Construction

Wood and shit...

15 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:38 PM

I just wanted to know if any of you are into carpentry and stuff. I built my desk, my two workbenches, the one in my garage, and a poo load of skate ramps seen here http://www.freewebs....ipoftheweek.htm .
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#2 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:06 PM

Yeah I'm pretty good at things like that. It's nothing like what your doing though. It's more of if i'm to lazy/cheap to get something.

Edited by THEengineer, 06 April 2004 - 05:09 PM.

#3 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 05:58 PM

Dood you skate, and make your own ramps. Thats awesome! I BMX and have been trying to make my own ramps and crap for years but never can get anything right. Anyway cool clips.
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#4 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:36 PM

I can't see the clip for some reason, but do you think you could describe your ramps to me? I have a small 2' quarterpipe and a kicker that I made along with some other store bought rails and such. My stuff isn't the best though and probably not that safe, cause I just use scrap wood and stuff. ;) At least it doesn't cost me anything.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#5 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:11 PM

Yea man. I have been skating for some time now 3 years...4. I just finished making a 3 foot by 14 foor pipe for my friend in his backyard.(bastard cost him 2k...rich mother) We have two boxes, about 3 rails(1 bought 2 homemade) 2 pipes(big one plus little one in his basement. Accually a spine.) one quarter pipe and just the street.

(scrap wood kicks ass!!!)
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#6 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:58 PM

In reply to carpentry, me and my dad are building our basement from pretty much scratch. The only thing that was already up were the load bearing studs. We have all the walls made, a bathroom installed, plumbing done, working on electrical now, next is drywall. I'm pretty good at it, but have no formal education in it, so I can't go get a carpentry job or whatever.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#7 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:23 PM

Christ I can't even name it all, 4.5 foot half pipe, 6 foot halpipe (2in vert),a pyramid, 4 boxes, one 1ft, one 2ft, one 1.5, one 3 with a kicker and a 3 stair on the end, two 3 foot quarter pipes, 6 foot roll in mini ramp, numerous rails and slider boxes, and my baby, a 15ft motocross ramp built for a nieghbor (hes second in the state) with diamond plate surfacing. I'll try and get pics of that one.

#8 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:16 PM

I'm not into woodworking that much, I prefer metalworking and such. Going to try and design a motorized Big Wheel. Although the woodworking lathe has got to be one of the funnest freehand tools to use ever.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#9 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:36 AM

i've got a 4' halfpipe in my driveway...along with a bunch of other shitty stuff. haven't used it in forever since i stopped rollerblading, but if anyone cares i'll take pictures, it's pretty sweet.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#10 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 03:48 PM

I enjoy wood and metle at school and I helped build a treefort that over looks my 4-wheeling track.
Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

#11 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:44 PM

I've got a treehouse.

Dan Wask, where do you get all that money man!

Edited by Formerly Sane, 07 April 2004 - 08:48 PM.

NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#12 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:27 AM

Building? Yes..

I have a (nearly done) easel, some tools, and other junk up here that I built.. If someone would give me a proper sized chunk of steel, tongs and whatnot would be in there, but those are metal! bah..

I suck.. really bad.. at woodwork. Everything is way to thick in it, my holes are never straight (...) and I'm to cheap to buy a drill press... or a table saw. I'm surpised the easel works so far, along with that crappy stand for my large, unoperational, air cannon.

I'll tell you the trick. It's lots and lots of screws and nails. Yes.

But metal is alot better. I've got welding knowledge (wee! pencil holder) and those various other things. Metal is alot easier if you have the right tools.. and fortunately, I can mooch off the school shop unless I want to make a sword. They're dangerous, apparently.

#13 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 10:05 AM

Building? Yes..

I have a (nearly done) easel, some tools, and other junk up here that I built.. If someone would give me a proper sized chunk of steel, tongs and whatnot would be in there, but those are metal! bah..

I suck.. really bad.. at woodwork. Everything is way to thick in it, my holes are never straight (...) and I'm to cheap to buy a drill press... or a table saw. I'm surpised the easel works so far, along with that crappy stand for my large, unoperational, air cannon.

I'll tell you the trick. It's lots and lots of screws and nails. Yes.

But metal is alot better. I've got welding knowledge (wee! pencil holder) and those various other things. Metal is alot easier if you have the right tools.. and fortunately, I can mooch off the school shop unless I want to make a sword. They're dangerous, apparently.

Yea, I know, i tied. :rolleyes: ^_^ ;)
Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

#14 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:46 PM

Oh, hah, guess I shoulda explained that. I only actually own 3 ramps. The rest were favors that the people they were made for had to buy the supplies, or they were sold. The 6 foot halpipe went for 2,500$ 500 dollah profit for me (2 days work) The mini ramps went for 1500$ again, 500 dollar profit. The moto ramp, that was a bitch to build. It took me 3,000$ in wood, metal and hardware to build that, not including the cost of renting the post hole auger. I had to take a liberty of charging 4,000 for that just because it took me 2 months to build. Most of my sales are to rich yuppie kids who can't skate. If I'm building for a friend, they just gotta pay for the wood/hardware. And, well, the guy whom is second in the state, his dad owns a body shop that specializes in BMWs, Mercedes, Lambos and such.

#15 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:00 PM

I am in the process of building a tree house for my little brother. I've been taking archicture classes so I am going to be the one drawing the plans, not really the one building. I don't mind building things, I actually liked Tech class last year.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#16 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • State:California

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:46 PM

I'm really impressed. :) Nice job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users