Will work but just an idea

5 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

I am pretty sure this Idea will work.

Edited by nerfer34, 09 January 2006 - 09:13 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:51 PM

NO.
BAD IDEA.

A titan is powerful, but not that powerful. Also, you're comparing kite string -> HEAVY rope/flexible tubing/wire(!?) to shoot UP, against gravity, rotate around the limb/branch to loop the rope/wire, THEN still be able to support your weight? Maybe if the tree were 5 feet high. You'd be better off just throwing an actual grappling hook.

Putting up ideas like this is what leads to people getting hurt and then somehow getting NERF attached to it. Seriously, just don't do it.

BAD IDEA.

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:40 PM

I am pretty sure this Idea will work.
Well after modding my titan to fire micros or megas I decided to try something. First I experimented with using about 100 feet of kite string. I tied 100 ft. of kite string to a mega and then shot and the string actually stopped the dart. So I was thinking if I you used like 30 feet of heavy rope or flexible tubing or wire you could actually alsmost climb a tree by firing the dart around a branch. It is a little crazy but just an idea that will work.
-Or you could use it in another way(which I'm not sure of right now)

Stop posting. You can start when I tell you to again.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 Switchblade

Switchblade

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:54 PM

And you're assuming that the TItan is going to shoot one hundred feet. Through a curved pipe.

Thanks Talio, just throwing in my two cents.

#5 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:08 PM

In actual arbor a bag filled with lead shot, called a throwbag is tied to a low friction rope and can be thrown over a limb up to around 75' up. The end of the rope is then tied to actual climbing rope and the climbing rope is pulled over the limb. For taller trees one can either use a throwbag more than once or use a throwbag launcher, as pictured here:Posted Image
The moral is, if you're going to climb a tree, don't be a fucking idiot.

#6 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:47 PM

I've had many experiences climbing a tree. Though I've never actually used ropes before to get up on one. Just my bare hands :P You'd need to stow your nerf guns or have a strap around them like the Wildfires and then you can climb the tree without worrying about dropping your guns. Though, I agree that if you wanted some kind of grappling hook thing, I'd throw it, not shoot it. Kind of impractical if you ask me.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users