hamoidar's Content

There have been 335 items by hamoidar (Search limited from 19-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#317850 The Long-erStrike: A Titan/Longstrike intergration

Posted by hamoidar on 02 July 2012 - 11:01 AM in Modifications

Cool! I like the soldered primming handle. How does the air from the pump go through the kink in the tubeing right in front of the trigger?

#317806 Pulley system Bullpup style surgical tubing powered blaster

Posted by hamoidar on 01 July 2012 - 02:20 PM in Homemades

How did you heat the PVC before bending it?

Seconded^

Also what is that tool that you used to bend the pvc for the SRSCB.
Anyways, great job! It's good to see people striving to make new things!

#317805 longstrike (and longshot?) priming handle reinforement

Posted by hamoidar on 01 July 2012 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

This is a great idea! I modded a longstrike for a guy at the war I attend, and the primming handle kept falling off. I will definitly have to do this to his gun. Thanks!

#317804 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by hamoidar on 01 July 2012 - 02:13 PM in Modifications

Here is a NF that I modded for a friend:
Posted Image
It shoots about 50FT flat with the stock plunger tube.

#317744 Nerf Elite Retaliator

Posted by hamoidar on 29 June 2012 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

Cool! I have been waiting for these things to come out since I frst saw them. (I will most definitly have to check my local TRU) Do you have any of the elite darts? If so, could you post a few pics, I'd really like to see how the're different than normal streamlines.

#317741 Battlemax Sceptor Write-up

Posted by hamoidar on 29 June 2012 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

The pictures are a little dark ( at least I think ) but overall great mod!

He says right in the original post:

I apologize for the crappy pics. The iPhone camera is bad enough as it is without having to take pictures in a basement.

#317737 Crossfire Pump-Action Mod

Posted by hamoidar on 29 June 2012 - 08:19 PM in Modifications

Nice mod! I was wondering if you could use stock Nerf darts as well as dARts?

Well, in this gun, the dead-space-removing Nylon rod comes almost to the front of the barrel, leaving only about 1.5". But if you were to cut the rod a bit shorter, stock darts would fit fine.

#317699 Crossfire Pump-Action Mod

Posted by hamoidar on 29 June 2012 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

In this mod-guide, I will show you how to make your Nerf Crossfire into a pump-action, medium power...I can't really call it a beast. I started the mod because this broke....
Posted Image
And that meant that I would not be able to use the original slide, for that matter, no slide at all.
The only option would be to make it pump-action, using the same principal as the Nerf clip-system guns.

You will need:
About 10" of 1/2" CPVC
A 2" piece of raider barrel, or any other clip-system gun barrel.
Stampede muzzle.
Hyperfire spring, or equivalent.
Two-part epoxy.
1/2" PVC
Electrical tape.
Screwdriver.
Hack saw.
Drill and bits.

Time to start, first open the gun.
Posted Image

Then remove the dart holder.
Posted Image

Remove the plunger system, the slide, and the catch.
Posted Image

Put the two halves of the gun back together, and cut the shell as pictured;
Posted Image
Posted Image

Take a 3.5" piece of 1/2" CPVC, and wrap 5 layers of e-tape 1/4" from the end.
Posted Image

Oh, and you can discard all of the original dart tube parts except the o-ring.
Posted Image

Using a bit of super-glue, attach the o-ring to the end of the CPVC.
Posted Image

Cut off the excess CPVC.
Posted Image

Using a 2in piece of clip-system blaster barrel, and epoxy, connect another 3" piece of CPVC to the first one.
Posted Image

Take your Stampede muzzle and cut off all the stuff shown;
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then hollow out the front of the gun until the Stampede muzzle fits snugly.
Posted Image

Epoxy the muzzle into ONE side. (the side with the trigger)
Posted Image

Test fit the barrel in the muzzle. The barrel should slide freely.
Also, slide the plunger tube onto the back of the barrel assembly.
Posted Image

