Vassili's Content

There have been 146 items by Vassili (Search limited from 11-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#14033 My Gun

Posted by Vassili on 10 December 2003 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

2 strikes.

#47742 Springs

Posted by Vassili on 21 February 2005 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

Yeah, a C-882 Century spring cut in half is the perfect fit for an EaB. You should be able to find one at your local hardware store, even Lech could find one in Australia.

I highly reccomend bolt cutters or aviation snips. The first time I cut a spring, the only thing I could find was a jigsaw. It wasn't pretty, but an hour later I finally had two pieces.

#32471 Drawing On Swift5d

Posted by Vassili on 27 July 2004 - 09:03 PM in Homemades

ShortShit, I think in order to fire all 5 he takes off the end of the barrel.

#6060 Questions

Posted by Vassili on 26 June 2003 - 01:51 PM in General Nerf

For the pizza thing, square boxes are easier to make and can be folded for easier storage.

#4487 Ff Is Finished!

Posted by Vassili on 12 May 2003 - 06:02 PM in Off Topic

I think we do need to move, we've passed our bandwith by 4 pm both days. Cxwq, we might be interested, I'll keep you posted.

#25343 My Forum

Posted by Vassili on 01 May 2004 - 10:22 PM in Off Topic

It is crap, live with it.

#4465 Ff Is Finished!

Posted by Vassili on 11 May 2003 - 08:55 PM in Off Topic

Man, just when I thought Brinkster was perfect. I think switching to Web1000 is on our list sometime in the future, hell we might even buy a dot com.

#5634 Common Sense In War

Posted by Vassili on 11 June 2003 - 08:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Both those lists are good, but I think at least one commandment for "Common Sense in Forums" should be: Don't call the admin an asshole.

#2721 I Just Got A Sm3000.

Posted by Vassili on 26 March 2003 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

He's talking about the blue one. From what I've heard it's a piece of crap. I wouldn't even bother.

#21727 Bbb

Posted by Vassili on 19 March 2004 - 08:07 PM in Modifications

I modded one for a friend before with a 1 inch section of 17/32" and just 6 inches of 9/16". It got ranges of about 95 feet with plenty accuracy, and that was only crappy SteelWorks brass. It also helps to lube the plunger tube with vegetable oil.

#26625 Constricted Petg

Posted by Vassili on 20 May 2004 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

An idea I had a while ago, cut slits in PETG and wrap it tightly in electrical tape. With the ID of the PETG smaller, you can have a constricted section of the barrel that allows the air pressure in the plunger to build before firing the dart. I modded my Triple Shot and tested it with a normal PETG barrel and this barrel, and I definitely got improved results of about 5-10 feet. I encourage you to try this and see if you get similar results. I already wrote up a short Triple Shot mod and more details about the contricted barrel for NW, now we're just waiting for Grinch to post it. Feedback?

#26666 Constricted Petg

Posted by Vassili on 21 May 2004 - 09:10 AM in Modifications

My Triple Shot now gets 55' after I've gooped in the barrels. Maybe people have claimed better ranges, but if you look at Cxwq's First Shot Mod, someone who's results I trust on a gun with extremely similar, if not the same, plunger and spring, you'll see very similar results.

#2025 Big Huge Mod Dex

Posted by Vassili on 05 March 2003 - 07:55 PM in Off Topic

I just wanted everyone here to know that I released a mod dex on my site and it's a lot bigger than I would have suspected. Thanks again to Nerfhaven, Zero, Frost, and Atticus for being in it.

Linky

#13809 Eab And Lnl...similarities?

Posted by Vassili on 06 December 2003 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

You guys hadn't noticed that? I thought that was kinda obvious.

