MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 04-February 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64011 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 September 2005 - 05:39 PM in General Nerf

Just thought I'd add this. My local TRU (Totowa, NJ) has recently stocked up on BBB's. No joke there were at least a dozen on the shelf, of which I bought 3. The best part however, is that they were only 19.99 instead of 24.99 as others have reported.

*sigh* which means they'll be ~$32 here.

I wish it was at Target instead of TRU, because TRU always seems to inflate the prices. Anyone else notice this, or is it just the TRU in my town?

#63081 "j" & "le Grill"

Posted by MattPaintballer on 05 September 2005 - 01:33 PM in Modifications

I would make a trigger guard. Personaly I hate guns without one. Looks and feels weird.

Yeah and you can't spin it without one either.

I was never a fan of black guns/milsim, but whatever floats your boat.

#47670 2003 Toy Fair Pics

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 February 2005 - 11:31 PM in General Nerf

I was wondering wtf this was doing at the top of the post list...

As was I.

Hey, that Tech Target preview picture looks awesome! It's too bad they made it look all fugly-like :) when they actually produced it. I wish they made it look like the one in the pic. Hey, I like that :cry: Smilie!

Edit: $#%&@ %$#!*& why do I always make one mistake per post? UGH!

#64837 25yr Old Homeade Genius

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 October 2005 - 01:13 PM in Off Topic

Why am I always late?

Happy belated birthday, and don't get caught with the guns!

#56657 3dbbq

Posted by MattPaintballer on 05 June 2005 - 01:00 PM in Homemades

Don't mind Chessler, he's always a pompous ass.

I was wondering the same thing. I think he's been gone for a while though, like since sometime last year.

#42683 3ds Max

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 November 2004 - 07:00 PM in Off Topic

3DS Max is a HIGHLY professional program for 1337 modellers! Has anybody here ever played WarCraft 3? Blizzard used 3DS Max to model everything in Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft, and they are currently using it to model StarCraft: Ghost. As for pirating 3DS Max, it's just like pirating MP3's, and pirating MP3's, well this pic speaks for itself:

Posted Image

:unsure:

#65838 4b - The Bacon Bow (semi-automatic Bbb)

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 October 2005 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

Oh my God, and I spent all that time typing out a detailed description of the action on the BBB.

Quit whining, it was one freakin' sentence dude. Get over it.

Murakumo, it pushes a piece of brass over another piece of brass, thus closing the breech and creating a seal.

PissBacon, that is fucking sweet.

#61013 A Nerf Video Game

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 August 2005 - 12:04 AM in Off Topic

Wow, that game is pretty fun. Must... play... more!

I voted FPS, but I think Worms-esque would be cool too.

#46164 A Way To Make Stephan Laramies?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 January 2005 - 01:49 AM in General Nerf

You can either make special Stefan Larami darts, or you can make your gun shoot farther AND fire regular megas or micros. Take out the air restrictors. That's what making it only possible to shoot SuperMaxxes. Of course, you could do something like this except you could alter it a bit. Instead of using a mega, use 5/8 inch Foam Backer Rod (aka Caulk Saver, Caulk Backing. Usually found in the weather stripping section of Home Depot or similar store) and instead of a suction tip, use a basic Stefan tip. Burn a small hole in the front of your FBR (just enough to hold 2 BB's or 1 fishing weight), drop some glue in, and put your weight in. Then burn the hole in the back like said in that article. You don't have to cover up the hole like he/she did, because there is no hole in FBR.

#49002 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 March 2005 - 12:48 AM in General Nerf

Like anyone who is less than 12 is going to vote. I should make a poll to see how many of you lied about your age when signing up...

I didn't lie, my brother signed me up :).

Just kidding. I used to do that though :).

Edit: Ugh, typo! How can I screw up a smiley? :rolleyes:

#64835 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 October 2005 - 01:02 PM in Modifications

*Cough*

#57009 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 June 2005 - 10:00 PM in Off Topic

The Goonies and Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle are the best movies EVAR!