Pull the plunger tube back until the catch face is where it would be if the gun were cocked, and pull the barrel forward until the o-ring almost comes out. Take a small sliver of 1/2" PVC, and screw it onto the barrel, flush with the edge of the stampede muzzle.
Posted Image

Instead of the stock spring I used a Hyperfire spring; which barely fits, but is much stronger.
Posted Image

I use white lithium grease for all my guns, and this one is no exception.
Posted Image

To reduce dead-space, I glued a 4" piece of Nylon rod with a 1/4" hole drilled through it, into the barrel.
Posted Image

I added a piece of 1/2" PVC on the tip of the barrel, in hopes of adding a hopper. But the gun's tiny plunger tube could not supply the necessary volume of air for the hopper.
Posted Image

I plan on adding a CPVC coupler and a speed-loader, but for now, the gun is a single shot muzzle-loader.
Posted Image

The gun gets around 40-45ft flat with Mysterios dARts.

Questions? Comments? FLAMES?

#317692 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by hamoidar on 29 June 2012 - 01:04 PM in Modifications

Here is my Crossfire, modded to be pump action.
The gun cocks by pulling the barrel back, then forward.
Posted Image
It shoots about 40ft flat, not to bad for a 5" long pistol.

#317440 OOTWW

Posted by hamoidar on 23 June 2012 - 07:53 PM in Homemades

Okay, I get that this thing works, but how is it any better than a hopper? You say it has about the same ~10% jam rate as a traditional hopper, that jams are easy to clear, how is this better? One big drawback I see this wye set-up having is the length of the hopper tube is pretty much confined to that of the 45 degree conduit. Meaning that you can only fit about 6 darts. I use a hopper that holds 13, 1.5in darts, so I can see the length being a big problem for a lot of folks.

#317356 Longstrike Titan Integration

Posted by hamoidar on 22 June 2012 - 01:14 PM in Modifications

Good job! So correct me if I'm wrong, but other than the tubeing the pump is not connected to the gun? Can it can still use N-strike clips? Also, I would recommend using epoxy putty instead of hot-glue, you can find it at Lowes or Home Depot in the plumbing section. Overall a very nice gun/write-up.

#317245 Nining a Recon

Posted by hamoidar on 20 June 2012 - 02:31 PM in Modifications

Nice mod! Just one thing; what does the catch notch look like on the plunger rod? I didn't see anything about it in the write-up, but I may have just missed it.

#316950 Maximizer?

Posted by hamoidar on 13 June 2012 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

One quick question as well - if I do post it on eBay, I'm guessing I should only post in the "Sale/Trade" board? Or is that only for sales over the forum?

You can post ebay sales on the trading forum, but, being an FNG you have no access to said forum. I feel your pain. If I were you, I would take one of the offers that you already have, or simply put it on ebay.

#316936 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by hamoidar on 12 June 2012 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

Just finished modding my vintage super soaker Max-D 6000.
Mods done:
CPVC coupler
Air tank plugging
Water tank removed
Minor shell modification

Finally, some pictures.

Posted Image

CPVC coupler and barrel:

Posted Image

Here is where the water tank used to be:

Posted Image

#316875 Write-up: RAW The Force Mod aka "Duo Force" (Picture Intensive

Posted by hamoidar on 11 June 2012 - 11:05 AM in Modifications

Great job! Clean and complex usually don't mix to well, but you have made/modified a gun that is both. Hats off to you! Also, you're right, that pvc used to secure the wye onto the side of the blaster is 1" in diameter. It is also worth mentioning that it's thin-wall pvc.

#316873 CPVC scatter blast

Posted by hamoidar on 11 June 2012 - 10:45 AM in Modifications

Since this is a air blaster, you would get better ranges if you used PETG or brass for the barrels, since those have a looser fit on the darts. Did you replace the trigger/valve spring to make it easier to press?

