Watari's Content

There have been 210 items by Watari (Search limited from 25-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#299112 Armageddon XII Planning Thread

Posted by Watari on 01 June 2011 - 01:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Can't. sorry :/
Hope to see you guys sometime in the future...

#241696 Armageddon Recap

Posted by Watari on 13 July 2009 - 03:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Didn't see this earlier but to the point:
PRO's:
Happyness
Nametags
Bringing Team ID tape
Not many guns breaking (the one that did sucked)
Bringin' 2 new people to nerf
Having lot's o' fun
Matching some faces to the people on this forum
Buying a LBB from TONY
Effeminate NARF CTF DEFENSE
Interpretive dance battle...that's all
Multi-team...
Meeting lots o' new people
Group pic
Buying stuff
Crux VS Pilz
Effeminate "You have been ELIMINATED" dart punch kill from Crux
bringing sunblock
Community bucket becoming full
When we played that giant round of CTF...I had the vulcan and when I got out everyone rushed, I thought it was really funny

---

CON's:
No lunch

Although it was an emergency (hey, they happen...) we were able to get a ride to GHS but no lunch cause the person who was giving us a ride had to go home. We were dropped off at the front of the school and I (being as smart as I am) decided to pick the wrong way to go, therefore leaving us in the middle of nowhere. But, out of the ashes someone (urgh, I AM SO SORRY I forgot who you guys were..) some nerfers came out and gave us a ride to the "right" area GHS

^ Giant con ^

Not alot of hits, but that's okay
Shooting someone who was out, but said person being a ninja and pulling my dart out of the air, sorry

Ultimate NARF defense FAILING...I mean how can 3 magstrikes, 1 vulcan and 2 Signal launcher shotty's FAIL?!?!

#234565 Lock N' Load Plunger Tube Replacement

Posted by Watari on 05 June 2009 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

Okay, a few things:
1.) What made you think of putting all those things together (Titan pump, '2k barrel etc.) together for a plunger tube?
2.) Wouldn't the increased friction from the near-perfect seal (nothing's perfect) end up slowing down the plunger rod, therefore decreasing range? Either that or you need lots of lube....

#223708 The Avenger (a Nitemanta With Added Awesomeness

Posted by Watari on 14 April 2009 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

Soo, did you get ranges yet? I am very curious to see what the difference in range is.

#223476 The Avenger (a Nitemanta With Added Awesomeness

Posted by Watari on 13 April 2009 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

Back on topic:

Maybe I missed something, but it seems to me that you've decreased aimability (it's a word now, bitches), increased priming time, and reduced the shots fired per trigger pull for a marginal increase in range that likely will still leave it short of more comfortabe primaries. Just not sure I see the utility.

This is completely true, but the one advantage this has over other primaries is that these are more portable than, let's say a Big blast or PAS. If you find a way to connect the priming handles and triggers, you could have a pretty decent RoF, with another one to back you up.

#220257 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by Watari on 28 March 2009 - 09:41 AM in General Nerf

Wow, after reading all this, I feel somewhat lucky to still have sight in both eyes and be able to move all my body parts correctly without pain.

The worst Nerf War injury was at Bagsfest 1 when we were playing a certain game and I got shot in the shoulder from about ~30' away, it only left a welt compared to what you people have.

As for modding, probably the one that was the most painful was when I was hot gluing a piece of PVC pipe and I dropped the pipe, my finger got inserted into the pipe where all the hot glue was (kinda like CPVC in PVC) and I recieved no aid for about an hour because someone was too lazy to get up and get a first aid kit which was in the other room. Another modding injury was when I was trying to put a homemade in a Titan shell, forgot about the gaping hole in the back, used about 2 long sticks of hot glue and then I felt the pain.

#220252 Effective Maverick Stefans?

Posted by Watari on 28 March 2009 - 08:59 AM in Homemades

Well as 1337 posted, those are metal BB's, for weaker blasters, I use .2g plastic airsoft BB's, they work great with low velocity blasters such as the Maverick or NF.

#218554 Bfno, March 21st

Posted by Watari on 17 March 2009 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Little late here, but I'll be going with 2 people.