#57216 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 June 2005 - 10:44 PM in Off Topic

You guys, The Goonies is the best god damn movie evar. I cannot strees how hilarious it is. The first two times I saw it I wet myself I'm not kidding - ask my brother or my neighbor, they were there. Kind of embarrassing but it's that damn funny.

It's a Steven Spielberg classic. If you haven't seen it, go rent it now, or hell just buy it. I'm not kidding it's cheaper to buy the DVD from a pawn shop than it is to rent the VHS. The Goonies was the best $4.79 + shipping I've ever spent.

By the way, how was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I've read the whole series and the local paper said the movie is more enjoyable after reading the series and extremely sucky if you haven't read it. I want to see The Longest Yard, I've heard it's hilarious, and it's got both Adam Sandler and Chris Rock so I have to see it. And how was Madagascar?

#64114 Ammo Belt

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 September 2005 - 05:54 PM in Homemades

You could make one out of duct tape. Cut two really long strips and place one face-up on your working area. Place the other face down so it's halfway on the other strip and halfway on the table. Fold the stick edges down so there's no sticky piece showing. Then you can glue CPVC or something around the belt/bandolier.

#52382 Another 2k Petg Mod...

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 April 2005 - 09:48 PM in Modifications

I'd say 8", but that's me. That's what we use for PVC, but it might be different for PETG.

I assume that goes the same for SM1500s, too?

Piney, that's a nice 2K. I'm really digging the new pump handle, because even my tiny hands are too big for that thing. I've seen other pump handle replacements before, but they had really long handles which look weird and weren't very practical. Yours however is he perfect size. By the way, where did you get your PETG?

#55207 Any Aquarists In The House?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 06:25 PM in Off Topic

I had two goldfish.

One lived for six years, the other seven. Their names were Goldie and Trishie (don't ask me, my brother named them).

My brother went to a summer camp, and one of them died while he was away. My brother went to another summer camp the next year, and the other died while he was away.

Is it true that some fish will keep eating no matter how much food you give them, because they can't tell when their stomach is full? (or maybe they forget due to their short-term memory loss problems)

#55217 Any Aquarists In The House?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 07:22 PM in Off Topic

Is it true that some fish will keep eating no matter how much food you give them

You killed his fish by overfeeding them? That's fucked up.

No, I didn't, I was asking if it was true or not.

Your post is hilarious, by the way, cx.

#57180 At2k Airtank Bottle Expansion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 June 2005 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

You should use one of those 1/2 pint bottles and block the air more like cx said. You would probably be able to empty the four barrel turret without re-pumping if you did that, but you might get low ranges like 40-60.' But low ranges and a high amount of pumping are what make this gun fair in a war.

#55102 At2k Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 May 2005 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

So there's nothing I can do? Will submerging it in water damage the pump/pump tube?

#54902 At2k Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

So, is there any way I can un-clog the valve? I really want to fix it because if I don't, my parents might not let me attempt to modify another gun for fear of me breaking another one which in turn wastes their money.

#54898 At2k Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 May 2005 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

Okay.

It worked before I opened it up. I have not performed the Liquitron mod (cx proved it doesn't do anything, and it's kind of useful in that it shows you if you have any air left or not) or plugged the pump. When I try to pump it, I get a lot of resistance and the pump is shoved back out about halfway when I let go of it. It doesn't make much noise. I can hear the pump when I pump it in, and when it shoves itself out it makes a noise. It's really hard to explain. If I pump it once, hold the pump down so it doesn't pop back out, and pull the rod thing (the thing you put the piece of the BIC pen on when you do the BIC pen mod) it shoots a bit of air, about as much as would come out on a single pump I'm guessing.

#54890 At2k Problem

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 May 2005 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

Well, now that I fixed the PVC problem, I found out my pump isn't working. Well, there appeared to be something stuck in the bottom of the pump tube. It was clear and small and looked like hot glue, which makes sense because I was working with hot glue around the tube earlier. I tried to fish it out with an unbent coat hanger, but it wouldn't budge. I heated up the wire and tried poking it, because I thought maybe if it was hot glue, I could re-heat it and it would move. Well, didn't work out. Is there anything I can do to fix my beautiful AT2K?