#316872 Switchshot EX-3 Modification

Posted by hamoidar on 11 June 2012 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

Nice writeup! I may have to get one of these. (it looks like there is enough room for a PT replacement :D) I am guessing by the drops on the AR parts that you used hot water to get it apart?

#316520 Grease gun homemade

Posted by hamoidar on 04 June 2012 - 09:10 PM in Homemades

Very cool! I think that the first option is probably the most usable of the two, since it is only half the length, and the trigger in a easier to reach position. Also instead of using all the hot glue and tin foil for the 2in plug, you could simply use a piece of 2in PVC with a hammer-in plug. You can buy the plugs at home depot or lowes. Overall, nice work.

#316272 The SNAP-10 Slamfire

Posted by hamoidar on 28 May 2012 - 10:13 PM in Homemades

Very nice! Now I want to see a gun that can slam-fire and single fire. :)

#316264 Hamtch

Posted by hamoidar on 28 May 2012 - 08:27 PM in Homemades

Here is the Nylon plunger rod that I finnaly got around to making.
Posted Image
The catch groove is about 4 1/4" from the plunger head.
Posted Image
Bow n Arrow wanted a rope puller/cocking "handle", so I had to figure out a way to make that happen. The rope is JB welded into a 3/8" hole that's drilled into the back of the rod.
Posted Image
The plunger head is made out of kitchen cutting-board.
Posted Image
Bow is going the post a painting writeup on the gun, so you will be able to see how the rope looks.

#316262 Trigger linking question

Posted by hamoidar on 28 May 2012 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

well you can put a strip of polycarbonate or wood on the top of the trigger just enough so the polycarb, when the trigger is pulled forces the clothespin apart causing the gun to fire.....hope it helps

I don't think that would work, as the top of his trigger is level with the bottom of the clothspin; leaving no room for the polycarb. The method Carbon recommended is probably his best bet.

#316231 Longstrike upgrade (MK 2)

Posted by hamoidar on 27 May 2012 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

The barrel is longer, but the ranges are less? I think I am missing something. Other than that, this is really neat! Also, what kind of tank are you using, and how many shots can you get on one fill?

#316217 Easy valve seal fix

Posted by hamoidar on 27 May 2012 - 06:06 PM in Modifications

And what exactly does adding this oil do? Relube the washer? Clean the washer?

#316215 Hamtch

Posted by hamoidar on 27 May 2012 - 05:51 PM in Homemades

Have you looked into any ways of mechanically changing the direction of the trigger pull (through pulleys, levers, gears, etc)? I feel like the non-standard trigger pull would take some of the fun out of it for me, personally. I like how robust the design is, I'm just not quite sold on usability.

I have thought of a few ways to make the trigger pull normal, the easiest way would be a plate of metal running in a track with a slanted slot cut into the end, when the plate is pushed, it would move the catch rod to the side.

I have sold the gun to Bow n Arrow, snd have made a nylon plunger rod for it. I'll have a picture up soon.

#316203 Magstrike Modded for external air supply and PVC airtank warning

Posted by hamoidar on 27 May 2012 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

Update on testing:

Tested the gun with the regulators on an air compressor with a 4 gallon tank. Got around 150 magazines worth out of a 4 gallon tank. It will not scale exactly by a 1/4th with a 1 gallon tank but if I'm conserving my shots and not just blowing off full mags every time like when I tested it, I should get a decent amount of magazines out of a small 1 gallon tank. I anticipate around 30 magazines full auto wastefully shooting or perhaps 30-40 conservatively shooting. This was tested outside at about 67 degrees Fahrenheit.

30-40 mags on one gallon! Wow, that's alot! How many PSI are you filling the tank to?

EDIT: Is the regulator you mention here the same as the one in the original post? If so, I guess that would mean you are filling the tank to 100 PSI. Right?

#316202 Supplemental Swarmfire Mods

Posted by hamoidar on 27 May 2012 - 02:01 PM in Modifications

Very nice! I like the battery packs on each side. Also, you might want to resize your pics, as I can only see half of them on my screen.

