Photo

Battlemax Sceptor Write-up

So you want to bring your Sceptor to APOC?

9 replies to this topic

#1 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

With the popularity of sceptors rising in the last few months, and no real write-up, I decided to post a very easy to do modification for the Battlemax Sceptor. This isn't the only way to do it, and probably not the best. However If you've done enough mods, this should only take 15-30 minutes. I apologize for the crappy pics. The iPhone camera is bad enough as it is without having to take pictures in a basement.

Materials:
1-1/4" to 1/2" reducing bushing.
1/2" whatever attachment for handle (coupler, wye, elbow, etc)
Superglue or 6-32 screws x4

Tools:
Hot glue gun + hot glue
Screwdriver
Something to cut with (dremel, scroll saw, hacksaw, etc)

Start by Removing the handle via 3 screws. A spring will pop out. I kept it for later use.
Posted Image

Now open up the shell. Be sure to keep your screws in a safe place
Posted Image

Take out your internals and remove the clear barrel and white piece on the back of the tank. They'll just slip off. Theres a long, weak spring in that tube. You could probably use it for an auto advancing RSCB.
Posted Image

(Sorry I forgot to take a picture of this. It should be obvious when you have it in your hand) Remove the follower from the internals by sawing it off, or using bolt cutters to cut it off. Once that's done, carefully dremel out the seat where the follower would go. you want to get it as close as possible to the back of the tank without puncturing it. I would suggest a small grinding drum or something similar. This is to allow the coupler to sit further in there. Be sure to fill the hole in the center with hot glue or else air will escape and it wont work.

Once that's done You'll be able to fit your coupler in there with ease. It's a very tight fit so it wont come out. You can keep it in place with super glue or 4 screws. Or both.
Posted Image

Next cut both halves of the shell right before the part that used to hold the old pump grip, and the hook at the bottom.
Posted Image

Finally cut the tabs off the pump handle. If done right a 1/2" female PVC socket should fit tightly over the stock pump. However I would suggest using some adhesive (other than hot glue) or screws to hold it in place.
Posted Image

Attach a pump handle of your choice and you're done. If you followed this guide correctly it should look similar to this:
Posted Image

Ranges are far with the first two shots, the decrease with subsequent shots. Tank fills in 35-40 pumps as per recommended by the tag that comes with it. Also the OPRV kicks in.

Edited by andtheherois, 28 June 2012 - 09:40 PM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#2 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

How many pumps to fill the tank?
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#3 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

How many pumps to fill the tank?

Tank fills in 35-40 pumps as per recommended by the tag that comes with it. Also the OPRV kicks in.

Learn to read before asking questions about blatantly stated facts.

Edit: Redacted statement

Edited by _Nerfomania_, 28 June 2012 - 11:40 PM.

20:45 Talio I'll have the talk with you
20:45 Talio penis in vagina
20:45 Talio fin

#4 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

Think I could accomplish this with a coping saw? Also the follower is the thing at the front with the metal thing right? There's no picture and I don't feel like fing up on my first try.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#5 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Learn to read before asking questions about blatantly stated facts.

That line was not there when i read the topic; he edited it in.
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#6 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

no real write-up

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19796

Another resource for those intending to modify their Sceptors.
Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#7 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

Forgot that one. Though that leaves a lot of dead space behind the coupler.

Also, this write up is pretty much intended for people with Sceptors, not people looking to get it. So I didn't want to waste a post answering that. If you have one you know how much to pump it.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#8 BMSCmods

BMSCmods

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

The pictures are a little dark ( at least I think ) but overall great mod!

#9 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

The pictures are a little dark ( at least I think ) but overall great mod!

He says right in the original post:

I apologize for the crappy pics. The iPhone camera is bad enough as it is without having to take pictures in a basement.

NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#10 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

I just modified one of these a few days ago, but I did it slightly differently. Using pipe cutters, I completely cut off the seat he recommended dremmelling carefully, which enabled me to attach the coupler directly to the face around the dump valve opening. This precludes the need to plug any holes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users