Homestarune's Content

There have been 150 items by Homestarune (Search limited from 18-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#235183 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Homestarune on 09 June 2009 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

Another "finished" primary. I'll probably put an rcsb on this thing someday. I absolutely love this PAS.

Posted Image

#237287 Plastic Safe Lubricants

Posted by Homestarune on 18 June 2009 - 09:42 PM in General Nerf

I was Ace the other day, this container claims to be perfect for o-rings. Has anyone ever used this stuff before?

Posted Image

#212491 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Homestarune on 15 February 2009 - 05:03 PM in General Nerf

Pop one of those drum magazines and the double clip will be a thing of the past. Interesting, Hasbro seems to have made a part that is superior to the NIC's best efforts.

#215220 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Homestarune on 26 February 2009 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

NightCabbage, read the third line of the CoC, that way OMC has less blood has to clean.

#213827 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Homestarune on 20 February 2009 - 10:49 PM in Off Topic

Gamertag:
-Pacifist Noob

Games I play:
-Halo 2

#252177 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Homestarune on 30 September 2009 - 09:22 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, what Horus said. I'd like to see if we can't coordinate a team to get those achievements tonight.

#255273 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Homestarune on 04 November 2009 - 11:16 AM in Off Topic

I'm going to be getting MW2 on Christmas day, my mother went to the effort of preordering it and everything, only to make me and my brothers wait a month and a half for it. So, I'll be playing, just not at release. Unless of course I can convince her to gift something else. I'm also down for any of the Vidmasters.

#251556 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Homestarune on 24 September 2009 - 07:50 PM in Off Topic

I just got a 360. However, I am unable to transfer my gamertag, so I got a new one. I think it's time for me to haz some reconz.

Gamertag: Pacifist ideal

Games:

Halo 3/Halo 3: Mythic
Halo: ODST

#212266 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Homestarune on 14 February 2009 - 06:01 PM in Off Topic

Jesus Christ, disappear for five minutes and everyone hates you. Someone call the waaaambulance. What's the number again... oh right, whine-one-one.

#255930 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Homestarune on 10 November 2009 - 11:28 PM in Off Topic

Nevermind what I said earlier, I bought MW2. If you haven't already gotten it, get it. My gamertag is "Pacifist ideal". Let me know that you're from the Haven in your friend request.

#220535 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by Homestarune on 29 March 2009 - 06:35 PM in Homemades

So i herd u liek Mudkipz? Dōmo, konnichiwa. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue Captain Slug. Back on topic, you have done some crazy things before, to put it mildly. This however, just created its own league. After this, I honestly wonder if there ever will be a Guru Mark IV. I really don't think that it gets much better than this.

#249894 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by Homestarune on 07 September 2009 - 09:21 PM in Off Topic

You were banned for a few reasons. First off, you joined as "Blacksunshine420" and then flooded the channel with pointless drivel. This isn't Twitter, we do not care what you are doing/thinking at any given time. After that, I subtly tried to tell you to stop. Even if I was too subtle you still should have known better. Then you started flaming. You're gone for a week. I'm not going to tolerate that level of post quality.

#249054 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by Homestarune on 29 August 2009 - 11:28 PM in Off Topic

Great job to all those who participated. Waffle, you've been unbanned. You're rather lucky that Split and I need sleep.

#244437 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by Homestarune on 28 July 2009 - 10:04 PM in Off Topic

Apparently Darkmyst is having some trouble with DNS. If you are having trouble using a non-Mibbit client try connecting to 216.25.44.2 or 75.102.26.70.

#230104 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Homestarune on 13 May 2009 - 10:14 PM in General Nerf

I liked this podcast a lot. It addressed the growing trend of "realistic" looking toy guns. I also liked the war stories, and the history of nerfing in Cincinnati. There was plenty of humor throughout and I thought the suggested new gametypes were interesting. OMC, have you never seen "Die Hard", or "The Matrix"? What about "300"?

#223614 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Homestarune on 14 April 2009 - 04:43 PM in General Nerf

I think this would be cool, and I want to wish you success with it. I can't personally contribute any time soon, but if you get it together and it works, I would do what I can to help support and publicize it.

And I think that might be what Tailo meant - in his skeptical way.

I will only talk about gay sex and how much I want to bang your mom.

