JULY 11th, 2009
9:00 AM (PST) until I get knocked out again.
MORNING PORTION (9:00--LUNCH BREAK)
Sellers Elementary School
500 N Loraine Ave.
Glendora, CA 91741
PARK IN THE MAIN LOT, ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE FENCE
AFTERNOON PORTION (LUNCH BREAK--END OF DAY)
Glendora High School
1600 E Foothill Blvd.
Glendora, CA 91741
PARK BY THE TENNIS COURTS ON FOOTHILL BLVD.
This year marks the tenth anniversary of Armageddon in Southern California. Back from its beginnings in 1999 when VACC trash-talked his way across the country to shoot at our lovable sweatband-wearing western compadre, Armageddon has become the biggest event we have every year, and has garnered more travelers via Airline than any other war.
This year, if all goes well, it will literally be an Armageddon again, in both name AND attendees, as the originator of the title plans to attend, as well as several other travelers from all across the country, including several who have also attended before.
Due to the Season of Foam documentary project, Armageddon is being set in stone extra early this year to facilitate my assembling of the Trip Map for our cross-country trek. Shortly, another thread will be put in motion to begin compiling a list of stops for the group, but that is not the purpose of this thread.
WHAT TO BRING
- A GOOD night's sleep. You're going to want it.
- SUNSCREEN. I can't stress this enough.
- WATER, and LOTS of it. There should be drinking fountains available, but don't count on them.
- Legal guns (see below), eye protection (see below), and ammunition (see below.)
- NO bad attitudes. If you're being a dick, you'll be treated like one, and you'll be jerked around until you explode. And you WON'T enjoy it.
- We understand that accidents happen, but for the bulk of the day, please do what you can to keep foul language to a minimum, or at least at a low volume. It is a PRIVILEGE that we are allowed to use the facilities we use, NOT our right.
- Leave your trash-talking on the forums. Have fun in the thread with it here if you desire, but come the day of, we're all FRIENDS. So Cal is a family of nerfers; anyone who joins us for the day is a part of that and will be treated accordingly.
- Bringing your own ammunition is MANDATORY
- Wearing eye protection is MANDATORY. We play in closer quarters than what most of you are used to, and for your own good, I am demanding it of you. Please don't test me on this; you WILL be asked to leave, or at the very least, be forced to wear a borrowed pair.
- NO HOMEMADES. If you want to bring a +bow along, that's fine, but with our experiences with plusbows in the past (and yes, we're talking more than once instance) I assure you, you're going to want something else before the day is over.
- NO GUNS PAINTED COMPLETELY BLACK.
- Any and all nerf and off-brand foam projectile firing blasters that are not on the 'banned' list.
- Nerf Brand Foam Swords (no boffers or pool noodles on PVC, please). ALL H2H users must be using a projectile-firing blaster of some kind as their PRIMARY weapon. A pistol in your pocket does not count; it must be in your hand.
- Pokegrenades loaded with legally-constructed nerf ammunition (no weights showing, etc.) Maximum of ten feet on bungee lengths. Must remain tethered to your person when thrown.
- NO singled Titans. No exceptions. Shotgunned, missile, or ball titans are acceptable.
- NO singled signal launchers. Again, shotgunned, missile and ball variants are acceptable.
- NO singled or turreted Big Blasts. Same as above regarding alternate ammunition variants.
ANY gun that seems to be overpowered for any reason during the day is subject to removal from play without notice. Don't argue about it; it is YOUR responsibility to bring a backup weapon of some sort.
Gameplay rules will be discussed AT the war. There's no reason to discuss anything like that here in the thread, because we will be going over it again at the war anyway.
Please keep initial posts centered around attendance. If you're looking for housing for the event, please contact me via PM only, and we will work something out, unless you intend to contact one of the older veterans such as Cxwq or Spoon due to staying with them in the past.
This is set up to be the most Effeminate Armageddon ever, so clear your calendars because this is one year you DON'T want to miss.
I'm not making a "Maybes" list, so if you've mentioned the possibility of coming, you're on it.
Projected attendance List:
>Just Some Bob
>Vacaville Nerfers (~3)
>Tyrs (Tristan) +Siggy
>Raw Shrimp +?Guests
>AnyaSeijin & Co.
>Spoon & Co.
>the nerfboy 8727
>The Kart Racing Nerf Man
[Those currently listed on the missing children's boards at a Wal*Mart near you]
Rough estimate on attendance: 67 (last updated: 6/10/2009)
Edited by Falcon, 05 July 2009 - 01:24 AM.