#215296 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Watari on 26 February 2009 - 11:44 PM in General Nerf

I can't believe i'm actually replying here but, regarding the Furyfire, it looks as if it's going to be a pump gun:
Posted Image

#214579 Magstrike Bladder Replacement

Posted by Watari on 23 February 2009 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Hehe, I wasn't really planning on it to look like a DeWALT, I just like the yellow/black color scheme.

#214277 Double Barrel

Posted by Watari on 22 February 2009 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

Wow, on the same day someone imitated what you did...
Posted Image
Remember to plug that hole on the top of the magstrike thingy!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Look at the speedloaders, I currently don't have enough CPVC on me to make one for my titan, so now it's just a stubby barrel thingy.
I also cut it a little to decrease dead space.
Thanks for the idea of having a good "double barrel" attachment, 'cause my other one sucks.

#214232 Magstrike Bladder Replacement

Posted by Watari on 22 February 2009 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

how many shots does it hold?
how many pumps does it take to acheive full capacity?
does it affect range?

Well, i'm not going to pump it more than 40, but it should hold more then that because a Magstrike Bladder holds around 40, but I guess I weakened it. EDIT: No, it doesn't affect the ranges and I can pull off 2 clips with ~30 pumps...

I've always wondered this: If you took the plug from Forsaken Angel's magstrike mod and put that in the back instead of the OPRV, could you attach the original bladder also? So you'd have an insanely huge bladder, and hopefully the ability to shoot a bunch of clips, making priming almost nothing if you can just stand somewhere pumping the gun for a while, then go try to get people? Or would that weaken the force of the rubber somehow, so that the air drizzles out?

You could probably attach that plug, but it's really hard to hold a bladder together without screws because even his plug failed and he said your best chance is to sand down the OPRV.

What is that plastic casing around that bladder?

Wildfire casing, I used it so that the bladder would be sticking out.

#214223 Magstrike Bladder Replacement

Posted by Watari on 22 February 2009 - 04:47 PM in Modifications

Materials Needed

-Screwdriver for Magstrike Shell
-Different size screwdriver for bladder screws
-Hacksaw
-Wildfire bladder
-Wildfire Plastic case thing

Step 1:
Cut the shell like so
Posted Image

Step 2:
Remove the old bladder
Posted Image

Step 3:
Add the Wildfire bladder with protective case thing
Posted Image

Step 4:
Screw the Bladder screws in
Posted Image

Step 5:
Put it back together
Posted Image

#212347 Fun With Pvc Ball Valves

Posted by Watari on 15 February 2009 - 12:02 AM in Homemades

Oh, I did that because the CPVC-PVC barrel is my "main" barrel, but I love making different barrels for other guns (e.g. the Titan). I have multiple shotgun barrels and some brass nested in 1/2" PVC.
So if I used a CPVC adapter, then I wouldn't be able to use all my attachments. Just thinkin' ahead.

#212137 Fun With Pvc Ball Valves

Posted by Watari on 14 February 2009 - 12:27 AM in Homemades

Hey, Piney, remember my first homemade. Well PVC ball valves are fun, and here's another example:
Short note before pics: Airtanks are interchangeable and everything else is PVC cemented together.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#211528 Mulcher

Posted by Watari on 11 February 2009 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

HEHEHE...
You plannin' to bring that to a war soon, I see you finally got your hands on a Vulcan.

#208851 The Red Star Breech

Posted by Watari on 02 February 2009 - 12:09 AM in Darts and Barrels

Well if you had the supplies/tools to make it, I don't think you'd pay $5 for one of those, especially when you can get 10' of 3/4'' CPVC and 10' of 1/2'' CPVC with the couplers and everything for $5. Anyways, (i'm not sure if this works on your breech) but for the one I posted, you can just load a stefan (load as in: open the breech, put a dart in, and close the breech. No need to put the stefan into the 1/2"CPVC before closing) and close it up, as for the seal, it's just like any couplered gun. Sorry if I'm kinda jackin' your thread again, it felt as if I was sharing a write up when I was posting this.

#208502 Magtrike Question

Posted by Watari on 01 February 2009 - 12:55 AM in Modifications

Well, I've had 3 Magstrikes, the first 2 broke the same way yours did but when my second Magstrike broke, the clip jammed and I couldn't pull it out. It would've probably broken off if I used enough force, so if you are going to get another Magstrike, then be careful when taking out the clips. Oh and keep the reciept.

