Common Sense In War
Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:36 PM
Our Nerf team's name (Me, Dark Shrimp, and a couple of others) has become:
Nerf Team: Yeah...
Anyways, to the topic:
It has been brought up to my attention that we should somehow have some "commandments" for Nerf.
As in warfare with armies and stuff, we all abide by common rules that never have changed. These rules may not be written down, but they are always followed because they give a sense of honor...
Please, comment and/or add stuff... Here it is:
Common Sense in a Nerf War
1) Using common sense.
2) Not using shields unless otherwised agreed upon. This does not include guns specified to be used as shields.
3) Not stealing other people's guns and using them without permission. This includes guns that have been cast away due to long reloading time.
4) No H2H unless otherwise agreed upon.
5) No physical assault unless otherwise agreed upon.
6) No lying about being hit... This is goddamn basic, people!
7) No cursing or using bad language unless you feel intense pain, or bread (le pain)
8) No shooting someone in the head when they have called a time-out. (This mainly refers to Dark Shrimp)
9) No calling time-ins and then shooting someone in the head when they were the one who called the time-out in the first place. (Basic rule: The person who declares time-out is the only one who can resume the game, and if and only if the others are ready.)
10) No misc. stupid stuff... I.e. Shooting at point blank, tackling someone, trying to take their gun out of their hands, etc.
Now that I've posted my "Ten Commandments"* of Nerf Wars here, I would like you people to comment on it, question me, flame me, kill me, slaughter me, and reply to this topic. Thank you.
*I am Atheist, however I was educated in Christianity in the past... If there is something that I don't remember about mentioning the commandments or relating to them, please edit it or let me know so I will...
Guest_The Lord Cow_*
Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:39 PM
Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:51 PM
While you're there check out my other articles (in the Living End section), there's a lot of good information there.
Cxwq: We need to get those things hosted on this site man.
Posted 11 June 2003 - 05:34 PM
- Master Shake
Posted 11 June 2003 - 06:11 PM
Posted 11 June 2003 - 07:24 PM
Cxwq~ Please, do try... NerfOnline was a great referrence source for people new to Nerf and had lots of information... I might also be able to write up some articles if you want, I actually have some saved on my laptop at this moment...
Posted 11 June 2003 - 09:14 PM
Mystic, that was great! The only thing I have to add would be Safe Shooting, such as no shooting in the head, nuts, fingers, face, etc. Soft areas!
but we do sh*t and F---"
~Webbster, Foam Improvement.
"I got four points... I sackled you"
Posted 11 June 2003 - 09:48 PM
Eh... lots of people call me an asshole.
Both those lists are good, but I think at least one commandment for "Common Sense in Forums" should be: Don't call the admin an asshole.
While it's not likely to help our relationship, I don't really have that much of a problem with people disagreeing with me, even rudely. I just tend to fire back with similar language.
On the other hand, if I'm warning you that your behavior on the forums is unacceptable and you choose to respond by calling me an asshole, that would be bad news.
I guess that commandment can be paraphrased (as with so many others) as: Don't be stupid.
Posted 12 June 2003 - 11:41 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users