Vassili's Content

There have been 146 items by Vassili (Search limited from 24-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49350 Yet Another Music Thread

Posted by Vassili on 11 March 2005 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

I wasn't going to join because music wasn't one of my favorite things to think about after getting my iPod stolen, but I got it back so I'm in.

#2859 X-stream Mods Completed

Posted by Vassili on 31 March 2003 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Wait, they are pump guns, right? How many pumps for the 100 feet? Also that's micros in PVC going 100 feet?

#3588 X*stream Modification

Posted by Vassili on 17 April 2003 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

I'm doing something very similar, also a breach loader, but I was planning on using a 6-inch barrel, but since you know better I'll be going with a 8 or 9 inch barrel, so the rest of the one foot section will at least be usable as barrels for my Triple Shot. I'll experiment with different lengths of 17/32" brass at the rear, maybe none at all. I'll have pictorial mod writeups for the MS and TSh for the FF revamp, but the TSh might be crayolaed due to lack of brass. The cocking mechanism is really ingenious, the long cocking lever allows for you to be able to use stronger springs. The Max Shot is the new xbow. The Max Shot will be battle tested by IronRhino and myself tomorrow, we're having a 15-or-so person war. I don't know if the First Shot is all that great, but I think the TSh will rule. It's got 3 barrels that auto-rotate when you cock it, drawing impressive ROF. Lanard toys gets a cookie and a half for these guns.

#3590 X*stream Modification

Posted by Vassili on 17 April 2003 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

Oh yeah, I forgot about the prices:

Max Shot: $9.99 | compared to a good condition crossbow: $30-40
Triple Shot: $7.99 | compared to an Airtech 2000: $9.99

#3882 X*stream Modification

Posted by Vassili on 23 April 2003 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

Wow, the Triple Shot is really underpowered. It's got a really dinky plunger, I was disappointed. I cut off the barrels to about 3/4" and then wrapped them in electrical tape and put the only barrel I could find, 4 inches of 17/32" brass. I haven't measured but it's nothing special, about 50. I think the best this will go is LnL range, but that will still be good because it has a very nice ROF.

#3962 X*stream Modification

Posted by Vassili on 24 April 2003 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

I was thinking exactly what superadaquabat was thinking, if you can get three shots at 50 feet I will be perfectly happy. Why single barrel a TS when you can get a MS? I'm going to try and bore the passages as much as possible, but I'm definitely leaving the rotating barrels on.

#3601 X*stream Modification

Posted by Vassili on 18 April 2003 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

IronRhino and I finished two Max Shots today, I was impressed and unimpressed. A breachloading 12-inch brass barrel with normal stefans (2 inch, single BB weighted) got an average of 85 feet flat, with the better shots around 90. Accuracy is very very good. I was unimpressed with these numbers, I think tweaked out I can get better. 85 feet is very good, but this gun has more potential.

The part I was impressed with is how it shot stefans made out of stock micros. With airjets-turned-stefans this gun got an average of 132 feet flat, with the best around 145. Accuracy is superb with these darts, I shot a dart at IronRhino from 132 feet and it landed at his feet. If you have any doubts, these were measured on asphault with a measuring wheel thing. Probably an average of a foot or two skipping.

I couldn't finish the Triple Shot mod, but all the pics are set for the Max Shot mod. Cxwq, you'll probably invent a better mod, but I'm looking forward to see how you go about it.

edit:: I wrote this while Cxwq was writing his, just so you know

#3642 X*stream Modification

Posted by Vassili on 18 April 2003 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

You don't have to open the gun at all to get the red barrel off, you can just pull and use a flathead to pry it off. I figured out today that our stefans are extremely shitty, with the good stefans that the people we were fighting had my gun is good for 90. The telescoping part is just 17/32", right?

#3686 X*stream Modification

Posted by Vassili on 19 April 2003 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

Here's the finished pic of mine, lookin' sweet. I find it easier to just wrap the white barrel in electrical tape, saw it down to the electrical tape, and put a 1/2" PVC coupler over it. I'm trying to get 17/32" into the white barrel, but I don't have a dremel. Yesterday we had a 13 person war, and everyone who was there can say they kicked ass. Also, has anyone had any trouble opening the back part? Mine just won't come apart.

#9853 Www.nerf.tk

Posted by Vassili on 17 September 2003 - 08:00 PM in General Nerf

Uh, Arcanis, I think that you're thinking he's giving away his site, but I'm pretty sure he's just giving away www.nerf.tk, which you can use as a cloak to just link to your site.