You banging my mom would be gay sex? Well now, there's a personal factoid which I don't think you've ever shared before.

This would likely either win Effeminateally and become an integral part of the NIC, or fail after two episodes. Try to remember that the number of listeners probably be very large, considering the size of the NIC. I'd like to be a part of this project.

#236322 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Homestarune on 14 June 2009 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

I just gained that much respect for Talio and BritNerfMogul. Absolutely great.

#261303 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Homestarune on 09 January 2010 - 09:05 PM in Off Topic

A'ight, what's happening, this event is supposedly going on, and I see no information telling me where to be, could someone please explain what's going on?

#257768 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Homestarune on 01 December 2009 - 10:48 PM in Off Topic

Steam ID: 00nage
Games Owned: Counterstrike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source

#261293 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Homestarune on 09 January 2010 - 07:24 PM in Off Topic

Nice to see that this has grown. Does anyone know what server we'll be playing at for CS:S?

#212141 Halo Ma5c Assault Rifle Nerf Gun

Posted by Homestarune on 14 February 2009 - 01:14 AM in Modifications

Props for making an innovating integration. If I get my hands on an AT2k, I'll be sure to do that.

#223505 Armageddon X

Posted by Homestarune on 13 April 2009 - 10:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Also in this war my friend will be using a pistol splat. Does this count as a pistol during pistol rounds?

I'm a complete dick. Holy shit!

I fixed that for you....Still, Falcon- Can people use a pistol splat during pistol rounds?

Seeing as how you've just asked the same question twice in the span of 4 posts, I'm gonna have to say that I liked it better when Ted told you to shut up.

That explains why whenever I log on here I seem to hear the words "pistol" and "splat" pinging incessantly inside my head.

Edit: Now that I think about it, in the last five war threads I've read someone HAD to ask if they could use the pistol splat during pistol rounds.

#230108 2009 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Homestarune on 13 May 2009 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16429]May 30 [KS] Abbaton 2 [/url]

#212477 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Homestarune on 15 February 2009 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to do everything possible to make it to the first major (that I know of) war in Kansas. I'll probably be going with Equilox who completely freaked when he found about SOF coming to Kansas.

#257177 Dart Weight Regulations/range Testing

Posted by Homestarune on 24 November 2009 - 11:12 AM in Darts and Barrels

I have to agree with Split and Ice9. though I know where Equilox is coming from. The Effeminateenter of this "problem" is Chicago. I've seen what's coming out of there, and it's completely different than the wars Equilox and I have been at. The farthest shooting gun here is my crossbow.

People have used magstrikes and the like here and have been (for the most part) able to play on the same level as everyone else. Our arenas have always been conducive towards a balance between low, medium, and high rate-of-fire weaponry. As Split pointed out, that's not the case in other regions. As is, things are evenly balanced here, and I don't see the need to change the status quo. If the situation changes here where people start to use longer range high rate-of-fire blasters, then we'll do something about it. In other places, (namely Chicago) this is exactly what is needed.

#219629 Pointblank Titan

Posted by Homestarune on 24 March 2009 - 10:38 AM in Modifications

Chuck Norris has a nerf snіper rifle. Chuck Norris beat the Horsemen, The Magnificent Seven, The Lawn Chair Mafia, and The Gnome Liberation Front with a stock Scout.

I don't think I've ever seen a Titan minimized that small. In fact, I it rather comical that the barrel and stock are that much longer than the actual Titan.

#219018 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Homestarune on 20 March 2009 - 09:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Out of curiosity, why is this going to be your last Massacre? From what I've heard they have all been quite amazing. It it just getting to difficult to coordinate, or what?

#226890 Nerf War In Kansas!

Posted by Homestarune on 28 April 2009 - 05:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to play in the Menninger Building. Now that you've told me this, I'm hoping that we can play there as it sounds like it would be a blast. I was just going off of what I saw in those videos. Rogue Warrior, I do really want this war to happen, but if I were to host the war it'd end up being in the Kansas City metro area, which is something that I don't think can be changed at this point. As far as liability goes, I'd sign a liability waiver if it meant I got to nerf at Menninger.

#226818 Nerf War In Kansas!

