Cadmond's Content

There have been 97 items by Cadmond (Search limited from 01-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7024 Sm1500 Repair

Posted by Cadmond on 14 July 2003 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

my useless, but horribly fun idea! involves .. wait a second, first I need to ask a question. Is the o-ring in a kind of well there, or is it fully exposed? if it's in a well (I haven't looked at an sm1500 for a lonnnnggg time) I think you'd have to go from small tubing, to washer/whatnot If it's exposed (like half) you can use a regular washer, like zero said. But!

I dunno how well the washer will stay with just plumber goo, and .. washer-ness. So! if you wanted to! you could use a support! system! (sorry :huh:)

http://www28.brinkst...0-reinforce.gif
alright folks, copy and paste. Like I said, I dunno.. 3 times, over-complication, but I like it!

#15488 It's Like... What The Hell?

Posted by Cadmond on 02 January 2004 - 04:38 AM in General Nerf

Ah yes well.. am I to blame for your sudden misfortune?

Just wondering where to lay the guilt :ph34r:

Oh, and just for the cookie
Your little brother accidentally killed 2 cats (of which you apparently had many (or have)) in the span of a week.

#20024 What Is This?

Posted by Cadmond on 26 February 2004 - 11:32 PM in Off Topic

It's Cthulhu. C'mon, don't they teach you about Cthulhu in school? Nyarlathotep? LOVECRAFT AT ALL?
They'd better, you need to know these things to survive.. on the streets.

#6971 Free Webhosting

Posted by Cadmond on 13 July 2003 - 09:12 PM in Off Topic

Agreed, the bandwith on brinkster sucks eggs. Maybe I should switch.. Hmm

#5655 Captain Simian And The Space Monkeys

Posted by Cadmond on 12 June 2003 - 08:36 PM in Off Topic

Obviously, none of you know what he's talking about.. making you all FOOLS!

It was by far the most fun ape-cartoon ever. It beat the crap out of grape ape, and magilla gorilla... and probably out of any animated ventures of donkey kong or king kong for that matter. I'm sure there are more, but Captain simian was far too clever to be defeated by them. I was always slightly disturbed by their re-occuring enemy's brain.. but, yeah. It was fun.

#1815 Graphic Design Programs...

Posted by Cadmond on 26 February 2003 - 01:05 AM in Off Topic

vector graphics.. hooohhh!!! I use illustrator for the most part while making vector graphics, but if you're looking for those *cough*ugly*cough* pixels, yes, photoshop is the best.. but also pricey, unless you're a software pirate...... I've heard good things about GIMP, might want to give that a try.

#23778 Construction

Posted by Cadmond on 08 April 2004 - 12:27 AM in Off Topic

Building? Yes..

I have a (nearly done) easel, some tools, and other junk up here that I built.. If someone would give me a proper sized chunk of steel, tongs and whatnot would be in there, but those are metal! bah..

I suck.. really bad.. at woodwork. Everything is way to thick in it, my holes are never straight (...) and I'm to cheap to buy a drill press... or a table saw. I'm surpised the easel works so far, along with that crappy stand for my large, unoperational, air cannon.

I'll tell you the trick. It's lots and lots of screws and nails. Yes.

But metal is alot better. I've got welding knowledge (wee! pencil holder) and those various other things. Metal is alot easier if you have the right tools.. and fortunately, I can mooch off the school shop unless I want to make a sword. They're dangerous, apparently.

#9161 My Latest And Greatest

Posted by Cadmond on 03 September 2003 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

The colors remind me of a sick bumblebee.. but aside from that, looks nice.

... and.. thirst.. seriously? His tooth?... yeesh.

#19819 Do You Hate The Riaa As Much As I Do?

Posted by Cadmond on 25 February 2004 - 01:11 AM in Off Topic

I hate all of them really. You see, there is a system in place, one which we probably will never change, that requires you to have money to live. Yeah, live, and this is a fact, whether you believe it or not. Even pan-handling is a way of making money. So you see, the musicians do need the cash. And they need the attention. But also, they have to make money, not the industry leaders. After all, this is their writing, their playing, their time. Usually... But there is another problem, the abusers. Who are the abusees? Why, the musicians. And we're trying to help them? See, there needs be regulation. Hell, even GOOD sampling systems set up would satisfy both sides (not the amazon.com CRAP they hand out.) It's abusers vs records labels. And who really really loses in the fight? Music. Poor kid of ours. Why, we should get child services to take them to a foster home.. or something.