#316201 Springs!

Posted by hamoidar on 27 May 2012 - 01:58 PM in Modifications

When I replace springs in my mavericks, I use Tek 6 springs. They have a lot of power, and fit pretty nicely.

#315858 A problem with the Awareness thread being in Trading… 

Posted by hamoidar on 18 May 2012 - 03:55 PM in Site Feedback

The thing is, nobody can post in the awareness thread because it's locked. (with good reason :) )
The new thread for that sort of thing is this:(http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=22586' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>new awareness thread)

#315800 Rayven CS-18 'Mode' Switch

Posted by hamoidar on 16 May 2012 - 01:35 PM in Modifications

Why not just use a potentiometer so you can control the power?

With the high current values of the Trustfires, the pot would burn out very quickly. I tried using a pot in place of a regular resistor in a cutting laser I rigged up from a DVD burner, and it caught on fire. And I just was using a nine volt battery. The switch is a good choice because it is cheap, and easy to use. It also will not heat up when in use.

#315792 ClipTek Overhaul

Posted by hamoidar on 16 May 2012 - 10:06 AM in Modifications

This is pretty nice! I like the way you used the offset washer to solve the plungerhead problem. One question: Why did you re-post the dual SSPB mod guide?

#315791 Air Tank Reinforcement

Posted by hamoidar on 16 May 2012 - 09:56 AM in Modifications

Have you tried to do this without the mesh, just the epoxy? I know the mesh/epoxy combo is to replicate high pressure air tubing, but do you think you could you use a hard-setting epoxy, like JB weld, without the mesh?

#315740 N-Strike Elite Internals

Posted by hamoidar on 15 May 2012 - 12:54 PM in General Nerf

Great! I wasn't going to buy one of these because it looked like another re-release of the raider. Now I think I will.

#315687 Integrations

Posted by hamoidar on 14 May 2012 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

I believe that's what the "Mods and PJ" thread is for.

I've seen many throught the forum but they are not very organized.

I'm not saying I agree with him; just that he stated why he wanted to start the thread.

#315638 ClipTek Dual SSPB Integration (Please close)

Posted by hamoidar on 13 May 2012 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

This is pretty cool! Most of the time people just integrate one of these. Just one question: Is pumping the SSPB's difficult when the barrels are inserted. Also, I agree with
Britnerf, you should put something to connect the pumps. It would make pumping them much easier. Especially with the barrels in the way.

#315636 Rayven CS-18 'Mode' Switch

Posted by hamoidar on 13 May 2012 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

Nice! I bet with a little work, you could do this to a barricade. In fact, this mod could be done to just about any flywheel blaster. Now I feel an urge to heat up my soldering iron. :)

#315567 Nerf Blaster Comparison

Posted by hamoidar on 11 May 2012 - 09:56 PM in General Nerf

Are the measurements that you show on the graph the flat ranges, or the angled ranges. Flat ranges are really the only usable measurement.

#315516 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by hamoidar on 10 May 2012 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

Here is my new creation: the hamtch. It uses the full metal catch I designed.
Posted Image

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#315512 Hamtch

Posted by hamoidar on 10 May 2012 - 03:06 PM in Homemades

This post is a follow-up on the Full Metal Catch guide. The gun detailed here cost about 10 bucks, not counting the spring. It is quite easy to make, as I did it in an hour, no more time consuming than a standard snap. The catch is probably the most time consuming part. Anyway, you will need…

Materials:
1 ¼” PVC pipe
¾” thread, 1” PVC bushing
1” to ½” PVC bushing
¾” thread to ¾” PVC elbow
¾” of ½” CPVC
½” CPVC tee
7/16” wood dowel, or nylon rod. (preferably nylon)
Super glue (optional, but nice)
Electrical-tape
3/8” thick plastic (I used some from a cutting board)
The catch detailed here: (http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=22547' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>metal catch)
¾” PVC pipe
AR-15 spring (or [k26])

Tools:
Dremal
Drill
File
A couple screwdrivers.