#208498 Red Star's Big Rad Bow

Posted by Watari on 01 February 2009 - 12:45 AM in Modifications

For a second I thought you painted your BBB, but when looking at another persons thread, they had the same color!
Question: Did you pick that BBB up at wal-mart recently, because I read a topic about BBB's being discontinued at Target, which is where I usually get my BBB's.
If you did pick it up recently, then it could be a 3rd generation, which is good and bad, but whatever.

#208496 The Red Star Breech

Posted by Watari on 01 February 2009 - 12:43 AM in Darts and Barrels

Darn, well i'm a little late, but you can always see this tomorrow:
Well I don't have a dremel, and I don't have a 1/2 to 3/4 CPVC coupler ,but I did have some weird "IPS" pipe, it's like thin walled PVC which has the same OD as regular PVC...

Kinda jackin' your thread here but just incase.....
CPVC pipe, "IPS" pipe, 1/2'' CPVC coupler and 1/2'' PVC coupler
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Put that back end into any gun you'd like and you've got yourself a "breech."
P.S. Thanks for the inspiration

#207980 Paper Speedloaders

Posted by Watari on 30 January 2009 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

I mean, it costs what, 3 bucks for a 3 foot length of CPVC? Which allows you to have barrels for pretty much any gun you can slap a 29 cent coupler on.

Wow your CPVC is expensive...for 3 bucks I can get a 10 foot length of CPVC...

Anyways, paper isn't a good barrel material because it can rip, you can't holister it, if you drop your gun with the barrel on, you'd need another barrel...Oh well, whatever floats your boat...

#206979 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by Watari on 27 January 2009 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

Nice work! I really like how you now load it like an actual auto shotgun.

Yeah, I remember there was a home-made topic about how to make a gun load like this... well now it is worthy of the name "shotgun" because it actually loads like one.
Now if only there was a mod to make the double shot useful...

#206963 Bagsfest 2 Date Changed

Posted by Watari on 27 January 2009 - 07:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be goin'...
I'll contact my "group" soon...

#205259 Powerline Bb Gun

Posted by Watari on 21 January 2009 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

... I wonder if it's war legal...

I doubt it will be not unless you paint it differently, I mean cops show up at our SoCal wars most of the time and if they saw someone with this, I don't think it'd be O.K.
We have plastic toy guns that shoot hot glue covered foam. If you had a BB gun (with it's orange tip removed) and a piece of clear plastic glued on top of it, from a distance it would look like you were about to shoot someone.

If you are going to use this in a war, you should probably paint it or something to make it look less incriminating.

#203679 New Barrel Material And More!

Posted by Watari on 15 January 2009 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

A 3 day old topic but...I was finally able to get a hold of this stuff and it does not work.
My darts, and even stock darts are WAY too tight to fit inside the "smencils" casing and when I cut a piece of it off to use on my turret it fractured like glass and had sharp edges.
After e-taping that portion to my pistolsplat and firing a stefan, it didn't even go 20 feet...
EDIT:
You're probably using 3/8's foam or something because stock darts won't fit unless you twist them in and my stefans (from Lowe's) don't fit at all.

#203671 Singled Titan And Hvz

Posted by Watari on 15 January 2009 - 08:13 PM in Off Topic

Or you could show them this....

#203198 The Frankenfucker

Posted by Watari on 13 January 2009 - 10:54 PM in Modifications

Do you know anywhere else (other than Mcmaster) where you could find those Vinyl T's?

#203196 At2k/3k Queston

Posted by Watari on 13 January 2009 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

Some of you should consider collaborating and creating an official Nerf gun history section, to help make little details like these more accesible.
Thanks,
NerfBros

Here's the link to the nerf wiki...

#203155 Information Needed For Special Project

Posted by Watari on 13 January 2009 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

I really like the washers, but I must echo Imasoulman's concern that they don't seem to work well in CPVC.

Sorry for posting twice, and i'm not trying to speculate here, but if you are going to use CPVC washer darts are OK just as long as the hot glue doesn't go over the washers, I made a batch of these one time and since alot of my guns use CPVC barrels, the darts were useless.

#202927 Information Needed For Special Project

Posted by Watari on 12 January 2009 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

I use 1 Plastic BB for low velocity guns like the Nite-Finder, 2 Steel BB's for higher velocity guns like the BBB and 1 washer for things like singled Titans.

#202925 My Lbb Plays Music!

