What The Hell

Damn Firefox

5 replies to this topic

#1 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

Firefox just deleted all my favorites and bookmarks. What the goddamn hell? Has this happened to anyone before? Advice would be appreciated.

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#2 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:52 PM

Firefox just deleted all my favorites and bookmarks. What the goddamn hell? Has this happened to anyone before? Advice would be appreciated.

-Butt

It Did It to me once, I just went back and added all the ones I really cared about again...

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#3 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:35 AM

I remember there was something involving running the "safe" version to fix it.

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, it's a computer program...it happens. But of course you had a backup...RIGHT?! I'm a data center engineer for a very, very big bank. I am responsible for over 50,000 devices on a daily basis that support some of the richest investors in the world. I know a little bit about what I'm talking about. 99% of all computer problems are made moot by system back ups. I say 99% because the only thing that will render a backup useless is if your computer is destroyed in a fire or stolen. Even then, you buy a new computer and load the back up. Bam, you've got your computer back.

I know this because I've seen some SERIOUS systems go to hell. I mean I watched a Sunfire 6500 be decommisioned without knowing there were two domains on the thing. We're talking serious processing power here. They had a good back up and within two days they had full capability. Just because they had everything on their system backed up.

Learn.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:14 PM

I know a little bit about what I'm talking about. 99% of all computer problems are made moot by system back ups. I say 99% because the only thing that will render a backup useless is if your computer is destroyed in a fire or stolen. Even then, you buy a new computer and load the back up.

Well, this solves the problem of getting everything back in case of a failure, but it might be more helpful to know why this problem occurs. In the brief time that I used Firefox, this happened twice, so I dumped the program.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:31 PM

That's actually not a really good idea because Firefox is probably the best browser out there. More then likely it happened because Firefox is an open source client which always tend to have strange bugs in them like that. Suit yourself though. Again, I'm just trying to help you guys in the future. Take it or leave it.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users