I have not performed the Liquitron mod (cx proved it doesn't do anything, and it's kind of useful in that it shows you if you have any air left or not) or plugged the pump. When I try to pump it, I get a lot of resistance and the pump is shoved back out about halfway when I let go of it.

Here's 3 pictures of the pump tube. If you can't tell, there's the normal stuff, that clear crap, and some black crap from when I heated the wire.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54880 At2k Quad Pvc Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 May 2005 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

It appears there is a little clearish something at the bottom of the tube. Great. I tried to vacuum it out, but it won't budge. It appears to be a little tiny piece of hot glue, from when I removed the stupid Stefan.

#54720 At2k Quad Pvc Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 May 2005 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

I want to put 1/2" SCH 40 PVC barrels on my AT2K. There has to be a way to make them fit. How can I do this?

#54752 At2k Quad Pvc Barrels

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 May 2005 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

I need help with my Dremel. I am trying to use a cut-off wheel, but I don't know how to attach it. There needs to be something that the wheel fits over, but I don't know what it is.

#57868 At2k Shotgun

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 June 2005 - 12:51 PM in Modifications

Very nice!....
Another cool idea would be if you could have a double barrel shotgun, western style.
Where you would insert two shells, fire the gun, then open it up and the shells pop out, ready for more.

That might be my next project... After the Sc-20k FAR.

That sounds cool, but I think it would be better without shells. Shells and shell ejection are cool, but I don't think they are very war-effecient. You could gut a Double Shot and use its shell to do that!

Nice 2K.

#47694 Atomizer Slingshot Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 February 2005 - 12:36 PM in Modifications

If you made that thing a little longer and wrapped it in foam, you could use it at as a hand-to-hand weapon -- oh wait, 14 feet you say? Nevermind, it already is a H2H weapon...

Hey, are the Nerf slingshots powered by a bungie? If so, I assume it's weak. Has anybody ever thought of replacing the bungie with a more powerful one, and/or adding more bungies to it? Also, you could add a small barrel to the front to make the shots more accurate.

Has anyone ever thought of using a REAL slingshot? I think they're way too powerful to be used safely with micro or mega darts, but they would be great for balls! I mean, seeing as what they can do to paintballs, I don't want to get hit by a dart coming out of a slingshot... Anyways, how awesome would it be if you aimed one of these babies at someone, and it shot the ball like 50 feet?! That would awesome! Okay, I've used the word "awesome" too many times...

Posted Image

#62368 Baghead's Maverick Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 August 2005 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

Bags, nice mod.

I think I'm scarred for life.

#58082 Base

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 June 2005 - 01:42 AM in General Nerf

If you layer the cardboard Stefan's won't do much to it. Also, when indoors, it's best to use pistols, like don't bring a singled AT2K inside... Better yet, just buy a couple of Nite Finders, and remove the pegs on them, but don't barrel them, and just use Stefans. Then the guns aren't too powerful and you won't break stuff.

#58060 Base

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 June 2005 - 08:56 PM in General Nerf

Yeah if you get some pictures or diagrams that would be great. Me and my brother are like, the fort making masters :ph34r: B).

Seriously though, I love making forts and stuff and do it all the time, so I can help you.

#53499 Bbb Mod With Pictures

Posted by MattPaintballer on 25 April 2005 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

There's one at The LaMario's Nerf Site.

#45189 Bbb Mods

Posted by MattPaintballer on 31 December 2004 - 12:11 AM in Modifications

There's no such thing as a macro,

Okay first of all, there is such thing as a macro.

Straight from Merriam Webster:

Etymology: short for macroinstruction
: a single computer instruction that stands for a sequence of operations

Owned.

they're called Megas, like I said.

Second of all, which of these sounds the most like macro?

1. Mega
2. Micro
3. Nano

Mega, macro? No. Nano, macro? It's closer than mega was.

I think he might have ment micros.

Let's see... Micro, macro? Yup, it's the closest. He meant micro, not mega. It was just a small mistake, no biggie.

