Glint's Content

There have been 251 items by Glint (Search limited from 29-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#220123 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by Glint on 27 March 2009 - 08:58 AM in General Nerf

War-related for me isn't that bad. My worst is practically melting/scapring all the skin off my left kneww from sliding around so much at Massacre 3.

As for modding it would either be when I was holding my Recon still with my left and and using a flathead screwdriver to pry of hot glue when the hotglue came loose, flew up and the screwdriver kept going and left a massive, long gash in me left thumb.
Or it would be attempting to compress a DTB spring and having it pop out at me and slice open a huge cut on my right thumb.

My poor thumbs they take such a beating :P

#217017 Wtb: Dtb Turret

Posted by Glint on 08 March 2009 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

Well because it's in the wrong section I'll just say I PMed you.

You've been PMed.

#211146 Working Shotgun

Posted by Glint on 10 February 2009 - 04:24 PM in Homemades

I think i read this about five times over before I came to the conclusion that this thing's basically a bunch of different tubes taped/glued/adhesived together in some way or another.

First off (as Echnalaid said) where's the air supply? Trigger Mechanism? Catch? Anything that actually makes it a freaking gun?

And secound off, don't post this "if you're at school and can't post pictures" Wait until you freaking get home to post this and actually make a good, clean thourough post out of it (as much as you can, seeing as this thing's just a bunch of pipes)

#211152 Working Shotgun

Posted by Glint on 10 February 2009 - 04:41 PM in Homemades

First off (as Echnalaid said) where's the air supply? Trigger Mechanism? Catch? Anything that actually makes it a freaking gun?

I think it is supposed to be a shotgun attachment.

Ah, if that is the case then I appologize for being a bit harsh.
But at least he could have specified that, instead of calling it a "Working Shotgun".

#216469 Whick Lube For A Pas

Posted by Glint on 05 March 2009 - 03:58 PM in Modifications

So Bob, you're suggesting for us to use Baby Oil as a lubricant?

#210588 Where In The Hell

Posted by Glint on 08 February 2009 - 07:28 PM in General Nerf

Not the doomsayer one.

There is only one Pump Action Shotgun, and that is "the Doomsayer one". I really don't know what you're looking for.

#210663 Where In The Hell

Posted by Glint on 08 February 2009 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

There is only one Pump Action Shotgun, and that is "the Doomsayer one". I really don't know what you're looking for.

Actually, he is right, the Doomsayer shotgun is sold as the "ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun", so technically you are wrong.

Exactly what I was going to back my point up with. Thanks for doing it for me Busta.

#218801 Ways Of Wrapping A Bungee

Posted by Glint on 19 March 2009 - 04:13 PM in Modifications

I'm having some trouble with using bungees on my spring pistols. On both my NF and Switch Shot, the way I currently have the bungee wrapped is visibly bending the plunger rods. Here's some pictures (because explaining would be too hard to do):

Here's how I have it:
Posted Image
Posted Image

When it's wrapped like that there's an upward bend in the plunger rod:
Posted Image

Now when I wrap it the opposite way that I had before (the loop starting through the top of the ring instead of the bottom) like this:
Posted Image
Posted Image

There's a bend sideways in the plunger rod:
Posted Image

And when i wrap it with the hooks hooking onto the ring and the bungee wrapped around the front of the gun (underneath the barrel) the plunger rod has a bend both side and downwards (didn't take pictures)

Now my NF can be wrapped like this:
Posted Image

But the Switch Shot doesn't have a big enough lip/ridge for the bungee to rest on. On top of that, with the NF it slowly works its way up and off after a couple shots. Should I just glue it down?

So are there any other ways to wrap a bungee around a springer? If not, then which of the ways I have listed above is the least dangerous/straining on the gun? Thanks in advance.