To simplify and restate

Sampling = Good
Stealing = Bad
Nazi = Bad
Music = Good
Poor starving musicians = Bad
Amazon sampling system = Very bad
Saying you have nothing better to spend 10 dollars on because you can = bad
Paying more than 10 dollar for a cd = stupid

C'mon kids, do your bloody research.

#19899 Do You Hate The Riaa As Much As I Do?

Posted by Cadmond on 25 February 2004 - 09:41 PM in Off Topic

Well, I think most of you arses are just being lazy. I remember my youth spent gleefully listening to the most OBSCURE crap I could find.. actually, I still do that. With the power of mp3.com (come back damnit!), IUMA.com, artist websites, forums, and everything I could get my hands on. The most awesome of these things had to have been internet radio, which pumps out things you won't ever have thought existed. The power there, is just enormous, because the dj (and there are many), actually understands they are dealing with art. It's like they're researching the stuff for you.

I would have to agree that alot of record labels are simply calling it money now-a-days, and somewhat throwing it around willy nilly. Seriously, there are lots of jobs you can be in not for the money, but for the cool things you can do, if you want to. But it's not always a given.

The people that have posted so far seem to be oblivious to the power of the internet. The very thing you're using right now! Because of it, I can buy cds from England no problem! And sure, you'll miss out on lots of music, because the internet hasn't really affected all regions yet, but the traditional way? You're just screwing yourself up the ass with the traditional way. Hell, you probably can't get out of english speaking countries with it. The new way, even comes with a low, low price, even with shipping. Less middlemen, really.

Also, on the topic of independent labels.
They've worked for me. They don't have to sell through bestbuy, or barnes and noble (talk about ripoffs) and they offer new, good music. They aren't in it for the money, the labels. Nor are most artists. Why?

Because it's art! They handle it with care. It's not something to get rich from, it's something to be heard, not something that needs a producer, label, industry, but just an audience. Christ people, we're talking about something that's supposed to be fucking beautiful, and you're more concerned with paying 10 dollars, than getting goosebumps.

Bastards aren't trying hard enough.

#25918 New Valve?

Posted by Cadmond on 11 May 2004 - 11:17 PM in Homemades

Disturbing...

I need to start sharing my designs more often.
Regardless, for valve-age, that design will work quite well I think. I can't see any disadvantages from the other systems I've seen... infact, more surface area would probably help, as the any leak would/could be stifled by a simple jiggle or whatever. Looks good. Hopefully, you'll be proactive, and tell us how an actual one works.

#25973 New Valve?

Posted by Cadmond on 12 May 2004 - 07:29 PM in Homemades

I suppose that means I have to explain it..

Well, the design won't really work, but whatever.

Anywho, the brass tubing is basically the inlet and outlet for the air, coming from an unspecified source, going in the direction called up, in correlation to the diagram.

The piston inlet port allows pressurized air to push on the piston, which should be full of a small "charge" or whatever, the piston then letting go of that charge through the top brass. it's not really a piston, more like a movable airtank....

Of course, the realistic concept design would should just have a stick to push on the piston from the left side (force going right..)

All the same benefits, less timing required.

Sorry bout that, just found the resemblance was odd.

#2957 CS Or DoD?

Posted by Cadmond on 04 April 2003 - 01:41 AM in Off Topic

Woot! FA!

As to the poll, DoD. I played CS during the earlier parts of my life (like back when the colt had a scope) and enjoyed it then, but when I came back to it, I saw everything was different, and I .. well, hated it. I've only played DoD a bit, but I loved what I played. MGs are funn..

#5208 Reggae

Posted by Cadmond on 01 June 2003 - 11:00 PM in Off Topic

The Specials are 2-tone ska you silly boy!... .. .. . ^_^
But they're good.. listening to them right now in fact.
(actually, I'm sure I'm wrong on the former point, and that they do go a bit reggae-ish on some songs..)

