Photo

Ways Of Wrapping A Bungee

5 replies to this topic

#1 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

I'm having some trouble with using bungees on my spring pistols. On both my NF and Switch Shot, the way I currently have the bungee wrapped is visibly bending the plunger rods. Here's some pictures (because explaining would be too hard to do):

Here's how I have it:
Posted Image
Posted Image

When it's wrapped like that there's an upward bend in the plunger rod:
Posted Image

Now when I wrap it the opposite way that I had before (the loop starting through the top of the ring instead of the bottom) like this:
Posted Image
Posted Image

There's a bend sideways in the plunger rod:
Posted Image

And when i wrap it with the hooks hooking onto the ring and the bungee wrapped around the front of the gun (underneath the barrel) the plunger rod has a bend both side and downwards (didn't take pictures)

Now my NF can be wrapped like this:
Posted Image

But the Switch Shot doesn't have a big enough lip/ridge for the bungee to rest on. On top of that, with the NF it slowly works its way up and off after a couple shots. Should I just glue it down?

So are there any other ways to wrap a bungee around a springer? If not, then which of the ways I have listed above is the least dangerous/straining on the gun? Thanks in advance.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

The hooks go onto the top front of the priming handle, and the bungee wraps around the front, below the barrel.
Teehee.

#3 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

And when I wrap it with the hooks hooking onto the ring and the bungee wrapped around the front of the gun (underneath the barrel) the plunger rod has a bend both side and downwards (didn't take pictures)

Split, doing that creates the biggest bend out of all the ways I've tried. Also, because of that the bungee would be crooked anyways, causing unever pull on the plunger rod (up and down). That's why I have the holes in the side of my shells (I don't know if any of the pictures show them) so the hooks can go in there (also, that makes them not stretch as far so they don't snap the plunger rod back or are too stretched than needed when the gun's primed).

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#4 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

Then you're doing it wrong. Maybe you don't know physics, but if it's pulling both up and down, they cancel out if the forces are even. Make them even.

If there's a problem with the length of the bungees, it's obviously not from the method of putting it on. It's with the length of the bungees. Get longer ones or shorten the ones you have as necessary.
Teehee.

#5 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

just use Rubber bands. they have done me much more good than bungees. you can use an equal mix of all the ways to wrap them so they don't bend your plunger rods. I have an obscene amount of them on my pistols.

And if i'm letting a freind use it, I take most of them off. I'm fairly paranoid about dryfiring and it's the most i can do. Also, it gives me a little more advantage. Hey, I'm fat and slow, but i deserve something.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#6 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

I've had good luck running 2 bungies from the cocking handle to the space in between the NF's light and barrel, there is a small whole there. If you understand what I'm talking about. However, you can replace the spring and ensure you have a straight plunger rod. You also don't have the risk of a bungee coming off and potentially hitting you in the eye, as happened to Uriel.
Tyranny Response Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users