#218808 Ways Of Wrapping A Bungee

Posted by Glint on 19 March 2009 - 04:46 PM in Modifications

And when I wrap it with the hooks hooking onto the ring and the bungee wrapped around the front of the gun (underneath the barrel) the plunger rod has a bend both side and downwards (didn't take pictures)

Split, doing that creates the biggest bend out of all the ways I've tried. Also, because of that the bungee would be crooked anyways, causing unever pull on the plunger rod (up and down). That's why I have the holes in the side of my shells (I don't know if any of the pictures show them) so the hooks can go in there (also, that makes them not stretch as far so they don't snap the plunger rod back or are too stretched than needed when the gun's primed).

#210673 War Legality

Posted by Glint on 08 February 2009 - 10:06 PM in Homemades

Before I let this die, I've just gotta throw in something.

If you use a BBBB rocket/missile out of a high-powered air gun (I know this from a plugged BBBB with a trimmed down stock barrel) then the missile will literally split. The missile's made of two pieces put together, and the massive amount of air for a high-powered air gun (especially a homemade) will absolutely rip it apart no question.

Kinda something like this:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Basically the fins split in two where the two parts come together and the front (weighted part) shot out while the bottom (hollow tube part) stayed sitting around the barrel.

I don't know about Titan Missiles or Ballistic Balls, but I wouldn't recommend trying a BBBB missile if you value them (which of course, I see no reason to value a BBBB missile)

#205544 Vulcan Gears Of War Paintjob

Posted by Glint on 22 January 2009 - 10:19 PM in General Nerf

Very cool! I especially like the ammo box.Has anybody else noticed the panda in the backgground in the third picture?

It's the fourth picture! Get your panda-spotting right!
What's the panda's name kwaneasy?

Anyways, I don't really see why this thread can't just go in the Modification/Panjobs thread. Apart from the ammo box, it's just a really nice painjob (great job, by the way).

Oh, and the panda. That's another reason for this thread to stay open like this.

#209948 Torque Bow

Posted by Glint on 06 February 2009 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

The handle and beginning of the body look the handle and beginning body of a Maverick.

#216485 The Official Internals Directory

Posted by Glint on 05 March 2009 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

We still need one for the Ultimator, right?

Great work here cheezy. Nothing really new to add; I'll just repeat that it looks like you did a lot of work. Thanks.

#205899 The Nerf Warrior System (nws)

Posted by Glint on 24 January 2009 - 10:03 AM in Homemades

I hope that you two realize that the last post in this topic (before SchizophrenicMC) was from October 24th, last year. Also note that the post itself is an apology for a necro by nerfnut.

Please read the Code of Conduct.

Looking back at your plan, am I right in thinking that you are suggesting a longshot be held on by rare earth magnets at shoulder level? I would think that the amount of jostling that it would receive is ridiculous at that height, and the longshot isn't one of the lightest or smallest guns to be carrying. So far as I know, most people just use a strap.

I hope that you realise that they were adding substansial information relating to the thread itself, brainstorming for better ideas. Perhaps you should re-read the CoC, or perhaps read it for the first time.

Anyways, why don't you just use a fucking bear trap and attach your guns to your back that way? I mean, much quicker and easier than these shit magnets...

#205905 The Nerf Warrior System (nws)

Posted by Glint on 24 January 2009 - 10:52 AM in Homemades

Bear Trap? Huh?

I think the plan here is to go with something similar to Gears of War and Halo's weapon storage. (This is the most modern version I can think of, but the idea goes back farther.)

Yes, a bear trap. Heck it might be a bit hard to rip your gun off of your back when you need it, but at least it stays there while you're running.

Well you can always attach it GoW / Halo style with a bear trap...

I can take a picture if you're confused...

#221860 The Mauler

Posted by Glint on 05 April 2009 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

Wow, great job as usual dizzy. I especially love the paint job (once again).

But when is Widget gonna be back? Hector unnerves me...

#236020 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by Glint on 13 June 2009 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha! Even better than the first one (yeah, seflish; but I'm in it a fair amount this time around).

If anyone didn't catch what happened at 5:15 (around there), I made a full out sprint down the right side and sprayed Applefury with the Magstrike while still running. We refered to this as the "Effeminate center flag push run" the rest of the day and on the review thread.

Good times, good times.

