Guns Blasters for Dummies Complete Morons"
1. Identify the blaster that you wish to modify. If you don't know the name of the blaster, look around Orange's site
, and on the NerfWiki
2. Go to the writeup directory
and look up the writeup(s) for the blaster. If there is more than one writeup, read all of them. Also, read the entire writeup thread; there may be additional information posted long after the original writeup (see: Forsaken Angel's Magstrike writeup thread).
3. Choose a writeup and follow the directions, being sure to follow any advice not in the original post as well.
4. If you have any problems, use the search function
5. If you can't find anything by searching, send a private message or email to whomever wrote the writeup you are using. If they do not respond for several days, send a private message or email to someone like Forsaken_Angel24
. If they can't answer your question, then
you can feel free to post a topic asking the question.
A. For your first modification, do something simple like this Nitefinder modification
B. Don't modify any old/rare blasters (i.e., ones that are no longer readily available in retail stores) until you have a good amount of experience modifying blasters.
C. Don't try to modify a Longshot, Recon, or Maverick until you get more experience, either. Especially
don't try to modify a Longshot.
D. Once you get some experience with basic modifications and some more complicated ones, try "inventing" your own, original modifications.
As a side note:
Check out the New Members Guide
; it provides helpful links of the sort mentioned above, as well as links to tutorials on such subjects as posting images. Also, it gives tons of advice on how to act on Nerf forums...including how to not get banned!
And there you have it. Satisfied?
Edit: I added it to the Wiki. Because I felt like it.
Edited by jwasko, 27 March 2008 - 07:18 PM.