Posted by Watari on 12 January 2009 - 08:00 PM in Modifications

Wow, your a genius, I would've never thought of that.
Well i'm not a genius...
That would be perfect for 'geddon!

#202373 A Simple Home-made

Posted by Watari on 10 January 2009 - 02:27 PM in Homemades

For the epoxy...it should come off if it hasn't cured.

...then when you [are stupid enough to] let it dry, it is really hard to get off...lesson learned.

...or maybe i'm just retarded.

Now if you put 2 and 2 together, you could figure out what happened...
HEHEHE, anyways a significant addition to this post is that it does get a little more range than my other one...probably because i'm able to pump ALOT more, like 40 times instead of 20...
I won't be doing any more additions to this gun, so thanks everyone :blush:

#202251 Season Of Foam Updates

Posted by Watari on 09 January 2009 - 11:42 PM in General Nerf

Wow, that was an amazing video...Bags, you make a great narrator.
Question: Was that what you showed at FALL CAFF when everyone left (we had to leave early...)?
I just heard S.O.F. promotional bit, and nothing else...

#202249 Armageddon X

Posted by Watari on 09 January 2009 - 11:33 PM in Nerf Wars

PEOPLE, this is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME experience...the 10th anniversary of an annual NERF war that begun when I was 4...
Now I realize just how lucky I am.

#202245 A Simple Home-made

Posted by Watari on 09 January 2009 - 11:29 PM in Homemades

UPDATED PORTION:
I hate epoxy putty...or maybe i'm just retarded.
Anyways, THANK YOU for all your help and suggestions (mainly to "a side of nerf"). I have a new, revised homemade which is V2.0 as my "V1" is now ripped apart.
I used PVC CEMENT and EPOXY PUTTY and a PVC ball valve, instead of a CPVC one. One of the biggest changes that I made is that I also used a PVC check valve. I did this because I have had a check valve blow out on me and send the other end of the pump flying out. Since that part of the pump is near my eye/face...we don't want that happening. Now for some pictures:

Didn't have vulcan next to me so I couldn't get it...
Posted Image
Double the check valves (ones in the NERF pump and the other is that big PVC thing):
Posted Image
Double the seal (putty & PVC cement)
Posted Image
Posted Image
PVC ball valve and PVC to CPVC barrel:
Posted Image

I [currently] don't have any ranges or any of that...my V1 got ~70' but this actually has less volume, yet I CAN turn the valve faster (eliminating the need for a "trigger") and I also can probably pump it to a higher PSI because of the double check valve/PVC cement/Epoxy Putty.

P.S. I hate epoxy putty 'cause it's like clay (well no DUH) but that clay that sticks to your hands, then when you [are stupid enough to] let it dry, it is really hard to get off...lesson learned.

#202138 Armageddon X

Posted by Watari on 09 January 2009 - 07:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Since it's so far ahead, I'm there...along with CruxZader, Kai and [maybe] that other dude...yet things can change alot in 6 months.
This...is going to be, Effeminate.

#201931 Vulcan Box Mod

Posted by Watari on 08 January 2009 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

No one really Sn!pes in nerf, and that tacitc isn't smart because you're outranged by at least 50'...so in order to hit A GROUP of people when you start off (especially when you don't start next to each other) you have to run across the field (or buildings/obstructions, if playing in an urban enviornment) run into their guns' range, dodge all the incoming shots...then ACTUALLY HIT them, which is near impossible. Plus, they wouldn't be in a "group" anymore because of all the time it took you to run over there.

#201744 Vulcan Box Mod

Posted by Watari on 07 January 2009 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Well, There's always the wires, and i'm not an electrician. Anyways, i've already modded plenty of guns, it's just like when the longshot came out, people were afraid of modifying it 'cause it looked too complicated, now people can just open one up and get good results.

#201560 Vulcan Box Mod

Posted by Watari on 06 January 2009 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

It is my vulcan, my dad just doesn't want me to mod it...I mean, if I accidentally break something, that's $40....

#201530 A Simple Home-made

Posted by Watari on 06 January 2009 - 08:52 PM in Homemades

Woah, answered each of my questions, thanks alot man!
Just another one...Does plumbers goop actually say, "plumbers goop" or does it say something else?
I've seen plumbers "something" but not sure if I should've bought it 'cause it didn't say "goop"