Mod Help

10 replies to this topic

#1 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:51 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question... but what is the best way to mod my big bad bow? I have pvc and brass of the correct diameters, but I don't know how long to make them, or of any internal modifications. I've looked on the web for other modifications, but they just don't seem to gain any distance... I have about a 6 inch brass barrel on my bbb right now, and yet I'm still only getting like 50 feet... Any suggestions or possible problems? Help is greatly appreciated. <_<

~ompa

#2 thewee1

thewee1

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:06 PM

Well, I don't know how brass is on the bbb compared to pvc. I never used brass on it but mine with pvc got 75 when I put bands on. Strech the spring, that helps alot.

Edited by thewee1, 17 March 2004 - 06:07 PM.

Me fail english that's unposible.
Bad spellers of the world untied...

The weeest man of the Lawn Chair Mafia

#3 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:08 PM

Well, I don't know how brass is on the bbb compared to pvc. I never used brass on it but mine with pvc got 75 when I put bands on. Strech the spring, that helps alot.

I just put a 30cm brass barrel on my Hypersight (Expand n Blast) and damn i love the range and accuracy. Brass is good on most rifles, much more expensive tho
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:33 PM

ok thanks, but wee, how long is your barrel? and hunter, I highly doubt a 30 cmbarrel for such a gun is a good idea, since expandablast and bbb are quite different. Thanks guys

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 17 March 2004 - 07:04 PM.

#5 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:37 PM

oh sorry, off topic. well the barrel works really well, and i was just recommending brass barrels, but bbb is a good gun for mods. look around the internet, you'll see some cool ones
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#6 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:41 PM

lol I have, lamarios, foam modified... TLM has apparently a good mod, but it doesn't say how long the brass is... Also, sorry if I sounded harsh, been a long day ;)

~ompa

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:02 PM

He said 30cm, not 30 inches.

You'll need a nested brass barrel. Try 1 inch 17/32" K&S nested in 8 inches of 9/16" K&S. Should get around a hundred feet flat.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:04 PM

Ok thanks a ton for the specifics on how to do it! Now just gotta figure out how to make a nested brass barrel and I'll be set. Thanks again

~ompa

#9 thewee1

thewee1

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:22 PM

On mine I did a range test with a 3 inch, 6 inch, and 9 inch barrels. I got about the same distance with the 6 and the 9 so I just use a 6 inch, less pvc to use.
Me fail english that's unposible.
Bad spellers of the world untied...

The weeest man of the Lawn Chair Mafia

#10 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 08:07 PM

I modded one for a friend before with a 1 inch section of 17/32" and just 6 inches of 9/16". It got ranges of about 95 feet with plenty accuracy, and that was only crappy SteelWorks brass. It also helps to lube the plunger tube with vegetable oil.

Edited by Vassili, 19 March 2004 - 08:07 PM.

Foam Fortress Co-Webmaster

#11 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:05 AM

He said 30cm, not 30 inches.

You'll need a nested brass barrel. Try 1 inch 17/32" K&S nested in 8 inches of 9/16" K&S. Should get around a hundred feet flat.

i made a barrel for steve's BBB that was basically those exact measurements, and i can testify that it works great as long as 1) your darts fit snug in the 17/32" 2) you're not steve's BBB (which has a long history of separating into 2, sometimes 3 pieces upon priming) another thing you might want to try if your darts are different is just 6" of PETG, supposing you can get your hands on some.

the only other mod i can suggest, is to attach a 1/2" PVC coupler and house your barrel in a piece of 1/2" sch. 80 (the black stuff) PVC, to create a breech loader. now i'm not exactly sure how it works out specifically for the BBB, but you can check out that basic concept here.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users