As for reggae, I'm sure I'd enjoy it if I listened to it more. The most I hear is the reggae that the pietasters play (which isn't really much.)

#5368 Reggae

Posted by Cadmond on 07 June 2003 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

Wow! good summary ash.. most people don't even think about the up-beat thing. But eh, I have some dis-agreeances... and I'm sure a few people would like to disagree with them. Anyways

Ska and ska-influenced music are different. We all have to recognize this fact. I often say sublime isn't ska, and often, I mean it. Though, this is entirely opinon.

Anywho, due to this, defining the first wave, 2-tone, and 3rd wave is quite difficult. Well.. if you want to be precise that is. I don't really want to define them.. but, it's, in my opinion, not in the timeframe, like a few people think, but in the sound. Not that it matters much, as the former thought is usually a minority.

Anywho, I should probably disagree now. I don't really think the only thing seperating ska and punk are the up-beat/down-beat. I really think there is alot more to it. But I hate genres, and I'm tired.. so I'll edit this post when I feel like explaining.

*edit*
oh wait! this thread is about reggae! oops..

#6880 Help!exploding Air Tanks!

Posted by Cadmond on 11 July 2003 - 12:49 PM in Homemades

Hah! I told you!
::pokes zero with a hot metal stick::

yeah.. that was pointless : /

Some word on the pvc shctuff..

For one, pvc cement welds it together to hold at 600+ (I'm sure theres a real number, but maybe the pipe goes first) So, start with a fresh cap and pvc end, and try it again, but remember

prime both
swab both with glue
and then stick em together while twisting 1/4 turn.. clockwise (or counter clockwise if you want to be a rebel)

Tubing also kinks with bends, if that happens to you.. basically ever, you can find a extension spring (I'm sure that's not what they are called, but the ones you pull on) and slide it over the tubing. Nerf seems to do that a bit, as do people who use tubing in odd bends. It should help.. I think.... can't quite remember

And as for power.... pretty sure zero is right. Unless, of course, your homemade has been probed by aliens recently.

#2797 Help With My Chainblazer

Posted by Cadmond on 30 March 2003 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

looks fine to me.. if it was broken (non-rotating) I could let you in a mod.. but it's not.. so I wont :alien:

but! you can, and this should work, make it "speed-loadable" by cutting the grey down a bit, sticking 1/2 cpvc in there, and then adding couplers onto the ends of the cpvc (making it all verrryy short, but still stable) then you just have to .. find some way.. to .. hmm.. how would you space 4 cpvc barrels properly? or would you even have to? Meh, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

#2860 Help With My Chainblazer

Posted by Cadmond on 01 April 2003 - 01:47 AM in Modifications

indeed there is waxy! talk to sandman about cadmonds super spiff chainblazer ***. That way, he does all the labor, and you still get to see it! It's a single barrel ***, but it's better than nothing.

*** *** *** ***! heehee, m-o-d is edited? whats with that? THIS IS A **** FORUM FOR GODS SAKE!

it reeks of forum-125 in here.

#15572 Trigger Mods?

Posted by Cadmond on 03 January 2004 - 12:24 PM in Modifications

Basically, it allows you to pull the trigger harder than before. The spring on the triggers of most of the supermax guns is there to prevent you from firing an overpressurized gun.

But anyways, I used to wrap the springs in ribbon and then tape... you could just put hotglue there too, as you've said.

Just find a way to make the spring on the trigger a rigid thing, with no tendencies to compress (well.. a great deal,) and you're done.

Doesn't really reduce the trigger pull.. Just makes it more responsive.

#5995 Music Choices

Posted by Cadmond on 24 June 2003 - 10:12 PM in Off Topic

I just packed all my cds away for a trip, but I'll try to do without

Pietasters, Aquabats, Mad Caddies, Hippos, Suburban Legends, Specials, Untouchables, The slackers, Ben Folds Five, The Chinkees (you just have to read along, makes the songs much better) Tilt, Bouncing Souls, and more!
exciting, isn't it?

