A Way To Make Stephan Laramies?

Like, to shoot from a sm750

7 replies to this topic

#1 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:44 PM

For some reason, micros nor megas work in my sm750. I know they are supposed to shoot supermaxx darts but I dont have those, and I wondered what size backer core or something I would need to make darts that will shoot from my sm750.
Black Masks & Gasoline

#2 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:49 PM

I made laramis by cutting mega darts to their length, then plug the end with hot glue and a weight. To make the end I stuck an unsharpened pencil in, put a dab of hot glue in, put the weight in, then capped it off. The pencil allows you to make sure the glue doesnt run down the dart and mess things up. Then, if you need to, use the hot glue gun to melt the inside edge of the back of the darts so that it will trigger the valve that most (maybe all) larami guns have in the end of the barrels.

Edited by >Fuse<, 14 January 2005 - 10:50 PM.

Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#3 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:54 PM

Thanks, and thats effective?Sound complicated, but Ill give it a shot, Thanks!
Black Masks & Gasoline

#4 Fuse

Fuse

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:05 PM

It worked for me. Its not really that hard. Just use a Larami as a guide and cut the mega the same length. Make the tip similar to how you would a normal home made dart, but since the mega already has a hole, just shove something in it to keep the hot glue in the tip (like an unsharpened pencil).

Most larami guns seem to have a small post in the barrel, and you need the dart to fit over that or the gun won't fire properly. That is why you melt the inside a little bit. It makes the back end a little more durable (since the foam is denser) and it will also fit properly.

Sorry if my explanation isnt great, Im not 100% at the moment.
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.

#5 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Location:Where the slots are plentiful, and the yards are small

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:49 AM

You can either make special Stefan Larami darts, or you can make your gun shoot farther AND fire regular megas or micros. Take out the air restrictors. That's what making it only possible to shoot SuperMaxxes. Of course, you could do something like this except you could alter it a bit. Instead of using a mega, use 5/8 inch Foam Backer Rod (aka Caulk Saver, Caulk Backing. Usually found in the weather stripping section of Home Depot or similar store) and instead of a suction tip, use a basic Stefan tip. Burn a small hole in the front of your FBR (just enough to hold 2 BB's or 1 fishing weight), drop some glue in, and put your weight in. Then burn the hole in the back like said in that article. You don't have to cover up the hole like he/she did, because there is no hole in FBR.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#6 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:38 AM

There are no air restrictors in the sm750. The micros just dont fit and megas shoot about a foot. I was thinking about doing something with 5/8 backer rod, but thought there was a better way. Obviously not, ill do what you suggested, thanks!
Black Masks & Gasoline

#7 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:57 AM

There are no air restrictors in the sm750...

Wrong. There are some big-ass air ristrictiors in there. Unless you've opened the gun and took them out.
~Halfling

#8 last man standin

last man standin

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 10:49 AM

I meant there arent any in MY sm750, I bought it from my friend who i think took them out. I'll open it up anyhow, just to be sure.I was also thinking, since im getting my cpvc today I might just mod it with a barrel replacement to shoot micros I fi can figure out how.
Black Masks & Gasoline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users