First, cut a 10” length of 1 ¼” PVC. Wrap some E-tape around the 1” to ½” bushing, until it fits snugly in the plunger tube, and glue it into one side of the pipe:
Posted Image

Next, drill a ½” hole in a ¾”thread by ¾” elbow. Make sure the hole is opposite the threaded side:
Posted Image

You will now need to make/grab the catch. Screw the elbow and a 1” to ¾” threaded bushing onto the catch. The bushing should be on the side of the catch that has the PVC in it. Don’t forget to wrap some E-tape around this bushing as well.
Posted Image

Put a piece of ¾” pvc into the bottom of the elbow. This will be your handle. You can make it as long, or short, as you like.

It is now time for the plunger rod. I made mine out of wood, a terrible choice, I know. But I didn’t want to have to buy expensive nylon rod for a testing gun. It has actually performed really well, as I have fired the gun close to 50 times. Anyway, cut a 13” length of 7/16” wooden or nylon rod.
Using a file, cut a groove along the circumference, 4 ¼” from one end.
Posted Image

Coat the catch groove area with super glue and let dry. After 3 hours, reapply. This will create a rock hard surface for the catch rod to rest on.

Push the piece of ½” CPVC into the tee, and then push the end of the wooden dowel into the CPVC. Drill a hole through all three layers. Then screw a screw though the hole. NOTE: make sure you use the end of the dowel that is furthest from the catch.
Posted Image

Time for the plunger head. There are hundreds of options here, so go with whatever you like.
I make mine like this (http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=22375' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Element)

The gun dosn't have a plunger head at the moment because I didn't have any cutting board left. So, I just shoved a paper towel in the end of the plunger tube so that I could safely dry-fire the gun. As long as the gun catches and releases with a spring, who cares if it has a plunger head. :) I'll try to make one soon, and post ranges, which should be comprable to that of a traditional snap.

I use AR-15 springs for all of my homemades. Does anyone know if the constant is similar to that of a [k26]? I also used a couple of washers to hold the spring on, for testing.

Here it is, complete:
Posted Image

Size comparison with my overhauled Element:
Posted Image

And finally… proof that the catch can hold a strong spring.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Full compression!
Posted Image

The sideways trigger push isn’t awkward at all. The one thing I would do is to put some tape around the trigger pole to make it wider. Other than that, it is just as comfortable to use as any other snap, and you get the benefit of a super-durable catch!

Qustions? flames?

#315502 The AS-4: BBUMB/Rapidfire integration

Posted by hamoidar on 10 May 2012 - 09:52 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Ohh, I think I get it, cool. So the front of the bladder would originally force the top of the trigger down slightly, causing it to vent?

The air release valve is actually on the cap of the bladder itself. If you look, you will see a button-like thing sticking out of the bladder cap. When the bladder expandes to it's max, the button presses against the shell wall, releasing a bit of air.

#315429 New Design Full Metal Catch

Posted by hamoidar on 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM in Homemades

I don't share the negativity that others in this thread have expressed - I think the mechanism presented here has some merit. While I don't agree that clothespin triggers lack durability, I agree that they are finicky as shit. And this design DOES have the advantage of being fairly compact. If you can fit this into 1" PVC, then one good application might be the Fallopian configuration of blasters (the current design use miniaturized Rainbow catches).

One question: could you make a thumb-operated trigger with this?

Yeah, I guess you could make a thumb-operated trigger with this catch. The catch rod would protrude into the handle, which could have a button on the side. When you depress the button, it would push the rod to the side; therefor firing the gun. The nice thing about this catch design is that it can be installed in either direction, making it possible for a thumb trigger, among other things.

EDIT: since everyone wants to see this catch in a gun, I will put together a small snap-type blaster this week. It will use the catch detailed in this guide. (of course) You can plan to see a write-up this weekend!