#32572 New Ipod

Posted by Cadmond on 29 July 2004 - 02:04 AM in Off Topic

I dislike Apple for almost no reason, but regardless, I dislike them for all of eternity. So, to get around them, I've bought mainly cd players for the last 5-6 years of my life (only had to buy 2 so far.. my old one crapped out after 5 years)

But that part isn't really important. The part I'm getting to, is that I bought a minidisc inbetween those 2 cd players, and loved it. 5 cds in 1/4th the size of 1! Of course, it ends up being a fancy mp3 cd player, but woah ho ho! Look at this!

So, doing the math, we have a 200 dollar minidisc player, vs a 300 dollar ipod with 20 GB capacity.. I don't know who actually fills them up all the way.. but for math's sake, lets say so.

100 dollars difference, and 6 dollars a gig for the MD, and Ipod wins by 20 dollars. But you can easily pocket some of the 100 difference, and live off 3 gigs for a while. Or wait till they sell the HI-MD discs in bulk, instead of one at a time.. which I doubt they'll do any time soon.

Also, they can apparently record video.

But that just confuses me.

Anyways, I dislike sony as well, because its products only work with 98SE + (as does everything these days D: ) so if you don't like the alternative, oh well.

(By comparison, you can get a 100 dollar mp3-cd player, and then buy 30-ish 700 MBs cds for 50 cents each: 15 dollars worth of discs for 20 gbs, $185 saved. Of course, then you're lugging around 30 discs. Ipods might just be one of those "convenient" things. )

#32634 New Ipod

Posted by Cadmond on 29 July 2004 - 08:03 PM in Off Topic

On the subject of apple and iPod, here is another pleasant alternative to iTunes (the downloading part at least) which comes from distraught copyright laws of Mother Russia!

A penny a MB, weee!

While I disagree with ripping off artists, I disagree more with lieing about it... somehow.

#36741 Archery

Posted by Cadmond on 08 September 2004 - 11:29 PM in Off Topic

I've gone back to classic recurve bows.

It's kind of like stock class PB - at some point the state of technology advances past what's good for the sport.

What CX said.

I have a 35 pound bear polar (fiberglass composite) recurve (I was like 12 when I got it if you're about to throw question marks at the draw weight)

I haven't actually used it .. ever really. Never got a chance to go to the range after I bought it, and I'm scared that I'll kill someone if I shoot down the side of my house. I have tried to make 2 so far (after thoroughly engrossing myself in all 3 volumes of the bowyers bible for a year or something), the first one's limb snapped, the second one is sitting on my shelf waiting for tillering. Its too small now anyways.

So technically, I'm out of archery. I still find it fun (except not the olympics.. the mechanical releases were too far I say..)

#581 Anime

Posted by Cadmond on 13 January 2003 - 10:47 PM in Off Topic

Good list, however.. I must think of one too add...
could say
Trigun
lemme see, another would be good.. ummmm
super atragon
that was pretty cool.. all my others, you've already listed.

#686 Anime

Posted by Cadmond on 17 January 2003 - 10:36 PM in Off Topic

Metropolis was just.. too weird for me.. not very violent, and too quiet. That was the problem I had with it.

#12546 Happy B-day Sandman

Posted by Cadmond on 07 November 2003 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

*cough*

NOOGLESSSSS!!!!!!!!

ok.. I'm done.. .. .

NOOGLESSS!

#17233 4-barreled Crossbow

Posted by Cadmond on 26 January 2004 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

Ooh, yeah, those are some sexy bricks.. OH wait, theres the crossbow.
Sheesh, learn how to crop pictures.

Anyways, it's really black. But has only 1 (2) barrels.. you should tape another to it's side. And then grow huge hands, and .. stuff...

No, thats not what I meant!

#17046 4-barreled Crossbow

Posted by Cadmond on 24 January 2004 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

Neither really, it's basically a cheap variation on frost vectron's hydra turret.

However.. where's the automatic rotation? losers.

#28528 Seattle?

Posted by Cadmond on 14 June 2004 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess I should stop tuning out when I'm on the forums so such double postings won't happen. Is there no delete button, or am I just confused?

#29720 Seattle?

