euphemism's Content

There have been 244 items by euphemism (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#71884 In Need Of Help

Posted by euphemism on 29 January 2006 - 06:34 PM in Off Topic

I had that exact same problem a while ago but I can't remember what fixed it. I know it happened pre-1.5 and I think it was recently after I modded firefox like so. At the time I thought they were related, I don't know now as the mod is still in effect but the crazy stuff has stopped.

#75105 Dog Pictures

Posted by euphemism on 03 March 2006 - 11:23 PM in Off Topic

Been there, done that.

#85314 Plunger How-to

Posted by euphemism on 18 July 2006 - 08:12 PM in Homemades

Wonderfully simple and effective design and great execution. Well done, good sir.

#84835 Married To The Sea

Posted by euphemism on 12 July 2006 - 01:10 AM in Off Topic

Indeed, married to the sea is quite entertaining. In addition to square root of three I also enjoy Alexander wager.

#65433 Power Clip Mod

Posted by euphemism on 10 October 2005 - 09:42 AM in Modifications

Here is one of many threads discussing this practice. I'm guessing that you searched "power clip" and didn't get anything useful (it's one word), also always remember to set it to "any date", good luck.

#80727 At2k Paintjob

Posted by euphemism on 24 April 2006 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

It looks nice, but I honestly liked it better in the first picture with just the primer. I just think that first picture looks really cool. It makes me want to paint an at2k entirely flat white, or rather, it makes me hope someone else does, because I don't paint my nerf guns.

#72901 Supermaxx Buzzer Air Bazooka?

Posted by euphemism on 12 February 2006 - 04:56 AM in Modifications

It would appear that darkshrimp has on in his arsenal. You would do well to PM him.

#58558 Wikipedia Nerf Section

Posted by euphemism on 01 July 2005 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

haha, I wrote a good chunk of that article, all of the text after "Now Nerf 'modifications' exist, improving the design of the stock gun."

Also, nerflad, you don't need an editor, that's the beauty of it

EDIT: To avoid any confusion after later editing I wrote up to and including the stefan instructions

#67191 Switch Shots

Posted by euphemism on 06 November 2005 - 08:24 AM in Modifications

- Dart: Stock micros, micro Stefans, Zeros

It shoots micros, and as far as brass size goes I'd just bring a foam sample to wherever you get your brass and look for a good fit for air guns (slightly loose).

#82198 Nf Plunger

Posted by euphemism on 21 May 2006 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

Unless the piece you are referring to is a screw then I can pretty much assure you that it isn't from the plunger. I was just modding an old ed. NF today and the plunger only has two plastic pieces. Good luck.

#71411 Sharpshooter 1 Mod

Posted by euphemism on 21 January 2006 - 06:23 PM in Modifications

If you are concerned about getting a seal with the tip try putting some 1/2" PVC over the CPVC, thought you may need to sand it a little bit where it is meant to attach.

#72689 Strait Forward Question

Posted by euphemism on 08 February 2006 - 09:36 PM in General Nerf

Private message ItalionStallion or post in his appraisal thread.

#75696 Crossfire Help!

Posted by euphemism on 09 March 2006 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

What crappy nerfer is saying is that when darts get worn in and the foam loses its firmness the dart/barrel friction decreases and the dart gets pushed forwards by the spring in the air restrictor, whether or not you put it back all the way.

#68534 For The Transformers Fans...

Posted by euphemism on 28 November 2005 - 06:58 PM in General Nerf

With a little navigation I have found they sell it there for about $25. linked

EDIT: Had I known it sucked I wouldn't have bothered looking.

#82089 Framingham,ma War

Posted by euphemism on 19 May 2006 - 11:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Hopefully you aren't still shooting for... today. If you do I worry you will get no one from the forums (though I'm sure it would still be fun) . I reccomend postpwnage, I may go if it is postpwned. I wish you the best of luck.

