personally would've made it into the size of a rifle/primary. Cool mod thought!

#203452 Gun Range Question

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 January 2009 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

AT2Ks are:

1. Easier to find
2. Cheaper
3. Easy to Mod
4. Easy to integrate
5. Have wonderful performance when modded
6. Completely Legal.

And they get those ranges.

#203442 Senor Wences

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 January 2009 - 10:06 PM in Homemades

Since there are no plans for a CAD drawing or any type of write up..

Please Sir, may we have a video?

#203320 Senor Wences

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 14 January 2009 - 04:02 PM in Homemades

Is it comfortable to pump?

#202960 Information Needed For Special Project

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 12 January 2009 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

Brace yourself.
Bits of plastic toy french fries. -_-
I've destroyed all my stefans by shooting them at my walls.

#202949 New-type Nf + 2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 12 January 2009 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

This mod is really nice and clean. I love it. But is the at2k barrel a little crooked. It looks so in your pictures.

It is, but not by much. I'll get around to straightening it when i feel like opening it up again. But for now, its fine.

#202822 New-type Nf + 2k

Posted by Norther of Heaven on 12 January 2009 - 12:31 PM in Modifications

It's times like this when I thank god for being capable to get A2K's.Very clean and what I was hoping for when I read the title.

I've only ever gotten one of them. Its hard for me to find any pump/air chamber type gun.
And thanks. :)

Oh, and before i forget.
To help reduce the force of impact with the NF's plunger rod, i took a cloth mousepad (with the cloth-like material on top, rubber on bottom) and cut a 1/2" wide piece and whatever length so that it completely wraps around the diameter of the tube, and put it at the end of the inside of the plunger tube.
The way i did it, i put the rubber side facing outward and the cloth inward, and it fits wonderfully. It does its job quite nicely.
Posted Image

They're easy to find (i have probably hundreds), easy to cut, and easy to integrate into the tube. Might be a more easy to find/get alternative to sponge gaskets or more effective than craft foam, but its up to you. This can be done to virtually any springer.