Posted by Homestarune on 28 April 2009 - 12:13 PM in Nerf Wars

After doing a bit of research, I think that the Menninger Building can be ruled out. The videos that I linked all show the state of the facility, especially the last video. The group that owned the building sold it, and the current owners have done absolutely nothing with the building, and the cost to repair the building is in the millions. Also, I still haven't seen any rules for this war or a starting and ending time, heck, there's not even a definite location.

http://media.49abcne...8/vandalism.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86fgL5liN2M

#211961 Nerf War In Kansas!

Posted by Homestarune on 13 February 2009 - 12:07 PM in Nerf Wars

My calendar is open and I eagerly await August 5'th. I'm pretty stoked to be going to be going to my first "major" war. I'll probably bring a few friends along too.

#211953 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by Homestarune on 13 February 2009 - 10:34 AM in General Nerf

For my primary I use SM1500 and a decently modded nitefinder. Though I'll soon be switching over to a SM500 as my secondary. The SM1500 is quad-barreled and as a result I rarely ever get rushed.

#254567 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by Homestarune on 25 October 2009 - 10:46 PM in Homemades

Since this whole topic pretty much shows how much Nerfhaven is failing, I'm going to copy and paste some stuff, I know that my intended audience doesn't give a damn, but what the hell.

This is EXACTLY what is going on, and is why so many people are commenting about breakages in post-war threads. The problem is that you have an influx of new members that are being led to believe that these super powerful guns make wars inherently better. The reality is that they don't. With the current attitude of oneupmanship, things are going to get to the point where the dynamic shifts even further and the best guns will all be homemades. In fact, as I think about it, most of the best guns either are homemades, or are hybrids. People have engineered and machined guns to the level that they've squeezed all the potential out of it. The reality is that we're not playing with plastic toys anymore.

People bitch about the most asinine things these days; so what if my gun doesn't meet your bullshit definition of "clean"? Guess what NIC, it doesn't matter, you're not better than anyone else because your brightly colored plastic toy looks prettier than everyone elses. People have come to expect guns to look like CaptainSlug made them. That's a completely bullshit standard to set.

Most of these arguments are due to the current community attitude. At the point where people have even larger RSCB/inline clips, and hit even greater ranges, I'm going to just quit, I'm not interested in playing speedball with nerf guns. The hopper clip is a prime example of this. What we're seeing is the compounded results of oneupmanship from the last few years. Take a reality check, if we're not there already, at the current rate we will be there soon. We already have the attitude. The dick waving contest is so ridiculous it's laughable if you take step back and look at what goes on here.

There have been a few things that have brought about this shift in the dynamics of how people play. From what I can tell, before the N-Strike line, no one really put all that much effort into modifying their blasters, and as a result there weren't really any spring guns besides the crossbow that were really pushing 100'. There were no 2k airflow mods, there were no 1500's with foot long brass barrels, and guns didn't rear load. Either your guns were single shot and still not quite hitting 100', or they were turreted and getting equal or lesser ranges. The RCSB system existed, but it was never heavily employed. Even if you did use it, it wasn't giving you much greater ranges than a normal 2k with a turret. As a result of all this, people were forced to play much closer. You can make a gun the night before the war that can do that. Because of this, it also was a whole lot less competitive. Guess what, nerf isn't a competitive sport, if you think so, play airsoft or paintball instead. Hell, some of you are already doing just that with your "nerf" guns.

That people didn't have to put as much effort into their guns was a crucial part of the dynamics. Now if you want something that preforms on par with everyone else, you either have to be able to machine and modify your blasters, or you have to drop over a hundred dollars on a +bow. This is part of the reason that Apoc had so many people with 4Bs. The 4B is really the only gun on the market that the average guy that is new to the hobby can pick up and use at a war and be successful with. Long term, this becomes detrimental.

I've gone up against someone who was using dual CPVC'd NFs, the player was quite good, he could dodge shots, and was quick on his feet and was accurate. However, I don't think he got more than a handful of hits on me the entire day. It wasn't because I was a far better player than him, it was because I was using a 1500 with foot long brass barrels and a nice dart/barrel fit. He was completely outclassed not by my abilities, but by my weaponry. You can argue that nerf has changed and that the technology has evolved. However, the technology has not evolved, it has instead mutated into something completely different than what it began as.

#153791 Barret .50 Cal Idea

Posted by Homestarune on 29 April 2008 - 01:26 PM in Modifications

No that looks nothing like a .50 cal. You did practically nothing to that stock Longshot.