#8859 Wow, I Made A Dart That Gains Lift!

Posted by Vassili on 28 August 2003 - 11:20 PM in Homemades

How do they fit in a barrel if they have wings?

#1912 What Do You Do In The Winter?

Posted by Vassili on 01 March 2003 - 08:28 PM in Off Topic

There's not really much of a winter here in California, just some rain. It hasn't snowed here since I was 3.

#3675 Weird Question

Posted by Vassili on 19 April 2003 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

Does hot glue dry harder when it's out of a high-temp hot glue gun or low-temp hot glue gun?

#3678 Weird Question

Posted by Vassili on 19 April 2003 - 06:54 PM in General Nerf

Thanks, whatever I have doesn't dry very hard.

#2015 Websites

Posted by Vassili on 04 March 2003 - 09:40 PM in Site Feedback

Which forum do things about nerf websites go? General?

#47591 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by Vassili on 20 February 2005 - 12:07 AM in Off Topic

I can't put vinyl on my IPod.

You can't put shit on your iPod because you don't have one.

#24773 Unnamed Eab Creation

Posted by Vassili on 24 April 2004 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I finally decided to get off my lazy ass and finish one of my old projects. This gun has been made from scraps of many assorted things, but the valve is from a supersoaker (CPS 1000) and the pump is from a Larami 2000 (Sm5k lookalike). In case you were wondering the T-coupler on the back makes up most of the airtank. Range is very good, quite a distance past 100 feet, but the main thing I love is the velocity and accuracy. I have never seen another gun shoot with with the same velocity and accuracy as this one. ROF is also very good, thanks to the breach that I cut out of the shell. The only problem I have with this gun is that the pumping is a little awkward. Any input on where to relocate it is gratefully accepted. I couldn't stand the bright yellow pump handle, so that and the EaB trigger got painted black.

#25286 Unnamed Eab Creation

Posted by Vassili on 01 May 2004 - 12:23 AM in Modifications

Relocated the pump...

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

You can see in the third pic that I used a long, bendable brass sheet and formed it to the shell and pump, then wrapped the brass in extremely tight duct tape. That and the fact that the pump presses against a large section of the gun's shell make for an extremely sturdy pump. I think the gun also looks a lot better now, especially with the insulator padded foregrip. Thoughts?

#25463 Unnamed Eab Creation

Posted by Vassili on 03 May 2004 - 06:00 PM in Modifications

No, but judging by the fact that it outranged the farthest shot on my rifled PETG testing, I'd have to say more than 130 feet.

#4948 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 24 May 2003 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

Is that whole black tube all the plunger? If so, this thing has some potential. Only problem is I think it might be too big for a secondary weapon but not powerful enough for a good primary.

#5327 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 05 June 2003 - 09:36 PM in General Nerf

Actually, you're right, the only time my parents have ever gotten their credit card stolen is when my dad payed for parking at the airport. Some guy bought 5,000 dollars of furniture in Maryland with our money. I don't know what it is, but they think the internet is the devil. I'll keep on trying to convince them.

#5266 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 03 June 2003 - 08:16 PM in General Nerf

So does your barrel move along with the plunger tube? If it didn't then there would be wasted space. Either that or I'm not getting how this works.

#5269 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 03 June 2003 - 10:53 PM in General Nerf

Sounds great, but I really don't get how it works or where that 1' barrel goes. The barrel is in the plunger?

#5284 Two Towers Crossbow

Posted by Vassili on 04 June 2003 - 05:03 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I was thinking about it in boring Spanish and I understand it now. My parents are kinda anti-buying-things-off-the-internet, so has anybody seen any of these in a store?

#34234 Troll Wallpapers

Posted by Vassili on 17 August 2004 - 10:34 PM in News

There haven't been any major recent troll problems in the last week and a half, it's just kind of Groove's response to all the useless emo trolls everywhere, am I right?

#478 The Great Debate!

Posted by Vassili on 09 January 2003 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

I'm a fan of modified micros. But then, that's mainly because I can't find the proper size of brass. We'll see once I get some... At some point.

I could send you brass if you really wanted. I can only get it in 1' sections, but there isn't much of a need to have a longer barrel, except maybe in a homemade with a huge air volume.