#56151 Titan Minimization

Posted by euphemism on 31 May 2005 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

thanks and wow those things are very very nice but as pineapple said it would take "a little work" and I am lazy, I mod while avoiding homework

#56010 Titan Minimization

Posted by euphemism on 30 May 2005 - 12:50 AM in Modifications

another titan mod, I intend to integrate it into a briefcase soon (I just need the briefcase then a trigger system). unfortunately I didn't take any pictures during the mod process but I do have 2 final pics
left side:
Posted Image
right side:
Posted Image

STUFF:
(1) titan rocket launcher
(1) roll of duct tape
(1) saw
(1) 12" crowbar
(1) phillips head screwdriver
(1) hot glue gun (and glue)
(1) barrel (I think PETG or brass would be best but I just have crayola now)
(1 pair) needle-nose pliers

PROCEDURE:

part one, barrel
1. remove orange barrel, push in and turn hard to the left (think medicine bottle)
2. saw off a little bit of the orange thing now at the tip (just enough to get rid of the air restriction and stuff)
3. push the barrel into the orange thing and secure it with duct tape or hot glue (I would recommend duct tape for crayola as you may wish to replace it later)

part two, butchering
1.saw off the following: aimpoint, top of pump handle (enough to align with the top part of the main body), hornet stuff (thing that pumps hornet and little orange dome, leave the clip for later)
2. remove the air gauge (make a deep cut into it then pry it off with crowbar)
3. cover any sharpness with duct tape and perhaps file later
NOTE: the air valve for the hornet and the air gauge both have vinyl tubes connecting to them, ignore them (for now)

part three, internals
1.take 2 halves apart (leave all pump screws in unless you want to seal the OP valve)
2. remove tank and all things connected to it (you need to unscrew a metal thing that attaches to the trigger)
3. remove all the vinyl tubes with open ends (with pliers) and hot glue over the holes for them
4. get rid of all scout/hornet stuff and ball bearings
5. put stuff back in (not scout/hornet stuff) and do 1313's valve mod

good luck, I hope you like it

#67193 Dollar Store Dartguns

Posted by euphemism on 06 November 2005 - 08:39 AM in Modifications

A friend of mine CPVC'd a couple dollar store guns (the ones that look like extremely small uzis) and they got slightly under NF range. Their big problem was the fact that the grip was uselessly small and the trigger was a pain.

#78578 Ohio Thrift Stores

Posted by euphemism on 03 April 2006 - 02:21 PM in General Nerf

Switchboard.com is another good online telephone directory with "yellow pages".

#78289 April Fools Websites

Posted by euphemism on 01 April 2006 - 12:00 PM in Off Topic

So far I've seen thinkgeek.com, ytmnd and homestar runner. Post any other good ones you find.

#75433 All The Abreviations

Posted by euphemism on 06 March 2006 - 09:16 PM in General Nerf

Why not put them all in one post? Anyway, here's what comes to mind:
RF20=rapidfire 20
sm#k=supermaxx #000
at#k=airtech #000
BF=blastfire
x-bow=crossbow
BnA=bow n arrow
PC=powerclip
WF=wildfire
SSPB=secret strike pocket blaster
SSI=sharpshooter I
SSII=sharpshooter II
SS1=secret shot 1
SS2=secret shot 2
TTG=tech target gun
DTB=dart tag blaster
MS=maxshot or magstrike (the latter is yet to be released)
LS=longshot (yet to be released)
LBB=lanard blast bazooka

That's all that comes to mind right now. If you really want I can get rid of some, if that's too many.

#85065 Drilling Through Glass Bottles

Posted by euphemism on 14 July 2006 - 11:56 PM in Off Topic

You want to use a metal drill, that is to say a drill bit meant for drilling metal. More specifically, a twist drill bit. I suggest you direct your attention to the wikipedia article on drill bits.

#75866 Where Do You Nerf?

Posted by euphemism on 12 March 2006 - 12:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Look at the URL for the fifth "here" link. What rambo didn't notice is that it is the word offense which can be spelled with either c or s.

#97013 What The Hell

Posted by euphemism on 24 December 2006 - 01:35 AM in Off Topic

I remember there was something involving running the "safe" version to fix it.

#68355 Mav Help

Posted by euphemism on 26 November 2005 - 01:24 PM in Modifications

Also, getting the metal pole out can be a bitch (probably what gave you resistance, angel) you can push it out with a VERY small screwdriver (the smallest in a set of percision ones usually) and a hammer or do what angel did and just pull very hard.

#125183 Nation States And Ogame

Posted by euphemism on 06 October 2007 - 10:22 AM in Off Topic

I used to play nation states a while back and then I bought the book that it was made to promote (Jennifer Government) and it kicks ass.

