Help With My Chainblazer

What's wrong with this thing??

4 replies to this topic

#1 SkiMan

SkiMan

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 04:01 PM

Alright, here's the situation. I have my chainblazer apart, and now I can't figure out exactly how to put it all back so it fires again. I know how to put it all together, and it works, it just will never release the plunger to fire, even when I pull the handle back as far as I can. It almost seems like it's too tight or something. The barrels rotate fine though.

I can't figure it out, I'm almost sure I have everything in the right place, there's a pic of the internals here, and I'll try and post the pic:

Posted Image

EDIT: nevermind, I just figured out I was trying to put a spring in it that I got from a hardware store instead of the real spring. There was no way it would compress enough to fire. But feel free to reply if anyone actually uses a Chainblazer. I'm doing some tweaks...

#2 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 11:25 PM

looks fine to me.. if it was broken (non-rotating) I could let you in a mod.. but it's not.. so I wont :alien:

but! you can, and this should work, make it "speed-loadable" by cutting the grey down a bit, sticking 1/2 cpvc in there, and then adding couplers onto the ends of the cpvc (making it all verrryy short, but still stable) then you just have to .. find some way.. to .. hmm.. how would you space 4 cpvc barrels properly? or would you even have to? Meh, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

#3 Wax

Wax

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 08:00 PM

Actually, I've got a Chainblazer that doesn't rotate. If there's some spiffy mod for it, I'd love to hear it.
Wax in the Nerf universe, wax4213 everywhere else.

#4 Cadmond

Cadmond

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 01:47 AM

indeed there is waxy! talk to sandman about cadmonds super spiff chainblazer ***. That way, he does all the labor, and you still get to see it! It's a single barrel ***, but it's better than nothing.

*** *** *** ***! heehee, m-o-d is edited? whats with that? THIS IS A **** FORUM FOR GODS SAKE!

it reeks of forum-125 in here.

#5 SkiMan

SkiMan

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 09:43 PM

April Fool's, Nerfhaven style (removing the word m-o-d from the modifications forum)

Anyway, yeah, if you read my edit, I was just trying to put a spring that I didn't realize was way too big into the gun, so there was no way it would come all the way back to fire. I've done a nice CPVC mod, but haven't taken any pics yet (won't come till summer when I get back home).

When I put the CPVC barrels on, I thought of breech loading it like that, but realized after testing for a good barrel length (turned out to be around 4") that a breech like that would probably harder to use than just muzzle loading.

As for the spacing, all I did to add the barrels on was cut one of the chains down to 4 and tape it to the rotating mechanism, then wrap the CPVC with foam until it makes a very tight fit inside the remaining 4 barrels inside the chain. Voila, spaced perfectly and that chain's not going to fall off like it always did before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users