Thief!You didn't make your own stephens!You borrowed mine!You thief!

His account name is Thief, what'd you expect? :D

#47164 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 February 2005 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

and how did you break your ankle?

I'm not gonna answer that one just because how I broke it is really lame. But then again, how I broke my wrist was lame. And how I broke my front teeth was lame, too. Whatever...

I was thinking of single barreling the 2K and then having the barrel run down beside the main crutch leg. Then I could just duct tape around the whole crutch.

#47144 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 February 2005 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

I'll admit, the integration wasn't very good. But it was the idea that I think was cool. I haven't had the time to go out and get materials, but I should be able to get some tomorrow. I'm probably going to single barrel one of the 2K's then quad the other. I was thinking of making it more sleek, like getting rid of the case and just leave a keyring trigger, the pump, and the barrel along the side. I also put the blue 2K on the wrong side, so that last picture was hard... I think the main problem was that my zip ties are screwed up. When you zip them, they don't stay! Stupid carpenter dude...

#47135 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 12 February 2005 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

And now... The moment you've all been waiting for...

You've read my signature, but that was just an idea. Now, see the real thing...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

THE CRUTCH2K's!!!

Behold!

Posted Image

You can see the materials I used in the background... Zip ties, electrical tape, and kitchen scissors. All professional grade!

Posted Image

I've got a nice little built in sight on there... It's actually a thumbscrew that holds the handle in the crutch. It works great as a sight! Sorry about the flash on that one, my super-mondo-vastly expensive 5.5 megapixel digital camera has too many features; I don't know how to turn off the flash... It's set on like auto-flash or something.

Posted Image

Jimi Hendrix 0wns y0u! He r0x0rs y0ur s0x0rs 0ff! Anyways, in this one you can see both crutches because one is the Crutch2K and the other was used to take the pic. I actually have an AT2K on the other crutch too, but I attached it after I took the pic.

Screwed up image removed.

As you can see on that last picture, one of the dart heads fell off, and the zip ties are loose. The dart head, well I didn't notice that when taking the pic. The zip ties are all messed up because our carpenter dude tried to file the rigid things down for something (I really don't know why) and now they don't stay, so I had to use electrical tape to hold them, and it came unstuck...

#47152 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 February 2005 - 01:46 AM in Modifications

Now what would be cool would be making the main leg of the crutch into a barrel, then just put the tank with a couper or something onto the barrel, so the firing pin is close to your hand, and with some bondo work, you could make it fairly concealed. It almost makes me want to get crutches.

~ompa

That's what I was thinking in the first place, but there's one problem. I don't think a barrel alone would be able to support somebody without being damaged, so I would have to nest it. And the main crutch leg isn't circular. It's shaped like this: )¯( I don't think I would be able to fit anything in there, it seems too small. And you might want to get crutches now, except for the $40-$50 price. Yeah... I only got them because I needed them - I broke my ankle.

#50113 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 March 2005 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

Mayhem, that's awesome! Because I have small hands, I would shoot the bottom NF with my pinky, then it would be almost like the rock on sign :rolleyes:. I think it would be really cool if you put a piece of string or something connecting the two plunger handles, so you could cock them simultaneously. Now that would be sweet!. And I think it actually looks pretty good for being unpainted - the barrels match the tape!

#50141 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 March 2005 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

Then it might look like this:

*Snip*

That looks VERY uncomfortable. Grinch, the reason I said string instead of something that's non-flexible (like what you suggested, a bar) is that with string, you can prime both of the NF's at the same time, but you aren't forced to shoot them both at the same time. And if it wasn't flexible, it would be VERY hard to pull the triggers at the exact same time, and you might damage the plunger.

#55188 Blast Bazooka Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

Nice mod. I like how you can still shoot the X-Stream rockets - one reason I usually don't mod my guns that shoot larger ammo.

What do you mean by regular 1/2" PVC?

#55210 Blast Bazooka Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

His shoots mega Stefans (made of 5/8" foam) though. I personally like megas better.