Trigger linking question

6 replies to this topic

#1 Jilliop

Jilliop

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Hello smart people, I've been working on a project, like so many of us, and have run into a question: How can I link the trigger motions together? I'm at a "Modder's blcok" so to speak, and I can only think of using a wedge attached to the top of the trigger to push the clothespin down. Posted Image

The green trigger moves straight back, and the clothespin is intended to move downward. Standard clothespin catch. If you need more detail, just ask. All help is appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Attach an angle iron to the CPT, like normal. Then, make a rod sticking out of the back of the green trigger. Green trigger goes back, rod presses the angle iron, firing the CPT. Check the homemade directory for davidbowie: he used a setup like that on a bunch of his designs. It typically gets called a "relocated clothespin".

Edited by Carbon, 28 May 2012 - 06:19 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

I am actually doing the exact same thing, Here is what mine looks like:

Posted Image

You could probably do something similar (L bracket on the clothes pin, and extend the back of the trigger to meet it)

Or you could put some kind of wedge on top of the trigger, so that when the trigger is pulled, the wedge is shoved into the clothespin, opening it
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#4 BMSCmods

BMSCmods

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

well you can put a strip of polycarbonate or wood on the top of the trigger just enough so the polycarb, when the trigger is pulled forces the clothespin apart causing the gun to fire.....hope it helps

#5 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

well you can put a strip of polycarbonate or wood on the top of the trigger just enough so the polycarb, when the trigger is pulled forces the clothespin apart causing the gun to fire.....hope it helps

I don't think that would work, as the top of his trigger is level with the bottom of the clothspin; leaving no room for the polycarb. The method Carbon recommended is probably his best bet.
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#6 rego

rego

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • State:Florida

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

You could attach a simple lever to spread the clothespin apart, as shown in the picture. It, however, may require more force than usual to pull the trigger.
Posted Image
Edit: This is essentially what BMSCmods is trying to say, I believe.

Edited by rego, 28 May 2012 - 08:20 PM.

Airguns are better.

#7 Jilliop

Jilliop

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

I am actually doing the exact same thing, Here is what mine looks like:

Posted Image

You could probably do something similar (L bracket on the clothes pin, and extend the back of the trigger to meet it)

Or you could put some kind of wedge on top of the trigger, so that when the trigger is pulled, the wedge is shoved into the clothespin, opening it

I'm digging this one, but my problem is that the clothespin is further away, so it would protrude where you would grip it. Maybe. But I suppose it's worth a shot. Also, I see what you did with yours and I love it :)

The wedge/lever designs are also valid, but this seems the most familiar to me. Thanks everyone for your input!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users