#212468 Azulsoli

Posted by Homestarune on 15 February 2009 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Congratulations on this beautiful mod. I'm rather impressed with the paint job and the amount of time you must have spent working on this.

#248890 Dart Spinning (rifling) Test Rig

Posted by Homestarune on 28 August 2009 - 11:44 AM in Darts and Barrels

Before I begin, I’d like to complement you on your demo. You’ve obviously put some time and effort into this, unlike most other people who have posted a “conceptual” topic. First off, I’d like to say that there’s not any debate that a properly rifled barrel would improve performance. That this even needs to be stated is rather pitiful in and of itself. We do not have the ability to rifle brass, or any other barrel material to a level where this would become at all practical.

At the risk of being pedantic, what you’re doing is not rifling. For those who don’t know, rifles have grooves on the inside of the barrel that causes the bullet to spiral. This spiraling motion causes the bullet to be far more accurate. The same concept applies to football, where the quarterback throws the ball in a spiral. What you’re doing is spinning the barrel to try to make the dart spin, that’s not rifling.

Second off, you’re talking about 600 RPM being a low setting. That combined with all your equipment seems like it could be a safety hazard, not to mention heavy. You also have the issue of mounting this to a gun so that it isn’t front heavy, and more importantly sealing. If you came to a war that I hosted, I’d make sure that you would not be allowed to use this rig.

The fixation that people have with trying to make their guns better is absurd, but can be rather amusing. It seems that nerf is getting to a level, (if it hasn’t already) where people prioritize making their blasters better over interacting with other members others of the community. I think I’d have much rather nerfed in the early part of this decade when (as far as I can tell) the emphasis wasn’t on winning or losing, or who had the most awesome gun, or who had the gun that you had to lift weights in order to be able to prime, but was about hanging out with a bunch of other nerds and playing with brightly colored toys that had crayola barrels slapped on the night before the war. And to me, that seems to be far more enjoyable than the direction that nerf is headed.

Zorn is being his normal sarcastic self, and he’s right, this setup will never evolve to a point that it becomes war practical. If God forbid, that somehow we manage to get foam darts and barrels to meet tolerances at the level of thousands of inches, then I’m going to have to find a new hobby. Give it up kids, it’s not going to happen, and it never will. However, please feel free to make fools out of yourselves. For those of you who still think that you can pull this off, here’s a picture of a rifled barrel.

Rifled barrel

#253530 Power Wheels Warthog With Vulcan Chaingun!

Posted by Homestarune on 14 October 2009 - 03:40 PM in Off Topic

I'm pretty sure that this would be the best present ever in the mind of a four year old.

#289021 Talking To The Press.

Posted by Homestarune on 26 November 2010 - 11:00 PM in News

Blah, Blah, Blah. I clearly do not understand what is going on.

Seriously, fuck off. The administration at my university forced Humans versus Zombies to close down. A significant part of this was due to bad press. Keep in mind that the vast majority of these blasters aren't even modified, and even those that were at most had air restrictors removed.

Nerf is already being kind to the NIC by allowing us to receive information before it's officially posted. Not to mention the gift bags that some have received. Bottom line, we're being more than just tolerated. The last thing we need to do is piss them off.

#257577 Need A Volunteer For The Mod Directory

Posted by Homestarune on 29 November 2009 - 08:55 PM in News

I'd be up for doing it.

#212004 My Snap Bow =)

Posted by Homestarune on 13 February 2009 - 04:20 PM in Homemades

QUOTE(VACC @ Feb 11 2009, 05:05 AM) *

Wow, I can't believe someone actually aknowledged that they can't hit a damn thing with their max range. It's mind boggling, I think they're actually....<gasp>....nerfers!

Wait... people think they can hit shit at 150 feet? What the fuck is this? The internet?

Damned straight. If the dart is at the end of its arc it's going to be a lot slower than its muzzle velocity and therefore easier to dodge. I mean really, unless you're proficient you're not hitting anything at 150' with anything less than singled titan, and even then you have more than ample time to get away. Also, that's going in my sig.

#239519 "2009 Dew Tour"

Posted by Homestarune on 30 June 2009 - 11:10 PM in General Nerf

I'm going to slap a 2k inside one of those the minute they are released. The Furyfire looks promising. Good job on the find.