I have decided its time to start pulling my weight around here and posting more write ups and what not. instead of just lurking for years on end. So I had a Arrowstorm laying around and I figured that would be a fine place to start.
Onto the modification.
Here is the stock Arrowstorm
Let us open it up. Make sure you keep track of the 2 pieces that fall out when you open the first part. They are vital and like to get lost.
Here are the internals of the blaster.
Okay so first lets give it a little more spring power. see how the spring sits in the inside of this plunger tube?
cut a 1.5 - 2" piece of 1" pvc and epoxy down inside that plunger tube.
Now the spring sits on that piece of pvc instead of the bottom of the tube. This will make the spring compress more.
Alright now you see how its giant spring is all deformed? lets straighten it.
Put it around a pice of .5" pvc and expand a compress it. This will make it straight.
See? Much better.
Alright now lets focus on the seal. Mine has a great seal between the plunger and the turret but its plunger rod seal is horrible. so take this plunger
And fill those gaps full on hotglue. this will keep it solid.
Now wrap a few layers of etape around it tell you get a good seal. Once you have a good seal lube it all up.
Okay now see this small little hole at the end of the plunger rod?
We want this to be bigger. So grab your drill or dremel and bore that out. This will give you much more airflow.
Moving on to the turret now. Cut 6 6" pieces of petg like this one.
Wrap a little tape around it and nest it down in the turret. You want it to stop right about here in the bottom
Do this to all 6 tell you have this.
Alright now we want it rear loading. [Credit to coop and FA24] So drop a sharpie down each of the side barrels and drill out the 4 spots were ink was on the shell. So that it looks like this on both sides.
Now we just put it all back together and what do we have? The Terrorstorm is what we have.
Onto the ranges.
I took measured all shots with a 200' tape. there was little to no wind and the temp was 40.
Shot 1 76'
Shot 2 78'
shot 3 80'
shot 4 77'
shot 5 78'
shot 6 79'
shot 7 81'
shot 8 76'
shot 9 75'
shot 10 77'
shot 11 79'
shot 12 76'
So all in all I am very impressed with the gun. It gets good range, has a high rof, and if fired right you can evan get somewhat of a hint of accuracy out of it. It makes a GREAT rushing weapon and With the real loading on both sides I can load the whole thing in about 20 secs. My darts have a loose fit in petg so I think if I nested a couple of inches of 17/32 brass in the end of the barrels I could get another 10 - 15' out of this thing.
Edited by hornet, 23 January 2009 - 11:41 AM.