#10031 Big Bad Boner

Posted by Vassili on 19 September 2003 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

I modded IronRhino's without a spring replacement or internal rubber banding and got an average range of 95 feet flat. I cut down the orange barrel and put a 1 3/4" or so section of brass in the end of the plunger and gooped it in, then cut down a coupler and stuck it over the orange barrel stub. I also lubed the plunger tube with some vegetable oil and replaced the two springs from the little square orange pieces with the stub that stick out of the side since one was missing. The springs from Airtech barrels work very well for that. A 6 inch 9/16" brass barrel worked fine, but you may want a longer barrel. Here's some pics from a mod I never wrote up:

Pic 1
Pic 2

#2176 Mods For Rapidfire 20

Posted by Vassili on 12 March 2003 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

I tried a rubber band over my piston on my PC, but it didn't increase the range. All it did was slow the RoF and increase the pumps/shot ratio, which is kind of bad. You can probably bike tube the RF20 and increase some range.

#5803 Eagle Eye

Posted by Vassili on 18 June 2003 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure this is a new mod, but whether or not it is I seriously reccomend you try it. The Eagle Eye can can now be considered with the great spring pistols.

Eagle Eye Pistol

edit:: And while you're at it check out my new PC and SSII mods. Wow that sounded corny.

#5195 New Nerf Gun

Posted by Vassili on 01 June 2003 - 01:31 PM in General Nerf

Whoa, remote control Dad. How about: "Buy every Nerf gun in existence button." I bet most people (excluding Cxwq and Pineapple) would love it if those existed.

#30605 Spin Stabilization?

Posted by Vassili on 07 July 2004 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

I tried it with PETG. It didn't really work that well, the darts had very abnormal flight patterns and the reason one of the shots went 135 feet was because the dart decided to spin upwards. I never did find a very good way to keep the PETG very straight, so someone could probably make a better rifled barrel and get better results, but I doubt it will help at all.

Why do I not think it will work? With a rifled barrel, air can seap around the dart through the rifled grooves in the barrel, losing air pressure behing the dart. The benefit of the dart spinning just won't be able to make up for the lost air pressure.

The reason that rifled barrels work with firearms is because the bullet slightly expands from the heat and fills up the grooves. If someone was to make well-made darts with fins and made the fins spin in the grooves of the rifled barrel, you might get some good results. But, of course, making darts with fins is no easy task, and the added range will not be worth the extra hours put into making darts.

::edit:: And goddamnit okto, get a different avatar. That goes for you guys, too, NinjZ, crankymonky, and Katachi.

#352 Rapid Fire Guns

Posted by Vassili on 05 January 2003 - 09:17 PM in General Nerf

OHKs is the best. Do rounds and rounds of OHKs, it's the best.

#479 Multi-shot Homemade

Posted by Vassili on 09 January 2003 - 11:21 PM in Homemades

Any homemade with a long barrel can be a multi-shot.

#33165 New Homemade Barrel Assembly

Posted by Vassili on 04 August 2004 - 10:01 PM in Homemades

Genious.

#30688 Spin Stabilization?

Posted by Vassili on 08 July 2004 - 10:52 AM in Modifications

We also tried burning grooves in the darts, but they didn't really perform any better than normal stefans. They just weren't worth the time needed to burn the grooves. Also, as Ray said, they could not stand the Nerfing environment as well as normal stefans.

#8859 Wow, I Made A Dart That Gains Lift!

Posted by Vassili on 28 August 2003 - 11:20 PM in Homemades

How do they fit in a barrel if they have wings?

#3678 Weird Question

Posted by Vassili on 19 April 2003 - 06:54 PM in General Nerf

Thanks, whatever I have doesn't dry very hard.

#1204 Lock N Load Troubles

Posted by Vassili on 08 February 2003 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

I replaced IronRhino's catch spring with a spring from a click pen and it works great. Just cut it down to a shorter size and then stretch it if you want it to be weaker.

#3675 Weird Question

Posted by Vassili on 19 April 2003 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

Does hot glue dry harder when it's out of a high-temp hot glue gun or low-temp hot glue gun?

#4950 Dumb Internet Explorer

Posted by Vassili on 24 May 2003 - 01:03 AM in Off Topic

Sorry but this is really annoying and I can't figure out how to fix it. All of a sudden all the fonts on internet explorer are smaller. I went through all the internet options and I can't find anything on font size. I really don't know why this is happening since font size is supposed to be determined by the actual html file, isn't it? Anyone know how to fix this?

edit:: I fixed it. Now I feel really stupid, but I think something good came out of this. I downloaded Mozilla and I realize that you can't even read my site (Foam Fortress) in Mozilla because the menus don't go down. Do you Mozilla users have this problem?