#234989 The Massacre 4 Videos

Posted by Glint on 08 June 2009 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha brings back the awesome memories of the rounds. You had the picture of me mid-slide on my back in there twice :unsure:.

Pumped for the next part(s). I never got a chance to see the footage Peason had of my Center Flag Push run, so I really wanna see that (if it's in there).

Awesome, as usual.

#206407 The Handy Pistol

Posted by Glint on 25 January 2009 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Wow, great work. Extremely clean from both the outisde and the insaide, and [as you mentioned] the option of two shots is a luxury indeed.

One question thought... for your original LSFG springer AR removal, you drilled out the complete back of the plunger/barrel, correct? Because I have my barrel sitting here in front of me and it's back (where you drilled out) has a tiny little hole in the back, while yours is completely open.

Again; great work. It would've been cool it you made it so you could still attach it to the LS, but as a sidearm pistol it looks to me like it serves its purpose very well. It is indeed a "Handy Pistol".

#238951 The Gemini

Posted by Glint on 27 June 2009 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

Well if I could just jump into this...

I think it was you that posted the AR removal Switchshot Mod (forgive me if I'm wrong, but the question remains the same), and you didn't fully drill through the barrel where the AR previously was, you left the small hole.

Did you ever fully drill through that hole or did you leave it as-is? Because I recall that I told the person who did that write-up to fully drill through. I never actually compared ranges from just the hole to fully drilled out, so I don't know if it improved the ranges or hurt them. 50 feet with the stock spring is impressive.

So are is your AR removal fully drilled out, or did you leave the small hole?

Hooooly crap I'm retarded. I didn't fully score your actual modification process to the guns, simply the attachment process. Sorry for taking up space.

#204067 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by Glint on 17 January 2009 - 09:01 AM in Modifications

Wow, looks awesome. I love how you made it so it can still be opened uo, even with the wooden foregrip and stock. I have a couple questions though...

In the first picture it looks to me like your top barrel or two are angled downwards. Maybe it's just the relfection of light of the PETG, or just the camera angle... or maybe I'm just retarded...?

Also, are you planning to cut off/sand down the bit of wood that sticks out of the top on the end of the stock? Because if you sanded/cut it down to be the same level as the back of the gun itself it'd look much better.

All-in-all looks really great. Good job.

#204091 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by Glint on 17 January 2009 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

Ah, okay. At least you have a reason for keeping the stock like that. Knowing you, it'll turn out looking great.

And I knew the barrels were just me :D

#212199 The 2nd Powerclip Write Up.

Posted by Glint on 14 February 2009 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

:EDIT: If you look carefully in the video you will see that when the mag breaks when it flies out and hits the ground.

Haha! After going back and watching to video again with that in mind, I saw that it really did. The fist time I watched I was like "That can't be good for the clip..."
Did you fix it?

But anyways, good mod. Finally someone posted how to transfer Magstrike clips to PC. Hope to see more done to this thing.

#227981 Switchshot Ex-3

Posted by Glint on 03 May 2009 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

I can vouch for these ranges. Yeah, it may not make sense; but try it yourself. These things are little beasties. I think it's because of the wide plunger tube.

Good writeup. A bit self-explanatory, but hey! I remember when I wouldn't/couldn't do a thing for myself without reading that someone else had done it succesfully (got over that thankfully).

I haven't tested ranges, but for mine I added a Disk Shot spring, and then widened that hole until it was almost flush with the stock barrel. It's so worth it. That hole barely lets any air through (the one in the 4th picture that you didn't drill through). May I ask why you decided not to widen it?

#220558 Successful Rear-loading Maverick.

Posted by Glint on 29 March 2009 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

Buuuuuuut, the barrels in any given maverick usually won't be long enough for this to be much better than loading from the front of the barrels.

Exactly what I was thinking to SGM's reply CS. Ramrodding doesn't really do anything with Mavs...

So again, I don't really see the point. But whatever, good thinking and even better work. I respect that you actually pulled it off.

#220539 Successful Rear-loading Maverick.