Posted by Cadmond on 28 June 2004 - 12:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Guys, as for parks, there are alot. It matters how open/closed you want.
I prefer obstacle full parks, and I dislike schools (concrete, kids playing basketball getting in the way, whatever)

Choose one or the other, and I'll try to list some.

Btw, what happened at whitman?

#28527 Seattle?

Posted by Cadmond on 14 June 2004 - 09:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Truely.

I live in seattle. I could probably back you for moral support, but nerfing isn't something I do much at all.

I don't know.. entice me?

#32187 The Ultimate Site For Homemades!

Posted by Cadmond on 23 July 2004 - 01:54 PM in Homemades

If you're going to be selling 80 or so of the homemades you make (I'd keep 20%, others might not) then the site is good. You might even get back most of your money. Or if you're making a lot of custom shells (for some odd reason..?)

But beside that, this site is useless.

That, and you can make your own castings, milling machines, ect to do this with. You just have to have some ambition.

Well, that and there are local machine shops that generally charge less.

#14809 American Faqs

Posted by Cadmond on 21 December 2003 - 12:36 PM in Off Topic

From what I've read, Cricket is a game in which you hit a ball with a paddle.. the ball being bowled, and you wearing shingaurds for.. I dunno. Then you run?

I'm a big fan of rugby, but was confused when I heard of another sport in australia very similar... If you know what I'm talking about, could you give it a name?

I've never been to Australia, so my opinion would hypothetical..
But I do like accents...

#7033 Revolver

Posted by Cadmond on 15 July 2003 - 12:31 PM in Homemades

I'll revive this topic a bit, and give you my thoughts (s'not THAT old!)

I've tried making revolvers, sniperx (I think that was him) supposedly came close, or finished, can't remember, and he did it the way all revolvers are made. With ratcheting turning systems.. youuuu knowww. So anyways. I never saw the plans, nor did anyone else, but ratcheting turning systems are your best chance for automatic rotation. Well.. rotation with the trigger motion, I'm pretty sure there's a diagram on howstuffworks.com in revolvers that shows how this works. Might be able to bodge that up (bodge..)

As for the seal, that's a bit trickier if you want automatic rotation. You could have it spring loaded, and go in when the trigger is in to a point, then shoot back out, with way of a catch.. but that's really, bit complicated, unless you're actually motivated :huh: . There are other ways, this one comes to mind first. Oh, and use internal coupings if you're going to do it this way (like, brass-cpvc barrel makes the seal.)
And if you want an extra barrel.. like revolvers, well.. that can't be too hard. Just remember to bevel the inside edges so the dart goes in easy.

[/ramble]

#20203 Nerfers In Seattle Area?

Posted by Cadmond on 28 February 2004 - 08:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Hm.. I live in Seattle.

But I don't really nerf..

#9085 Dude, Orange Juice Gas.

Posted by Cadmond on 02 September 2003 - 09:57 PM in Off Topic

You mean it began to vaporize with the addition of water? Neat... you should try to knock someone out with it :wacko:

#28348 Pop Darts

Posted by Cadmond on 12 June 2004 - 12:44 AM in Homemades

Harmless? bah!

I remember, one time, I got a paper towel, and unwrapped the contents of like 3 boxes of poppers into it, to make, obviously, one mega-popper.

Lets just say it was a bad idea.

#42288 Cell Phones

Posted by Cadmond on 23 November 2004 - 06:29 PM in Off Topic

Motorola V-180 is the phone I got a few weeks ago: its pretty basic, but has a color screen, flip, and cost around $50 dollars with some jumbly junk.. might be more or less without getting a new package, not sure.

#13027 Shotgun Style Air Gun

Posted by Cadmond on 19 November 2003 - 08:06 PM in Homemades

I assume you could just swab the end with rubbing alcohol instead of primer, if you can't find any of that purple junk about (it's all over my basement floor.)

I mean.. they smell the same..

#18292 Swat Homemade

Posted by Cadmond on 05 February 2004 - 08:21 PM in Homemades

Everyone should probably finish off this little quarrel with a dose of elephant tranqs.. That'd be nice.

Maybe a cup of tea too..

Question, what kind of homemade scope? Just like, 2 strings and a piece of tubing, or.. other sorts.. the cooler sorts.