#1977 How To Mod A Mad Hornet

Posted by Vassili on 03 March 2003 - 10:38 PM in Modifications

Wow is that a PC bladder powering a single shot? Does it work well?

#2859 X-stream Mods Completed

Posted by Vassili on 31 March 2003 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Wait, they are pump guns, right? How many pumps for the 100 feet? Also that's micros in PVC going 100 feet?

#1976 Secret Shot 2 Valve

Posted by Vassili on 03 March 2003 - 10:34 PM in Modifications

The SS2 valve is definitely the best valve there is, it isn't extremely big but it lets out air a lot faster than the SM valves, at least I think. Zero do you think you can figure out why you have to pump it fast or otherwise it leaks?

#996 Favorite Sb Commercial:

Posted by Vassili on 29 January 2003 - 11:39 AM in Off Topic

The blind date was pretty funny. The Cast Away ripoff was also pretty good. I never saw the Terry Tate add but I saw him do the parody with Al Roker and Matt Lauer.

#184 Brassed Eab.

Posted by Vassili on 28 December 2002 - 06:06 PM in Modifications

A solely brass barrel not covered in PVC will fit I am almost positive.

#4064 Max Shot + At2k

Posted by Vassili on 27 April 2003 - 10:34 PM in Modifications

This is really simple, but is quite convenient and comfortable, and has two shots. The airtank is slightly to the left, on the bottom of the Max Shot right at the closest blue part to the trigger, with only the very back touching the black part in order to keep the barrel of the 2k level. A keyring glued to the valve pin is right near the Max Shot trigger, and you can comfortably put your index finger on the 2k valve and your middle finger on the Max Shot trigger. The pump is just taped onto the side, and as of right now you have to cradle it to pump, but soon I'll glue it. I don't have a good barrel for the 2k yet, but I'm expecting this gun to have a 90 foot shot and a 100 foot shot, very effective. Pics by next weekend. I really reccomend this to any MS owner, it's really easy, took me 5 minutes.

#4442 Max Shot + At2k

Posted by Vassili on 10 May 2003 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

I took pics but there on IronRhino's camera and he hasn't uploaded them yet.

*Cough* IronRhino *Cough*

Its already changed though, I replaced the tubing with 2 feet of vinyl tubing because I want like 120 foot ranges, even if it will be 6 or 7 pumps. I'm going to do a lot of cosmetics soon, too. I think I'll paint the blue part on the max shot black, red and black would be sweet.

edit:: Okay here they are:

Pic #1
Pic #2
Pic #3

We had bad light conditions but you get the picture.

#6690 Help!exploding Air Tanks!

Posted by Vassili on 07 July 2003 - 10:27 PM in Homemades

It's called PVC Cement, buddy. All you do is glue everything together.

#4969 Dumb Internet Explorer

Posted by Vassili on 24 May 2003 - 06:52 PM in Off Topic

A Mozilla-friendly site is on my to do list. Problem is my to do list is bigger than my mom's Day After Thanksgiving Sale shopping list.

#168 Brassed Eab.

Posted by Vassili on 27 December 2002 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

Frenzy, that happened to mine too and I filled it up with tons of epoxy but it didn't hold. Duct tape was actually able to hold it for a couple days at a time but eventually I gave up on it. For any good modders out there, I think that there is enough room under the barrel to integrate an at2k. I need to run to TRU and buy one, then do some handy work with my hack saw.

#4453 Max Shot + At2k

Posted by Vassili on 11 May 2003 - 02:41 PM in Modifications

It won't be taped on for much longer and I definitely have to get another Max Shot that doesn't have anything on it. I also will add a stock soon, it kinda needs it since it jolts so much.

#6773 Help!exploding Air Tanks!

Posted by Vassili on 08 July 2003 - 09:59 PM in Homemades

We pump our homemades until you just simply can't pump anymore because you are not heavy enough to pump a bike pump. We get ours over 160.