Posted by Glint on 29 March 2009 - 06:46 PM in Modifications

Meh. Personally, I don't really see the point. The Mav is small enough to not really be a bother to front load, and this doesn't allow any more acess to more barrels (even with the roulette mod you have to spin the turret to front load all the barrels).

But this has been attempted to be accomplish many, many times, so I applaud you that you actually pulled it off. Good work.

What are your ranges? I'm expecting it increases ranges...

#220582 Successful Rear-loading Maverick.

Posted by Glint on 29 March 2009 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

SGM: I'm not trying to rip you down or carry out an argument here. I respect and appreciate the work you do and you're very talented, but I just personally don't see the point of a rear-loading Mav. I respect that you worked hard and figured out a way to accomplish something that has been tried for a long time now. I would have said the same thing if anyone else had made it. Sorry if I came across harsh or acting like you didn't do anything great; because you did.

So... good work. Let's take it to PMs if we need to add anything more.

#243350 Stormfire Optimzation

Posted by Glint on 23 July 2009 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

I really like it. Especially the paintjob.

It seems by internal pictures that the trigger has quite a short pull (especially in comparison to the NF). Is this true?

#211784 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Glint on 12 February 2009 - 05:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe. As FA_24 said, it's the week after Massacre 3, and also I might just not be able to make it period. I'll look into it.

#225304 Sm 1.5k Trigger Reinforcement

Posted by Glint on 23 April 2009 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

Woah, woah, woah, hold on there, partner. Did you:
1) super glue the broken pieces together?
2) use the coat hanger method WITH a liberal amount of epoxy?

I'm fairly certain that will hold. Be sure that the coat hanger has enough space beyond the break. Also, don't use hot glue. It won't work for this.

But if you still can't get it to work, I remember seeing someone recently putting a snap into a new style 1.5k shell because his 1.5k broke. Search around and PM him about the trigger once you find him.

I superglued the pieces together at the snap point, waited for it to dry and then kinda brushed/dabbed some hotglue around the sides of the crack, then built up Epoxy putty around it all, along the side and up on the sides of the trigger and everything. Turns out the Putty was built too high, so it wouldn't pull, the shell wouldn't even come together. I sanded it down a bit, but it still scratched and had a lot of resistance along the shell. After a couple pulls it the Putty just ripped right where it had snapped before (I probably sanded it down too much, and then the extra resistance just finished it)

The coat hanger method works, I found multiple places to put them. The problem was the weakness caused by the already-existing fracture. The coat hangers work well. Thanks.

What I think I'll do is take the part that hold the pin and slides along the ridge in the shell and just attach a key ring to it in some way. It's a large piece. The only part that's really missing if I do that it the actual trigger that sticks out of the shell (a bit more off

#225157 Sm 1.5k Trigger Reinforcement

Posted by Glint on 22 April 2009 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

You shouldn't take it above 4 pumps. imaseoulman and OMC can attest to that. I know some people say you can take any nerf part to 70 psi, but it really just depends on the blaster. Some guns can take it, others can't. It's not worth the risk for something as rare as a 1.5K.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll tell my friend that when I return it to him.
A bit off topic, but is an SM 1.5k really "that" rare?

#225033 Sm 1.5k Trigger Reinforcement

Posted by Glint on 22 April 2009 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

I recently modded a SM 1.5k (new style) for a friend and was quite proud of it. After I closed it back up my mind was nagging me to do some reinforcement, because I've heard that because of increased air pressure of plugging a pump there's way more pressure on the trigger. Regretfully, I ignored it and presented my friend with a shiny SM 1.5k which he hadn't used in months, if not years.

He gave it back to me a few days later with a snapped trigger. Luckily for me, the trigger snapped right above where the actual trigger part (where your finger rests), not up where it pulls the air tank pin. After super gluing the sides together, dabbing some hot glue on there and then spreading Epoxy Putty around on top, it's pretty sturdy.

My only question now is, how can I reinforce up where the pin is so it doesn't snap again? I know cxwq did something here. but I don't really understand what. Has anyone done any reinforcement to theirs?

#225176 Sm 1.5k Trigger Reinforcement

Posted by Glint on 22 April 2009 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

They are getting there. They still fetch $25-$30 stock.

