Super Soaker Mod

Help...

6 replies to this topic

#1 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:40 PM

I just found a super soaker, cps 1000. I was able to open it up and take a look around… pretty simple. I was wondering if it is able to not have to pump so many times to get the gun fully pumped. I tried taking out the water tank, it helped a little but still around 50 pumps.

Any thoughts…
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#2 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:04 PM

First off, cut off the end of the nozzle and take out all the white pieces that restrict the air. Now, the reason I think this gun takes so long to pump up has to do with the pump itself. That's the only reason I can find, because I took it apart and hooked a sm1500 pump on it, and I get around 100 feet with 10 quick pumps. 5 pumps gets about 80.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 06:01 PM

Just wondering... anyone mod a CPS2000 before? My friend has two and says I can use one for nerf modding :lol: . I remember it was one super-powerful gun, and was wondering if anyone's done a mod on it before.

Oh and blink, you could try filling the chamber partially with hot glue or sealant or something.. or if it's the rubber bag like I think it is, find a smaller bag?

~ompa

#4 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:42 PM

Guys, XP guns will work fine for Nerf purposes.

If you insist on using a large CPS gun, don't for the love of god hack it up or anything. Duct tape a PVC barrel on just to test it. You'll see what I mean that an XP gun works fine. The CPS guns are good for water because the use the rubber bladder technology of RF nerf guns. XP guns use the same type of valve and air tanks as Nerf guns, just try with one of those.

The other reason not to butcher a CPS2000 or one of its bretheren is because you can get a bunch of dough on eBay or www.waterwars.net for one of them. Or, just keep it and use it when you want to soak your friends. That is all.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#5 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 08:30 PM

If you are going to actually leave the extremely large airtank, then yes I guess an XP gun would be more practical than a CPS gun but you're still talking about at least 30 pumps. However, if you are going to greatly reduce the air tank (which I highly reccomend), then a CPS valve would be just as good if not better than an XP valve.
Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

#6 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts
  • State:California

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:21 AM

Hmm, a good idea for a CPS system would be to make a clip out of brass.

You could put a long PVC barrel on the gun, then cut it right near the base. Then you have a place for a gravity fed clip. You could make the clip out of three inch pieces of brass, and just drop it through the hole.

I dunno if it would work, but it seems like it would because of the bladder system and how they're made to release a lot of air over a long period of time.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#7 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:30 AM

The clip seems like a cool idea. All I did not was take out the water tank and put a 6’’ copper barrel on. But I wanted to try something. I cut a 2.5’’ hole into the copper. I then took one of those hot water insulators for piping that was half inch in diameter. I put a little duct tape around the copper pipe to get a tight fit and did the bullet ever fly. The insulator is airtight and it extremely tight around the copper (not to tight that you can’t slide it though.)

Do you think I could fill the bag with hot glue so the bag will become smaller in diameter? Or put something in the bag like F.B.R? This will take up space so I dont have to pump so many times?
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users