#66028 Looking For New Prop

Posted by euphemism on 17 October 2005 - 06:56 PM in Homemades

A Burp Gun may also suit your needs.

#63513 New Barrel Found!

Posted by euphemism on 11 September 2005 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

I'm not trying to hijack the thread or anything, just thought I'd add another barrel type. This tent repair sleeve available from REI works as a micro barrel but it is tight, and at $0.75 for 5" it's more expensive than PVC (but still cheap). It seems to be some sort of gold, aluminium alloy, also it fits perfectly in an ex-3 barrel.

#68579 Need Help On Blastfire

Posted by euphemism on 29 November 2005 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

I'f you've ever modded it then it probably means you set the trigger incorrectly when you put it together, I did the same thing and I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. You need to set the trigger right because otherwise it doesn't push the white part forward enough for it to lock and it will be pushed back by the pressure until enough pressure is gone. Hope that helps.

#68595 Need Help On Blastfire

Posted by euphemism on 29 November 2005 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

I decided to fix mine too, you may not not need to change your trigger's position but that of the forward moving part of the trigger assembly. I had to move that part forward a little and now mine works great.

#55999 Brass Eagle Blade02 Mod

Posted by euphemism on 29 May 2005 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

nice, one ammo idea I have is something I use now that my titan kills my homemade micros, they are basically the tips of my homemade darts
INSTRUCTIONS:
make a somewhat tight hole for a single mardi gras bead (they are fairly easy to take off the string) push the bead in and duct tape it in (use enough so you don't kill people with the bead), in the end the dart should be about 1/2 an inch long and covered in duct tapePosted Image
you can put more than one in the barrel for shotgun-ness. range is quite good, accuracy is pretty good with one and velocity is crazy, of course you can use steel ball bearings, brass BBs or lead sinkers but they may kill people so I avoid them

#70752 Climb Etc

Posted by euphemism on 10 January 2006 - 10:08 PM in Homemades

In actual arbor a bag filled with lead shot, called a throwbag is tied to a low friction rope and can be thrown over a limb up to around 75' up. The end of the rope is then tied to actual climbing rope and the climbing rope is pulled over the limb. For taller trees one can either use a throwbag more than once or use a throwbag launcher, as pictured here:Posted Image
The moral is, if you're going to climb a tree, don't be a fucking idiot.

#75338 Frenzybob's Clipped Nf

Posted by euphemism on 05 March 2006 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

Reminds me off the "chain-fed" NF be Sqiggs. (link'd)

#82418 Memorial Day

Posted by euphemism on 28 May 2006 - 12:15 AM in Off Topic

I'm not exactly sure how invading an arbitrary country(Iraq) is protecting our freedom but this is not a board for political discussion so I don't want to start one here. Anyway, I do not make a point of celebration memorial day very much, not that I have anything against doing so. I don't really celebrate any holidays a lot, except for fun things as I am mostly a hedonist.

Also, don't anyone go saying I'm not supporting our troops; I support them so much that I want to get them out of Iraq and Afghanistan and back to America and have them not die.

#72550 Bbb Help

Posted by euphemism on 06 February 2006 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

See my post in this thread for an effective way to mod your bbb to fire everything from stock and stefan micros to arrows. The barrel dEffeminateted is a little too long, I have since cut it down.

#68227 Agh, Blastfire Problem

Posted by euphemism on 24 November 2005 - 08:34 PM in General Nerf

There are two editions of the blastfire, one has a cocking handle return spring and one deosn't, you must have the old edition.

#71820 Bbb Mod

Posted by euphemism on 28 January 2006 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

I actuallly have done this.
Posted Image
You can either glue the cpvc to the gun or to the pvc or leave it all unglued.
Also don't forget to sand the PVC at the connection point and shave the inside of the stock barrel a little. Of course it can also fire megas.

#71850 Bbb Mod

Posted by euphemism on 29 January 2006 - 09:04 AM in Modifications

It needs to be shaven down slightly, scraping it with a knife should do the trick.

#75405 My Multi Use Ttg

Posted by euphemism on 06 March 2006 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

I've done that with my BBB and two maxshots. Also, what do you mean you made an arrow shooting attachment? Arrows fit on PVC.

#75421 My Multi Use Ttg

Posted by euphemism on 06 March 2006 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

I was just talking about regular ol' half inch sch 40. I suppose arrows are a little bit tighter on pvc than they ought to be.