Ah, alright. Cool.

Well I just put a few pieces of coat hanger wire onto some places on the trigger and tried putting it all back together. Turns out I built the Epoxy Putty too high. After I sanded it down a bit, it was still a bit scratchy against the shell, but it worked nontheless. After a few trigger pulls at like 1 or 2 pumps the trigger fractured through the epoxy putty and the hot glue along the same line as before.

Dang. Turns out I'll go hunting for a replacement. Thanks for the help anyways.
The thread can die now.

#225153 Sm 1.5k Trigger Reinforcement

Posted by Glint on 22 April 2009 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

I might be able to find some good places on the trigger to put something like that in place, thanks.

I told him 5 pumps max. I took it up to 6 and 6 and a bit testing it, so it had the capability to go farther, but I didn't want him hurting anyone too bad, or the gun itself (too late now). Maybe.

It was a really tough trigger pull at 5, so it was understandable that the trigger broke. It's mostly my fault, and I'm trying to make up for my mistake now as best as possible.

#208394 Silent Longshot

Posted by Glint on 31 January 2009 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

Silence opening up a gun? Take apart the shells very slowly and carfully, makign sure that you don't make much noise.

As for silencing the gun itself (when it shoots), shove either FBR or spray some Expanding foam in all the dead space in the gun (which doesn't work will in a LS... because there isn't much dead space, in fact there's basically none). Or you can put some foam on the end of the plunger head to soften the blow against the plunger tube (make sure it's on there EXTREMELY tight or else it'll be ripped off and get caught in your plunger tube).

EDIT: Gahdangit Drew... beat me to it.

But nerffan30, you might also want to take a look at this thread:
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=15111

#211140 Silencer/ Comedic Barrel Extension For Longshot

Posted by Glint on 10 February 2009 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

I'd expect the decrase in range is because you added on that faux barrel. The LSFG Faux Barrel has a horrid fit on micro darts, and actually decreases range (just like the barrel extenstion of a recon).

You should probably trim down the faux barrel so that it's only as long as the actual silencer itself (plus the little end part with the notches and stuff). That might help a bit. How big of a range decrease did you get?

But does it actually silence at all?

#226390 Short Bans

Posted by Glint on 26 April 2009 - 09:00 PM in Off Topic

CaptainSlug has been very diligent over the past day or so, and every time I see him warn or ban someone it's for an understandable and/or obvious reason that deserves whatever CS said/did.

Now practically all the admins are very good about this and aren't unfair or unjust when it comes to these matters. Every time I've seen someone get banned it was never for a bad reason; I always agreed with the admin. It's not like these guys are mindless drones who don't understand humans and ban at the slightest indifference to the CoC (well, maybe VACC... just kidding :P). People are given many warning by both admins and fellow members as well. Some choose to blatantly disregard this advice. Well, their loss; you can't feel sorry for them.

#208645 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Glint on 01 February 2009 - 02:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I believe that Forsaken was doing what Falcon asked, and checked in with his Name, location, not naming a city.

I think we're leaning towards the Mississauga area for our Stop in Ontario, because that's where several recent wars have been held.

Ah... yeah. I feel retarded now. Sorry for being stupid.

Anyways, I'm really excited for this summer, it's going to be awesome. I'd love to go to both the July 26th Royal Oak War and the July 27th Ontario, but I don't know if I'll be able to manage it. I'll probably just go to one or the other.

#208041 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Glint on 30 January 2009 - 10:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, sounds a looks incredible. I cannot wait for this summer!

I am practically a definate for the Ontario, July 27th was OR the Royal Oak July 26th war. Either or, probaly won't be able to make it to both (unless someone else is driving there that I maybe could get a ride from.

Is the Ontario July 27th war in Michael, as FA24 said?

#208636 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Glint on 01 February 2009 - 02:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Do we at least have a set town/city for the July 27th Ontario War? Not looking for an exact location yet, but maybe just the place it's in. Or do we not have a set area yet?

Is it in Michael as FA24 said?