#36524 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by Vassili on 06 September 2004 - 12:55 AM in Off Topic

Ew. Mine was a bunch of half-naked bodybuilder guys. Search at your own risk.

#25647 Super Soaker Mod

Posted by Vassili on 06 May 2004 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

If you are going to actually leave the extremely large airtank, then yes I guess an XP gun would be more practical than a CPS gun but you're still talking about at least 30 pumps. However, if you are going to greatly reduce the air tank (which I highly reccomend), then a CPS valve would be just as good if not better than an XP valve.

#3553 Suggestions For The Store

Posted by Vassili on 16 April 2003 - 08:48 PM in Site Feedback

I think it might be a good idea if you had the X-stream guns in the store, they're cheap and very good.

#10396 Ssii Mods?

Posted by Vassili on 25 September 2003 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Self-Explanatory.

#47742 Springs

Posted by Vassili on 21 February 2005 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

Yeah, a C-882 Century spring cut in half is the perfect fit for an EaB. You should be able to find one at your local hardware store, even Lech could find one in Australia.

I highly reccomend bolt cutters or aviation snips. The first time I cut a spring, the only thing I could find was a jigsaw. It wasn't pretty, but an hour later I finally had two pieces.

#11476 Spring For Eagle Eye

Posted by Vassili on 15 October 2003 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

The best part about my mod is the fact that it is actually reduced to the size of a pistol. The only mods relating to the power of the gun is I lubed the plunger with vegetable oil, which really helped, and put on a nice telescoped brass barrel. If you really wanted to go all out you could widen the plunger and use like 1" PVC for the plunger tube, the shell is wide enough to do so.

#11378 Spring For Eagle Eye

Posted by Vassili on 13 October 2003 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

No, the Eagle Eye didn't need a spring replacement, the spring was relatively strong, but if you want extra power you could find a better one. I just think a trusty secondary shouldn't be impossible to cock. FF seems to be working now.

#30605 Spin Stabilization?

Posted by Vassili on 07 July 2004 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

I tried it with PETG. It didn't really work that well, the darts had very abnormal flight patterns and the reason one of the shots went 135 feet was because the dart decided to spin upwards. I never did find a very good way to keep the PETG very straight, so someone could probably make a better rifled barrel and get better results, but I doubt it will help at all.

Why do I not think it will work? With a rifled barrel, air can seap around the dart through the rifled grooves in the barrel, losing air pressure behing the dart. The benefit of the dart spinning just won't be able to make up for the lost air pressure.

The reason that rifled barrels work with firearms is because the bullet slightly expands from the heat and fills up the grooves. If someone was to make well-made darts with fins and made the fins spin in the grooves of the rifled barrel, you might get some good results. But, of course, making darts with fins is no easy task, and the added range will not be worth the extra hours put into making darts.

::edit:: And goddamnit okto, get a different avatar. That goes for you guys, too, NinjZ, crankymonky, and Katachi.

#30688 Spin Stabilization?

Posted by Vassili on 08 July 2004 - 10:52 AM in Modifications

We also tried burning grooves in the darts, but they didn't really perform any better than normal stefans. They just weren't worth the time needed to burn the grooves. Also, as Ray said, they could not stand the Nerfing environment as well as normal stefans.

#25507 Small Soldiers

Posted by Vassili on 03 May 2004 - 11:04 PM in General Nerf

...The SM500, IMO, is the best Nerf sidearm you can get in power. Around 70' properly modded, if not, more.

Try an SS2 or SM750 if you think 70' is good for a sidearm. Still though, the SM500 is a very good gun, as with the small soldiers rifle. If you're up to it, I highly reccomend Cx's internal barrel mod

#1786 Sm5k Pistol

Posted by Vassili on 24 February 2003 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

I have a Larami 2k inside my EaB but I'm having problems connecting it to the trigger and I think air leaks out through the pump. Still working on it. I might also have an At2k on the bottom part.

#25744 Sm3k Blue Mod Update

Posted by Vassili on 09 May 2004 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

You're hilarious.

#3966 Sigs

Posted by Vassili on 24 April 2003 - 10:50 PM in Site Feedback

Hey I live closer to Santa Cruz than probably everybody here, and Santa Cruz is the biggest hippie town I've ever heard of.

#6835 SharpShooter II Nested Brass

Posted by Vassili on 10 July 2003 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

I can easily believe that his gets 60 feet, the SSII I did for IronRhino gets an average of 67 feet flat, but that is with a replaced spring.